Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

In the CMac video I bloody love hearing Finn talking about giving more love to players who are getting tagged and aiming to protect their teammates.
It's a great point that we've often complained about on here and now we've got the premier tagger in the comp telling us we need to do more- great scenes!

I‘d give Lynch a run as a forward instead of Kosi. Meek, Reeves and Lynch rotation vs Bombers would be an interesting forward combination.
I like the thought process to an extent. Too cumbersome we'd be though, and the Bummers would run it out far too easily. We really need Lewis back Asap to balance our tall forward mix.

not sure if itll work but

How long before they are back at Waverley?
Groundskeeper was incredibly hopeful that they'll be back training at Waverley by end of February - so regular training should commence before the last hit out against Collingwood for the round 1 prep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not wanting to replace Lewis with something you'll have to throw away in 10 weeks, I like that. On that front it seems like Jeka's forward line return may be permanent and all we can hope is that he can grab that promise he's shown before with both hands. If he doesn't, I don't think it bodes well for his spot on the list next year.

Not wanting to replace Lewis with something you'll have to throw away in 10 weeks, I like that. On that front it seems like Jeka's forward line return may be permanent and all we can hope is that he can grab that promise he's shown before with both hands. If he doesn't, I don't think it bodes well for his spot on the list next year.
Which is pretty much what I said earlier about Jeka's move to the forward line. If Mitch was returning in say round 3 or 4 it was not worth it for Jeka to move forward as it would be binned when Lewis returned but we all know now that injury is much more severe, and he could miss a lot of football this year so yes, the Jeka move is permanent.

did anyone actually get emailed the cmac video link? says it was emailed to members on twitter.

Yes. It takes a few seconds to running after you click on the link and the click on the picture.

Btw does anyone know who is the guy Sam introduces before he comes to Ned Maginness? He is one solid unit.

Yes. It takes a few seconds to running after you click on the link and the click on the picture.

Btw does anyone know who is the guy Sam introduces before he comes to Ned Maginness? He is one solid unit.
Tristen Waack from Morwell.

Hope this is ok to post here (and that its actually interesting) but I think this is a great example of things we should keep an eye out for in our own players when trying to understand certain injuries they might have.
Especially this time of year when we can see so much media around running and lifting weights over preseason.

As a huge nerd for this kind of stuff, heres a Twitter post on Max Gawn returning to running after his recent hammy issue.

I'm not sure if this is obvious to most but watching the way Gawn's legs move there's such a huge contrast to the bloke next to him.

Gawn's had a few ACL and other knee issues over the journey, and I have my fingers crossed he hasn't got one more left in him in the future if the video is a true representation of how he moves on the track and in-game.

He's obviously a superstar of the game and one of the best rucks this century.

But despite all that he still seems to have a pretty common pattern associated with poor leg mechanics:
  • Knees caving inwards/almost rubbing together
  • Arches collapsing inwards
  • Feet essentially flicking out to the side rather than things being more linear.

Again the guy on the right is pretty stable.

Its always important to clarify that things like this are never guaranteed to cause an injury as so much can go into that kind of thing, but it can certainly put a cap on efficiency, and athleticism.

Just thought it'd be interesting to point out and keep an eye on our guys for little clues as to why they may get injured, or continue to be injury prone if these things arent a focus.

Someone like Wingard's soft tissue issues are more likely to be based on something tangible rather than bad luck or unlucky genes. Often its not the hamstring or the calf's fault it gets injured, more that its a consequence of poor spinal mechanics etc.

Sometimes those clues are there for us to see whenever the Hawks media team are happy to put up a video or some pics of them on the track, in the gym, or just sitting around.

Having said that, would love to create a space where we could collate some of this media and see what we can figure out albeit as passive observers. Possibly in the injury watch thread if its interesting enough?

Hope this is ok to post here (and that its actually interesting) but I think this is a great example of things we should keep an eye out for in our own players when trying to understand certain injuries they might have.
Especially this time of year when we can see so much media around running and lifting weights over preseason.

As a huge nerd for this kind of stuff, heres a Twitter post on Max Gawn returning to running after his recent hammy issue.

I'm not sure if this is obvious to most but watching the way Gawn's legs move there's such a huge contrast to the bloke next to him.

Gawn's had a few ACL and other knee issues over the journey, and I have my fingers crossed he hasn't got one more left in him in the future if the video is a true representation of how he moves on the track and in-game.

But despite all that he still seems to have a pretty common pattern associated with poor leg mechanics:
  • Feet essentially flicking out to the side rather than things being more linear.

Its always important to clarify that things like this are never guaranteed to cause an injury as so much can go into that kind of thing, but it can certainly put a cap on efficiency, and athleticism.

Just thought it'd be interesting to point out and keep an eye on our guys for little clues as to why they may get injured, or continue to be injury prone if these things arent a focus.

Someone like Wingard's soft tissue issues are more likely to be based on something tangible rather than bad luck or unlucky genes. Often its not the hamstring or the calf's fault it gets injured, more that its a consequence of poor spinal mechanics etc.

Sometimes those clues are there for us to see whenever the Hawks media team are happy to put up a video or some pics of them on the track, in the gym, or just sitting around.

Having said that, would love to create a space where we could collate some of this media and see what we can figure out albeit as passive observers. Possibly in the injury watch thread if its interesting enough?

I love this stuff too sven_inc. Maybe we can run a sweep on who gets injured first (joking).

If would be interesting to see the comparison with guys like Dylan Moore, Blicsavs, Isaac Smith who have athletics background where running technique is drilled into kids in the same way hand-balling, kicking and bouncing is to kids from Auskick to juniors. My gut feel is they have far fewer soft tissue injuries.

Once you develop bad habits that you can get away with it's hard to break them. Cyril was so fast he could catch anyone or run away from anyone but when asked to run long distances the repeated stress hamstrings that were bearing too much of the running load caused injury. He re-learned the technique and fixed it (albeit the midfield attempts stopped and he got a knee injury and retired before putting it to a long term test).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back