Live Event 2017 Charles Sutton Medal - 4 October, 7pm @ Crown Palladium

Remove this Banner Ad

I know the CSM works differently but for those interested in the Ching as a guide for Rds 21-23:

Macrae and McLean got 9 votes each
Bont and M Boyd got 5 each (1 BoG each)
JJ got none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bont wins the B&F with an injured hip all year. If he's injury free he will go very close to the brownlow next year. I'd say the hip is why his goal kicking accuracy went to s**t this year.

All hail the Bont!
Not quite as good a season as last year but clearly an outstanding performance, especially as he seemed to be carrying an injury for a lot of games.

He's just a class above.

Happy for JJ and that Macrae steamed home for third as well.

Congrats boys.

JJ scored a paltry 11 votes in the Ching as opposed to Macrae (51) and Bont (50). Does this mean we Ching voters are impersonators of Sergeant Schultz?

Ching is a midfielders award. Darcy and Lake the only non-mids to win the award, Biggs was highest non-mid this year in 7th.

In saying that, I’m not convinced JJ had a better year than Macrae. Top 5 would’ve been fair (had a good year but I don’t think he was better than he was in 2016, like most of our players)

jj had a shocking season maybe 3-4 rounds he was decent.

58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg

JJ scored a paltry 11 votes in the Ching as opposed to Macrae (51) and Bont (50). Does this mean we Ching voters are impersonators of Sergeant Schultz?
Yep, and it's not just the Ching voters! ;)

Naah, they are different voting systems. Ours is simply the top 5 vote totals from all submitted votes. The CSM (correct me someone if I'm wrong) is based on every player getting between 1 and 5 votes from multiple coaches (dunno how many). So even if you have played a poor game you get at least 1 vote. And even our best on the day might not get 5 votes.

Over the years we have not been too far off the mark with the Ching but the CSM always throws up a surprise or two in the top 3 (Hunter and Morris come to mind in recent years) and occasionally even the winner.

So Bont and Macrae played 22 games this year and JJ played 20. That means JJ averaged 9.2 votes per game while Bont averaged 8.4 and Macrae 7.0. That's why I'd be interested in knowing how many coaches vote. Might only be 3-4 of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back