Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends, I would love some opinions here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Having such little cash in the bank is a concern.
Not having DStephens or Brodie is a concern.
Xerri at F4 with Goldy named on-ball and CCJ in the side is a concern.

In order to improve elsewhere, I'm open to dropping Steele, and/or one of JHF or Ward.

Would you keep the side how it is, or would you make changes? If so, what changes do you suggest?

Here is a list of players I like: Parish, Jelly, Pendles, Rowell, DStephens, De Goey, Heeney, Brodie, and any of the cheap rookies I don't have, as it's all lotto anyway

(I didn't post my full side because I didn't want suggestions involving my backline or rucks, as they're locked)

View attachment 1347028
I’ve made this decision earlier, live & die by the sword. Yolo

Steele to Rowell - great value
Xerri to Heeney - full fitness

View attachment 1347099
Ignore voss he is just a placeholder for the moment.
I think there is no way I get 30 green dots, cheapest way I could do that would be grainger-barras (207k) at d7 but thats so expensive just to get that 30th green dot. Ideas appreciated cheers
5 defender rookies would stress me out.

I’ve made this decision earlier, live & die by the sword. Yolo

Steele to Rowell - great value
Xerri to Heeney - full fitness
De Goey > Heeney for me.

I'm leaning towards doing it. I'll make a snap decision before the match tonight.

Rowell's CP numbers in the preseason match were insane. With Touk at his side, Anderson on the outside, and Witts when he's back, their midfield will surprise a few teams and monster it.

so it's:
-Steele to Rowell
-Xerri to De Goey
$93,500 in the bank for corrections

also considering:
-Rachele to Brodie
$54,000 in the bank for corrections

De Goey > Heeney for me.

I'm leaning towards doing it. I'll make a snap decision before the match tonight.

Rowell's CP numbers in the preseason match were insane. With Touk at his side, Anderson on the outside, and Witts when he's back, their midfield will surprise a few teams and monster it.

so it's:
-Steele to Rowell
-Xerri to De Goey

also considering:
-Rachele to Brodie
JGD burnt me last year, so I’m staying clear

GL though - Vive la difference :D

De Goey > Heeney for me.

so it's:
-Steele to Rowell
-Xerri to De Goey

also considering:
-Rachele to Brodie
Hey Steve,
Nice team mate!
I reckn Steele to Rowell is good but I'm not so sure about the Xerri up to JDG.
My f4-6 is McGovern, Brodie and Xerri. I think Brodie and Xerri are pretty good bets at their price and if they fail then you can go down to rachelle or go up to English or another suprise FWD if you KEEP THE CASH in reserve.
All the best!!

This is what I have finally settled on

Have $80k left over
Very, very similar to mine mate. I essentially have Chapman instead of Whitfield, and Steele instead of Rowell. And now also Marshall, as I had Darcy, and didn't want to commit to both Hinge and Gibcus.
Just not quite sure if I can improve it today, currently $121k left.

1647559146623.png

Last edited:
Subject to any last minute wobblies, this is where I've landed. Hate carrying Gibcus' price on the bench but have prioritised 30 green dots. Will take a look at Brodie/Xerri for a couple of weeks and side/down trade if not performing.

1647559712162.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Steve,
Nice team mate!
I reckn Steele to Rowell is good but I'm not so sure about the Xerri up to JDG.
My f4-6 is McGovern, Brodie and Xerri. I think Brodie and Xerri are pretty good bets at their price and if they fail then you can go down to rachelle or go up to English or another suprise FWD if you KEEP THE CASH in reserve.
All the best!!
Thanks for the input mate.

I've decided if I'm going to drop Steele for Rowell, I'll be grabbing De Goey. I think his form at the end of last season continues. Had a ripper preseason aside from the incident on his break. Random broken rib in preseason meant he just had to rest a bit. Got low ToG and spent time forward in the praccy match because of it. I expect him to line up at most CBAs.

I've also decided on Brodie over Xerri and Rachele for now. A correction trade (or 2... or 3...) is fine if needed in rd3.

Alright I'm done.

No Rachele might be a mistake, but I just can't shake the feeling that Brodie is going to do very well, at least early in the season.

Rookie correction trades in rd3 are an essential part of SC, so it's OK to make a couple mistakes. I'll happily drop a trade boost and do 3 of them if required. I suspect I might need Dyl Stephens, but I'll deal with that in rd3. I'm not taking his score on field anyway.

The only way my team changes now is if there are late outs, or if:
-Owens goes 150 and temps me to turn JHF or Ward into a donut
-McCartin goes 150 and temps me to turn Hinge or JHF/Ward (via DPP) into a donut
-JHayes goes 150 and temps me to turn JHF or Ward (via DPP) into a donut

buuuutttt I highly doubt either of those things happen, so I should be locked in

1647560039352.png

Alright I'm done.

No Rachele might be a mistake, but I just can't shake the feeling that Brodie is going to do very well, at least early in the season.

Rookie correction trades in rd3 are an essential part of SC, so it's OK to make a couple mistakes. I'll happily drop a trade boost and do 3 of them if required. I suspect I might need Dyl Stephens, but I'll deal with that in rd3. I'm not taking his score on field anyway.

-McCartin goes 150 and temps me to turn Hinge or JHF/Ward (via DPP) into a donut

buuuutttt I highly doubt either of those things happen, so I should be locked in

View attachment 1347265

Very Very Similar to my team only a couple different.

Alright I'm done.

View attachment 1347265
All the picks you are agonizing over are good picks mate.
I think your team does well which ever way you choose.
That looks a good team.

View attachment 1347330
Still not 100% with it and will tinker all day, still got $350k in bank
Too much to hold I reckon. More than $150k will hurt you points-wise.

Expensive rook up to De Goey or Heeney?
DStephens to a cheapie, then Hinge up to Ryan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back