State of Origin 2017 NSW vs QLD SoO Discussion Thread - QLD win 2-1

Game 3 Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't help but think Queensland continually winning is going to kill off origin. There's a breaking point somewhere. I just wonder how close it is.
It's not their fault NSW continually fail. Pearce has played 7 Origin series and hasn't won one, but they keep picking him. Their forwards are way better than QLD on paper but they didn't turn up the last 3 halves of the series.

Queensland also have a winning mentality and have for over a decade now. Some of the best clutch players that's ever played the game in JT and Smith also helps.

It's not their fault NSW continually fail. Pearce has played 7 Origin series and hasn't won one, but they keep picking him. Their forwards are way better than QLD on paper but they didn't turn up the last 3 halves of the series.

Queensland also have a winning mentality and have for over a decade now. Some of the best clutch players that's ever played the game in JT and Smith also helps.

QLD also have greater team spirit and pride in representing their state, NSW have as much talent but they just don't seem to have the same spirit or passion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to Peace, he tried his guts out. Certainly can't blame him and Maloney for losing this year.

He's lost 7 series, something has to give.

NSW have lost 11 of the last 12... what's your point?

Also worth noting that bloody Trent Hodkinson was halfback for the series they did win.

QLD also have greater team spirit and pride in representing their state, NSW have as much talent but they just don't seem to have the same spirit or passion.

NSW actually don't have the same amount of talent though. They have maybe 4 or 5 players that would make the Queensland team and Queensland have had at least half-a-dozen hall of fame worthy players over the past 12-odd years.

Also worth noting that bloody Trent Hodkinson was halfback for the series they did win.
How many of those games has Pearce actually been good in during the 7 series? He goes missing way too much. I know he wasn't the sole reason for them losing the game/series but he literally does nothing when his team is down.

He'll wrongly get the blame but who does NSW really have as options in the halves? Queensland just unearthed JT's successor tonight and their depth is crazy when you look at them leaving DCE out of the team

To be fair to Peace, he tried his guts out. Certainly can't blame him and Maloney for losing this year.

He's rubbish mate. He completely misread his tackle on Munster and then got in the way of the other player who could've actually tackled him in the break that lead to the game-deciding try by Holmes.
Try as he might, he's simply not up to origin level.

He'll wrongly get the blame but who does NSW really have as options in the halves? Queensland just unearthed JT's successor tonight and their depth is crazy when you look at them leaving DCE out of the team
Cleary will take over from Pearce in 2019 probably. I'm sure Pearce will be there again next year but if NSW lose again I think Cleary will be ready by 2019.

Back