Training 2019 Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still working through his injury from last year isn't he?

I would have thought so. This was on the last injury report too and we haven’t been told of any further issues. Thus I would think he is probably completing a late starting preseason and they’ll work him up in terms of load. Indefinite meaning they don’t want to put a timeline on it, when he is ready he is ready.

I would have thought so. This was on the last injury report too and we haven’t been told of any further issues. Thus I would think he is probably completing a late starting preseason and they’ll work him up in terms of load. Indefinite meaning they don’t want to put a timeline on it, when he is ready he is ready.
Yeah that's the way I read it as well. Nothing to be concerned about yet. There's still plenty to go through on this season

Jonathon MARSH (East Fremantle - 2018 WAFL)
Totals

• 17 games
  • 10 times best players list
  • 2 goals
  • 3 behinds
Averages
  • 12.4 kicks
  • 5.1 handballs
  • 17.5 disposals
  • 6.1 marks
  • 2.5 tackles
  • 0.7 frees for
  • 1.0 frees against
  • 2.3 inside 50s
  • 4.3 rebound 50s
  • 74.00 AFL Fantasy Points
Sam McLARTY (Collingwood VFL - 2018 VFL)
Totals

• 18 games
  • 2 times best players list
  • 18 goals
  • 12 behinds
Averages
  • 7.6 kicks
  • 6.4 handballs
  • 14.1 disposals
  • 3.9 marks
  • 2.8 tackles
  • 0.6 frees for
  • 0.9 frees against
  • 2.6 inside 50s
  • 0.4 rebound 50s
  • 10.3 hitouts
  • 73.61 AFL Fantasy Points
Hayden McLEAN (Sandringham - 2018 VFL)
Totals

• 13 games
  • 7 times best players list
  • 9 goals
  • 3 behinds
Averages
  • 7.3 kicks
  • 5.9 handballs
  • 13.2 disposals
  • 5.2 marks
  • 3.5 tackles
  • 1.1 frees for
  • 0.9 frees against
  • 2.6 inside 50s
  • 0.4 rebound 50s
  • 10.3 hitouts
  • 75.92 AFL Fantasy Points

Jonathon MARSH (East Fremantle - 2018 WAFL)
Totals

• 17 games
  • 10 times best players list
  • 2 goals
  • 3 behinds
Averages
  • 12.4 kicks
  • 5.1 handballs
  • 17.5 disposals
  • 6.1 marks
  • 2.5 tackles
  • 0.7 frees for
  • 1.0 frees against
  • 2.3 inside 50s
  • 4.3 rebound 50s
  • 74.00 AFL Fantasy Points
Sam McLARTY (Collingwood VFL - 2018 VFL)
Totals

• 18 games
  • 2 times best players list
  • 18 goals
  • 12 behinds
Averages
  • 7.6 kicks
  • 6.4 handballs
  • 14.1 disposals
  • 3.9 marks
  • 2.8 tackles
  • 0.6 frees for
  • 0.9 frees against
  • 2.6 inside 50s
  • 0.4 rebound 50s
  • 10.3 hitouts
  • 73.61 AFL Fantasy Points
Hayden McLEAN (Sandringham - 2018 VFL)
Totals

• 13 games
  • 7 times best players list
  • 9 goals
  • 3 behinds
Averages
  • 7.3 kicks
  • 5.9 handballs
  • 13.2 disposals
  • 5.2 marks
  • 3.5 tackles
  • 1.1 frees for
  • 0.9 frees against
  • 2.6 inside 50s
  • 0.4 rebound 50s
  • 10.3 hitouts
  • 75.92 AFL Fantasy Points
On paper Marsh looks like the best option but in another article it mentions he's moved to Melbourne along with his gf who is finishing her degree there. You would think we are number 3 on that list of Marsh's preferences

On paper Marsh looks like the best option but in another article it mentions he's moved to Melbourne along with his gf who is finishing her degree there. You would think we are number 3 on that list of Marsh's preferences
“Marsh’s preferences”?! :rolleyes: Sod his preferences, if he’s serious about getting a spot on an AFL list at this very late stage he should be begging us for a go. He has no right to have any preferences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Marsh’s preferences”?! :rolleyes: Sod his preferences, if he’s serious about getting a spot on an AFL list at this very late stage he should be begging us for a go. He has no right to have any preferences.

I think he was more referring to be other two Melbourne clubs being interested, given he is already there.

If all three were to make an offer to him, his preference is likely to be with the Melbourne clubs given he is already there.

If they don’t make an offer and we do, then your point is valid.

I think he was more referring to be other two Melbourne clubs being interested, given he is already there.

If all three were to make an offer to him, his preference is likely to be with the Melbourne clubs given he is already there.

If they don’t make an offer and we do, then your point is valid.
Meh, he goes where he’s bloody well told to go and he should be bloody happy with it.

Clearly it’s time I left work for the day! :)

I'd be interested in Marsh first given he's a bit older - but would agree he's unlikely to want to come.
I think we really need a KPD who is just real tall so happy if they think McLean warrants a chance, though he is young.
Neilson as a lockdown defender would be like for like. A couple of years as a professional already...
Talia anyone? :think:

Jonathon Marsh – Richmond VFL – 194cm – 24yo
Has put his hand up to return to the AFL after two seasons at East Fremantle in the WAFL. Preparing to play under his former Collingwood assistant Craig McRae at Punt Road this season.

Hayden McLean - Sandringham - 197cm - 20yo
Trained with the Saints at the end of last season in the hope of winning a spot on the club's main list. Seen by many as the most unlucky key position player to miss out last November.

Daniel Nielson – Werribee – 194cm – 22yo
Managed seven AFL games for North Melbourne in 2017 before he was cut at the end of 2018. A lockdown defender who returns to the Roos' former VFL affiliate to play under Mark 'Choco' Williams.

Nathan Mullenger-McHugh – Box Hill – 196cm – 21yo
Spent three seasons at Whitten Oval but was unable to make his senior debut. Crossed to Box Hill and was this week added to the club's leadership group. Speed is his big asset.

Michael Talia – Norwood – 194cm – 25yo
Played 31 games at the Western Bulldogs and Sydney before he was cut at the end of 2016. Since moving to Adelaide and spending more time with brother Daniel, he has matured in the SANFL. Has had his off-field queries but enjoyed a strong season for the Redlegs in 2018.

Sam McLarty – Williamstown – 197cm– 20yo
Cut from the Pies after two seasons on the list in November. Started as a key defender before playing forward/ruck in the VFL. Now training as a defender at the Seagulls.

Injured?
Can't see any Club notices

Still recovering from his injury last year. As he's a young player and it was such a lengthy injury I suspect they are easing him into training for 2019 which is why he is indefinite, because how can you give a timeframe for a return when he's not even fully training yet? It's like starting pre-season all over again for Ling so it will just be a wait-and-see situation with how quickly he can get back into the swing of things.

Yeah that's the way I read it as well. Nothing to be concerned about yet. There's still plenty to go through on this season

From the Grundy eyes quick return article on the Swans website:

Meanwhile, young midfielder Matt Ling remains on the road back from a toe injury.

The 19-year-old is back running and is building up to full training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back