Position 2022 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

News that Tucker is in, and will be filling the Cerra role - is good enough for me. Basically a free hit, rather than loopholing. Leaves me with no cash, but lets me bring in that last midprice defender that was in my side most of pre-season, that's not a huge risk - and can be upgraded or downgraded as needed in Round 2. Also gives me 30 green dots

Lock and load!

SDK at D8, McCartin (E) at D7 and NOD (C) @ D6 ?
is that how you are structured up?
feel i'm missing something in the message.

I dont think you will be able to VC loop and rookie loop in the same position.
either one or the other.
That's probably why I couldn't work out how to do it!

News that Tucker is in, and will be filling the Cerra role - is good enough for me. Basically a free hit, rather than loopholing. Leaves me with no cash, but lets me bring in that last midprice defender that was in my side most of pre-season, that's not a huge risk - and can be upgraded or downgraded as needed in Round 2. Also gives me 30 green dots

Lock and load!
nup.

Lock and load!
Sic vs Tucker same price both with role uncertainty. Tucker gets pushed out when Fyfe is back you'd imagine

Sic vs Tucker same price both with role uncertainty. Tucker gets pushed out when Fyfe is back you'd imagine

The way I see it, is it's a free hit and I like Tucker's role better this week. I was already looping McCartin and SDK and leaving 262K for next week. He only needs to score above his breakeven, and I make money. Even if I have to trade him out, it's no big deal.

Could do the same with with other defenders, but I'm most confident with him, and the Freo board have been pretty high on him this pre season, along with Longmuir. If it works out, I save a trade. If it doesn't, I trade him up or down. It's a complete mess down back for all of us, and this saves me trying to pick the eyes out of a premo and sacrificing Jelly and Grundy to do it - plus he was another that was in my side most of pre-season, so it feels right for him to be in there.

The way I see it, is it's a free hit and I like Tucker's role better this week. I was already looping McCartin and SDK and leaving 262K for next week. He only needs to score above his breakeven, and I make money. Even if I have to trade him out, it's no big deal.

Could do the same with with other defenders, but I'm most confident with him, and the Freo board have been pretty high on him this pre season, along with Longmuir. If it works out, I save a trade. If it doesn't, I trade him up or down. It's a complete mess down back for all of us, and this saves me trying to pick the eyes out of a premo and sacrificing Jelly and Grundy to do it - plus he was another that was in my side most of pre-season, so it feels right for him to be in there.
Are you talking about the Tucker who's rushed back from a soft tissue injury? A monty to be subbed before half time I reckon.

If you have the reasoning then back it in. I just can't see enough upside there priced at 61 with queries around his role and fitness. At least Sic you know is flying fitness wise.

If you have the reasoning then back it in. I just can't see enough upside there priced at 61 with queries around his role and fitness. At least Sic you know is flying fitness wise.

If Jiath doesn't play and Hartigan does , then I'll go with Sic - as he'll have far less competition for running half back/there'll be another key back to allow him to play the interceptor along with Scrimshaw. If the above doesn't happen, then I'll go with Tucker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Brodie will be out before Tucker.. but thats just me (and listening to the last 3 months of raving about Tucker as an inside/outside combo mid)
At the same time, not sure i could do it.. bloke is like a younger version of Prestia, with his body

Lock and load!
fuming I locked in Rioli last night

I thought we wouldn't run Tucker off no preseason games

The risk with Tucker is definitely injury but JL sounds like he has him earmarked for the Cerra role

JL rates him, he found a spot in the team for him at half back last year coming off is previous injury, looks like he is going to step back up this season

If Jiath doesn't play and Hartigan does , then I'll go with Sic - as he'll have far less competition for running half back/there'll be another key back to allow him to play the interceptor along with Scrimshaw. If the above doesn't happen, then I'll go with Tucker
At a stretch, Hayden Young for 30k more an option?

Best role of the lot. Durability plus a lot of mouths to feed back there are the concerns. If he was 100k cheaper everyone would be on.

Best role of the lot. Durability plus a lot of mouths to feed back there are the concerns. If he was 100k cheaper everyone would be on.

If there was another 190K decent option, I'd consider it, but it's just not viable to go up that much. Tucker's role looks very good, and I was very keen on him all pre-season, so it feels like fate if I do end up with him in the end, haha

The role is there for all of Chappy, Young and Ryan. I settled on Chaps for upside. Couldn't bring myself to have more than 2x in the starting side.

The role is there for all of Chappy, Young and Ryan. I settled on Chaps for upside. Couldn't bring myself to have more than 2x in the starting side.
I really like Chapman. He's the one I'm going back and forth on with Sic depending if Hartigan is named. Just the 6 career games so far is the only turn off but jeez he looked good in those pre-season games.

What do you see him averaging? Would have to be around 80 to be worth it.

I really like Chapman. He's the one I'm going back and forth on with Sic depending if Hartigan is named. Just the 6 career games so far is the only turn off but jeez he looked good in those pre-season games.

What do you see him averaging? Would have to be around 80 to be worth it.
If he keeps being allowed to roam free across HB and defensive wing, 80 should be the minimum.
70-75 realistically, especially once teams start to realise what he's doing.

Lock and load!
Where is the Cerra news from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back