Competitions 2016 Supercoach and Dreamteam Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Guys,

Any early opinions on a few guys here would be appreciated.

Polkinghorne look like a top up you guys have picked to be in the best side or as depth. Doesn't have a great scoring history but if he has good security then looks like a good option with a possibly more prominent role?

Hams any chance of games and if he does what type of role would he be looking at?

Tipungwuti I have seen mentioned as a likely starter in this thread but never herd of the guy. Is he still likely after Top up signings and what can you tell me about him?

Kommer it sounds like is little chance of featuring.

Thanks again guys

Hey guys,
Looking for any current information track viewers might have of Bird? How's he looking? Where do you see him playing?
He was obtained during the trade period - what do you think the club had in mind for him? And has this changed since the suspensions came in?
Thanks

Hi Guys,

Any early opinions on a few guys here would be appreciated.

Polkinghorne look like a top up you guys have picked to be in the best side or as depth. Doesn't have a great scoring history but if he has good security then looks like a good option with a possibly more prominent role?

Hams any chance of games and if he does what type of role would he be looking at?

Tipungwuti I have seen mentioned as a likely starter in this thread but never herd of the guy. Is he still likely after Top up signings and what can you tell me about him?

Kommer it sounds like is little chance of featuring.

Thanks again guys
Polkinghorne's hard to get a read on, but he's likely to be on the fringes.

Hams looks unlikely due to the mass of inside midfield signings.

Tippa is probably 5th/6th in line small defender.

Kommer unlikely to feature from what I can gather.
Hey guys,
Looking for any current information track viewers might have of Bird? How's he looking? Where do you see him playing?
He was obtained during the trade period - what do you think the club had in mind for him? And has this changed since the suspensions came in?
Thanks
He's our best inside midfielder.

Polkinghorne's hard to get a read on, but he's likely to be on the fringes.

Hams looks unlikely due to the mass of inside midfield signings.

Tippa is probably 5th/6th in line small defender.

Kommer unlikely to feature from what I can gather.

I reckon the way Worsfold likes to pressup that Kommer will feature prominently in 2016.

team.jpg

very early draft but im looking like this (without having seen any nab rookies)

I reckon every year presents itself with a preffered strategy depending on what players and prices have been thrown up.

I think this year with so mach value in the forwards and the distinct lack of back guns im really going to load up in the midfield and try to burst the gates early. Reckon we are lucky this year to not have to worry so much about cash generation as we will have a constant flow of Ess rooks (with no vest) comming through by default.

i know a lot are taking dasy but i just cant, trengove too.. JOM dosent seem able to start either. If there is one other change im tossing is Merrett to Barlow, also woulsdnt mind Rosa to KK.

anyone else got any drafts cracking yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Struggle to see Tippa scoring highly enough and playing enough to warrant selection. Not a major ball winner and took a lot of time getting used to VFL standard footy. The step-up to AFL in what seems to be a rather bleak team for this season (unfortunately for us) will be quite an adjustment for him. Hope I'm wrong, but there is definitely better/safer options to choose from for bench players in DEF.

Struggle to see Tippa scoring highly enough and playing enough to warrant selection. Not a major ball winner and took a lot of time getting used to VFL standard footy. The step-up to AFL in what seems to be a rather bleak team for this season (unfortunately for us) will be quite an adjustment for him. Hope I'm wrong, but there is definitely better/safer options to choose from for bench players in DEF.

i hear all that, what stuck in my mind was when disco took him into the office to let him know he would be drafted, he said we think you are ready to play senior football - and this was before the verdict.

I reckon his ready body may have him ahead of a few - and lets be fair we are going to be bare bones at times this year. I reckon i'd be happy to take 60s out of him but ofcourse this is nab pending.

I like hibberd the most aside from the other two ess talls, even tucker if Freo change their rookie playing policy.

Bird is tracking well - Will play all games - May be played as more of a defensive midfielder.

What makes you say that? Curious

Who else do you have on the inside now? Can't quite remember who is/ is not suspended. Goddard, and you've picked up Simpkin (Bird would be ahead of him obviously)

Who else do you have on the inside now? Can't quite remember who is/ is not suspended. Goddard, and you've picked up Simpkin (Bird would be ahead of him obviously)

I guess Crowley could be inside? Zac Merrett? Simpkin as youve said, Hams if he gets a crack maybe, Laverde too? You can see what we are up against and why Bird is front and centre of the list.

View attachment 213581

I reckon every year presents itself with a preffered strategy depending on what players and prices have been thrown up.

I think this year with so mach value in the forwards and the distinct lack of back guns im really going to load up in the midfield and try to burst the gates early. Reckon we are lucky this year to not have to worry so much about cash generation as we will have a constant flow of Ess rooks (with no vest) comming through by default.

i know a lot are taking dasy but i just cant, trengove too.. JOM dosent seem able to start either. If there is one other change im tossing is Merrett to Barlow, also woulsdnt mind Rosa to KK.

I'd do the Zach to Barlow trade, a rule of thumb of mine is to never have more than 4 players from any one side.

The other thing for me is to go Billy Frampton as the rookie ruck. Loersch is the 4th in line ruck at GC, Frampton the #2 at Port. The added bonus is that if Lobbe gets injured you can save a trade and just swap them.

Bird, Simpkin, Merrett, Kelly, Polkinghorne, Crowley, Hams are the inside brigade.

I'd do the Zach to Barlow trade, a rule of thumb of mine is to never have more than 4 players from any one side.

The other thing for me is to go Billy Frampton as the rookie ruck. Loersch is the 4th in line ruck at GC, Frampton the #2 at Port. The added bonus is that if Lobbe gets injured you can save a trade and just swap them.

Bird, Simpkin, Merrett, Kelly, Polkinghorne, Crowley, Hams are the inside brigade.

I.made the Barlow move this morning, also sidey to Adams, more upside.

Unfortunately I'm skint for cash so I need to deadwood r3 with a rookie cheapie, I'd love to handcuff Frampton

I.made the Barlow move this morning, also sidey to Adams, more upside.

Unfortunately I'm skint for cash so I need to deadwood r3 with a rookie cheapie, I'd love to handcuff Frampton
Downgrade Rosa to someone like Aish and then go Loersch for Frampton?

Might keep an eye on Adelaide in the nab to see who gets off the leash in defence, so many options there. Janesh, Laird, Henderson, Smith, Hampton, Seedsman plus probably some I'm forgetting...Could be a good Rosa downgrade there. To be fair I really want kk over Rosa but we can't afford everything

View attachment 213581

Dusty over Lids, Lids is better for SC imo. Would have Currie or West as R3.

Personally, with the s**t rookie defenders this year, might need to go with a midpricer @ D5.

Training reports and the views of one or two learned posters.

Dusty over Lids, Lids is better for SC imo. Would have Currie or West as R3.

Personally, with the s**t rookie defenders this year, might need to go with a midpricer @ D5.

Couple of rooks might present soon? I'll keep an eye on Wigg, Byrne, Weitering, Tippa, Brown, Hartley, Tucker, Hibberd, Collins, Skinner, Morgan - see if anyone steps up over nab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back