2017 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, you think Bulldogs are going to go from 2 wins 4 losses in the last 6 games, to 5 wins 1 loss in the next 6 games?

I've been the eternal optimist for the Dogs this year, but they'll be lucky to win 2 of next 6. They're in competition-worst form right now, except for maybe the Roos.
While I do think we are up against it, form is temporary and teams can indeed turn things around.

Sydney have shown by turning a 0-6 start into a 9-7 position that finding momentum is a key.

The Dogs should win in Cairns this week (3 from 3 up there) and if they could then find a way to beat Essendon they would be back in the 8 or certainly very close. Momentum like that could carry them to finals.

I expect a few twists and turns yet.
It is conceivable that Adelaide, with their draw, may lose every game from here, although I am not predicting that. GWS also have a tough run and could still miss finals.

It is a very intriguing and unpredictable season.

Heyyyyyyy buddyyyyyyyy

Wasn't far off. Port played pretty poor but did enough late with thier talls and our weak defense. I knew six weeks ago we would get our chance but didn't take it on the second last game. I can wear that.

Lol... How anyone could tip us to finish that low with a fit list having half a side out injured the last 2 years is stupidity
Lol I don't know why I did since I liked the look of Port Adelaide's list with Ryder back. Thought they would either go into the 8 or crash down, but I guess I went with Port crashing down.

Wasn't far off. Port played pretty poor but did enough late with thier talls and our weak defense. I knew six weeks ago we would get our chance but didn't take it on the second last game. I can wear that.
Umps couldn't quite get you and goodguybob over the line either. Surprising..

Going to have to dramatically change your gameplan over summer. It's been worked out, the handball game just doesn't work anymore.

1. Adelaide
2. GWS
3. Richmond
4. Geelong
5. Port Adelaide
6. Sydney
7. Melbourne
8. Essendon
9. West Coast
10. St Kilda
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Hawthorn
13. Collingwood
14. Fremantle
15. Carlton
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane
18. North Melbourne

Finals Week 1
QF1: Adelaide def. Geelong
QF2: GWS def. by Richmond
EF1: Sydney def. Melbourne
EF2: Port Adelaide def. Essendon

Semi-Finals
SF1: Richmond def. by Sydney
SF2: Geekong def. Port Adelaide

Preliminary Finals
PF1: Adelaide def. by Sydney
PF2: GWS def. Richmond

Grand Final
GWS def. by Sydney

Last edited:
Top 8 Certanties
1-Swans
2-Eagles
3-Crows
Expect all 3 to be strong contenders with home base advantages to come into play
4-Dogs
5-GWS
Consistency is still a ? for me and both will have stronger draws to contend with. The hangover for the Dogs is a concern for me, but should still make top 4.
6-Hawks
the extremes in experience will start to narrow. Jaeger, Vickery & Mitchell are strong additions if they come off. Still a dangerous forward line.
Top 8 Contenders
7-Dees
8-Dons
2 teams i expect the most improvement from. Melbourne in consistency and Essendon from bottom of the ladder with a full list and an expected easy draw from finishing last.
-----------------------
9-Cats
Biggest slider for mine. Draw will go from second easiest in 2016 to likely one of the toughest. Not in a position to add a lot of talent, so the reliance on Paddy and Selwood will be a problem.
10-Dockers
11-Saints
12-Collingwood
Will be competitive in a tough slog of a year.
Anyone from 7-12 is a chance of making the last 2 spots in the 8 if they take their chances and other teams don't
Unlikely Top 8 teams
13-Port
Jettisoning players like Hartlett and Lobbe due to salary cap pressure is not ideal. Esp for a team that hasn't threatened the 8 in a while. not sure who comes in to improve this squad into a top 8 team.
14-North
15-Suns
16-Tigers
17-Carlton
Bit of a combo of teams who are still building good lists (Blues and Suns) and some ex-top 8'ers who will enter rebuild phases (Roos, Tigers)
18-Lions
Will be a tough year as they transition to a new model and continue building the list

Underrated the Cats, Port and Tigers
Overrated Hawks, Dogs and Eagles.

Not bad on the Ess & Melb call.

