Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final : Geelong v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to give credit when it's due. Geelong are a fantastic run club, and despite my dislike for him Scott's abilty to keep them motivated and contending for so many years is bloody impressive. I'm not on hodgeyroads level where I'll secretly have all their jumpers stored away but my respect for them has definitely gone up.

Worst grand final in a long time. I checked out 15 minutes in. Love they say the game has never been better I wholeheartedly disagree just because it’s close through your the year doesn’t mean it’s good. Least accountable version ever no knock on the players just no genuine contests anymore and the current version has led to Castagna wining flags and now the second worst spud Rhys Stanley.

Yes and I think that his Norm Smith win makes the 13/14/15 Hawks team the only one to include 4 Norm Smith winners- Hodge, Lake, Rioli, Smith. Somehow that great team just got a little greater.

It also means there would’ve been Hawks Cats games in 2013 featuring 7 Norm Smith winners- those 4 + Bartel, Stevie J and Chapman?

Need a stats guru to clarify.
This requires some mental gymnastics mate.

I know they had a young group out there but what the hell is the Swans problem in grand finals? Historically their record is atrocious. It was obvious they were cooked within 2 minutes of the game yesterday.

You have to respect the Cats for what they've been able to achieve, they played the game in the right way and absolutely monstered their opponents. Hard to believe we were celebrating a victory over them not too long ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure what everyone expected of Buddy. Swans had 32 inside 50’s - and most of those were shite.

Swans were outright bullied yesterday
That poster he kicked at the beginning of the second killed the game. Swans came out hard that quarter and he kicks that (and it wasn’t difficult) they give themselves some chance back to 3 goals down. Instead Cats go up the other end from the kick in and it’s out to 5 goals and that’s it.

Swans supporters are pretty dirty on him - I thought he was poor even considering how few times the ball was down there. Longmire has a fear of moving Buddy when it isn’t working - Clarko used to get him up the field when he was having a quiet game.

What was Buddy going to say - “I’m going for the money”

Which is why he went

He went for lifestyle more than money - and he left more on the table at GWS. So, yes, he was going to the Swans to go to a team that was competitive and where he could be with his partner and get paid accordingly.

As much as I dislike Selwood, that was one classy act!

His gesture for Ablett's son was quite touching too.

Seems like a quality person off the field - just wish he didn’t play for free kicks like he does. Really lowers his colours in terms of on field exploits for mine.

Longmire has a fear of moving Buddy when it isn’t working - Clarko used to get him up the field when he was having a quiet game.
That's what I said to my dad who I was watching it with. Longmire had to get Buddy involved and the best way would have been to get him up onto the wing or something. He's an underrated field kick and could have helped their transition with some long, flat dart kicks.

It was the same in 2014. Just get him on to the wing and run the ball - he’s still quick and can break lines

Instead he was stuck forward and getting balls bombed on to his head and never went past high half forward.

They all do it (even ours). Selwood is just good at it.

For mine, it's the dramatic appealing as much as the ducking that makes me dislike him as a player.

Know a couple of people who have been involved with him off the field, and they have nothing but the highest praise for him as a person. Always feel it's good to separate criticism of the player from the person.

Fairly solid rumours Selwood has retired….let’s hope so. I hate him but he is why they have been so competitive for so long. We need leaders like him in the draft if we can find them. Our leadership is a shell of what it was since Hodgey left

Fairly solid rumours Selwood has retired….let’s hope so. I hate him but he is why they have been so competitive for so long. We need leaders like him in the draft if we can find them. Our leadership is a shell of what it was since Hodgey left

Hopefully as we don't need him potentially winning a 5th flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back