Training 2018 Pre Season Discussion and Progress

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to believe in fairy floss balloons and clowns until one day I realised that many clowns are just paedaphiles using an opportunity to get close to their prey. Where there once was dreams now is accompanied by cynicism. I would love to believe that the club is motivated solely by welfare of AJ. Lets face it, it is a major PR outcome and boon for Swans within the whole AFL community if he makes it back on the unflinching support of Swans. Others who were able bodied like ROK didn't get that loyalty. They had reached the end of course and how could the club sacrifice for them? Yes agree.....we must always be moving forward and doors get closed accordingly.

This year is the acid test for AJ. As much as I would love the dream, I don't think it's going to happen. And if he doesn't I will shed a tear but my thoughts won't just be of AJ it will be all players who've been left with unfulfilled dreams

Oh, no doubt. I have wondered more than once how much longer they could hold his spot for him. But I feel one of two things will happen at this point. He will either make it back to be an impact player or another devastating injury will end it. But I can't second guess the club standing by him. I am not in the training room to see the work he has put in. Just as I am not on the ground to see why others do not get that type of loyalty.

That being said, I agree. This is the acid test. Without him returning to form this season, I cannot see him being back the next. But when they cut and resigned him to the rookie list, the club was saying this year is make or break.

Is today's game on the internet somewhere?

If you are a Telstra customer you can get the AFL Live Pass free for the year and would be able to watch it off that.

AJ is clogging our list. it is beyond a joke now.

He's not clogging our list. I consider a list clogger to be someone the club persists with year after year despite them showing very little. AJ, on the other hand, was awesome both years leading up to a flag, including in the decider.

He's not clogging our list. I consider a list clogger to be someone the club persists with year after year despite them showing very little. AJ, on the other hand, was awesome both years leading up to a flag, including in the decider.

thats fine for you to define the term however suits you. i would define a list clogger as someone who is on the list but doesn't play and is not in contention to play. even before this latest injury he was not even up to neafl standard in the games he played last year. he did not deserve another contract. if he wanted to play again he should have gone back to neafl/vfl etc but i doubt he would of got a go even in the second tier comps

Just watched the Giants game on Swans website. After seeing Stoddart run out of a tight situation to get us going, kick a nice goal, and a couple of times get on his bike the moment he handballs it to provide an option - Put him in the bloody team! He offers what we've been badly lacking down back - could really make a difference to how our team plays.

Fox had a good first half today - leading meters gained....
Bloody radio on afl.com has let me down though. :mad:

AJ is clogging our list. it is beyond a joke now.

In comparison, AJ still being around is just a small giggle. But letting Tom Mitchell leave for Hawthorne? Now, there is the punchine that leaves you gasping for air. Unfortunately, I don't find that joke funny at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I expect we will find out but I would be very interested to know how tall McCartin is now as he was 192cm a month or so before his 18th birthday. I would love to find out if he has grown a few centimetres since then.

Haven't had a chance to watch any JLT games. What I'm reading about games and training makes me very excited for the future- draftees and rookies coming through.

Fox, stoddart, ling, Mccartin, florent, Hayward. All seem likely successes at this early stage. That would be an incredible conversion rate.

Bell did well in neafl games last year.

Not much mention of Maibaum or Ronke

Towers and Hewitt stepping up.

If heeney mills and jones take another step as you would expect they will......omg it's looking good.

Alir if he can recapture 2016 form.

I'm one happy little swans supporter at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back