1. GWS
2. Bulldogs
3. Sydney
4. Adelaide
5. Geelong
6. St Kilda
7. Collingwood
8. Essendon

9. Melbourme
10. Hawthorn
11. Port Adelaide
12. West Coast
13 Richmond
14. Gold Coast
15. Fremantle
16. North Melbourne
17. Carlton
18. Brisbane

GWS vs Adelaide - GWS by 34
Bulldogs vs Sydney - Bulldogs by 20
Geelong vs Essendon - Geelong by 35
St Kilda vs Collingwood - St Kilda by 6

Adelaide vs Geelong - Geelong by 23
Sydney vs St Kilda - Sydney by 55

GWS vs Sydney - GWS by 12
Bulldogs vs Geelong - Geelong by 10

GWS vs Geelong - GWS by 30

Premiers: GWS
Runners up: Geelong
Coleman: Lynch (GC)
Norm Smith: Callan Ward
Brownlow: Bontempelli

Swap Bulldogs/Richmond and that's pretty close

Adelaide
Geelong
Gws
Richmond
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Melbourne
Essendon

Week 1 finals
Thursday 7.20pm Adelaide vs Richmond
AO
Friday 7.50pm Geelong vs GWS Simonds Stadium
Saturday 2.10pm Sydney vs Essendon SCG
Saturday 7.20pm Port Adelaide vs Melbourne AO
The Elim final should be on the Thurs night.. that's crap if the team that finishes 1st or 2nd has to play in that crap time slot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Elim final should be on the Thurs night.. that's crap if the team that finishes 1st or 2nd has to play in that crap time slot

The loser though gets a longer break going into week 2, which is the advantage of finishing top 4.

1. Adelaide
2. Geelong
3. GWS
4. Richmond
5. Port Adelaide
6. Sydney
7. Melbourne
8. Essendon
9. West Coast
10. St Kilda
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Hawthorn
13. Collingwood
14. Fremantle
15. Carlton
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane
18. North Melbourne

Finals Week 1
QF1: Adelaide def. Richmond
QF2: Geelong def. by GWS

Semi-Finals
SF1: Geelong def. by Sydney
SF2: Richmond def. by Port Adelaide

Preliminary Finals
PF1: Adelaide def. Port Adelaide
PF2: GWS def. by Sydney

Grand Final
Adelaide def. by Sydney
You've got that wrong ... Adelaide would play Sydney in a prelim if those results occurred in the first two weeks.

GWS would then play Richmond or Port in a Prelim ... an-all Sydney GF is a chance.

1. Adelaide
2. Geelong
3. GWS
4. Richmond
5. Port Adelaide
6. Sydney
7. Melbourne
8. Essendon
9. West Coast
10. St Kilda
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Hawthorn
13. Collingwood
14. Fremantle
15. Carlton
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane
18. North Melbourne

Finals Week 1

Semi-Finals

Preliminary Finals

Grand Final
Adelaide def. by Sydney
I think that's the scenario oppos are praying for.

The final 8, if it stays with the same teams as expected, more resembles 2014 than it does 2015 or 2016. 5 teams from 2014 are back in the 8 this year (Sydney, Geelong, Richmond, Essendon and Port) with only 3 from 2015 (Adelaide, Sydney, Richmond) and 4 from 2016 (Adelaide, Sydney, Geelong, GWS)

Imagine if the Blues beat the Swans... id sleep easier on the Saturday night if that happened ....... sigh

1. Adelaide
2. Geelong
3. GWS
4. Richmond
5. Port Adelaide
6. Sydney
7. Melbourne
8. Essendon
9. West Coast
10. St Kilda
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Hawthorn
13. Collingwood
14. Fremantle
15. Carlton
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane
18. North Melbourne

Finals Week 1

Semi-Finals

Preliminary Finals

Grand Final
Adelaide def. by Sydney

I think that Richmond will catch GWS on percentage, which really throws a cat amongst the pigeons for the finals draw - it gives them an effective home final against Geelong at the G, and if they get through that a home final against Sydney.

I think that Richmond will catch GWS on percentage, which really throws a cat amongst the pigeons for the finals draw - it gives them an effective home final against Geelong at the G, and if they get through that a home final against Sydney.
I think we're a better than even chance of beating the Cats, but it's possible. That puts them either at Spotless or AO in week 1.Their capable of winning at either though.

If we get through that we'd get a home prelim rather than a home finalagainst Sydney. A loss would give us a home final v either Sydney, port or Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back