Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20220204-191945_Chrome.jpg

v2.0.3

the 6 premo defence seemed to work well last year. theyre solid reliable scorers. the forwards not so much. plus not much value in premo mids this year. with rucks and defenders taken care of it becomes a game of building cash to grab a super premo mid when they eventually have an off week.

View attachment 1322009

Lock it in now.
22 games playing mid. No injuries. Minimal fwd time but on the SCG the 50m arc is inside the centre square anyway.
$101
You heard it here first
Heeney needs to play majority of game time in the midfirld to score well. Until such time i see him do that he is far too risky a pick
Been burnt too many times with Heeney even when he was fit. Wouldnt touch him with a ten foot pole

DEF - Gull, Hall, Crisp, Sic, rookie, rookie (rookie, rookie)

MID - Macrae, Steele, Piggy, Neale, Rowell, JHF, Diacos, Ward (Mead, Clarke, rookie)

RUC - Dundy (Comden)

FWD - Bailey, Jackson, Rayner, Cogs, Curnow, Hollands (SDK, rookie)

Bank: approx 90-100k pending final rookies

Gone mid-city madness up FWD because I don’t trust any campaigner priced above $460K

Thoughts?

Last edited:
DEF - Gull, Hall, Crisp, Sic, rookie, rookie (rookie, rookie)

MID - Macrae, Steele, Piggy, Neale, Rowell, JHF, Diacos, Ward (Mead, Clarke, rookie)

RUC - Dundy (Comden)

FWD - Bailey, Jackson, Rayner, Cogs, Curnow, Hollands (SDK, rookie)

Bank: approx 90-100k pending final rookies

Gone mid-city madness up FWD because I don’t trust any price above $460K

Thoughts?
nice pod picks. strong midfield and rucks. if your fwd picks pay off you could be in for a nice payday.

Don't get all the love for Zac Butters. What am I missing?

1c7be5f9510740ca7fc737b19f8ff424.gif

Heeney needs to play majority of game time in the midfirld to score well. Until such time i see him do that he is far too risky a pick
Been burnt too many times with Heeney even when he was fit. Wouldnt touch him with a ten foot pole

Is that factual or just a popular perception? Last season for example, in the 8 games where Heeney kicked 3 goals or more he scored all of his 100+ SC scores from 7 of those 8 games. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he wasn't playing midfield in all of those games. It seems to me that even when he does get midfield time he still needs to either kick multiple goals from the midfield and/or spend significant minutes per game in the forward line to score well.

For Heeney to score well in SC a 50/50 M/F split is ideal as that suits his strengths as a player more than playing predominatly as an onballer because he's an impact player and not (and never has been) an accumulator of possessions in the same way that Mills (who was a gun inside mid as a Jnr) is. Heeney's also an excellent overhead mark for his size and has great goal sense. Too much time away from the forward line does not really play to his strengths imo.

h2.JPG

Is that factual or just a popular perception? Last season for example, in the 8 games where Heeney kicked 3 goals or more he scored all of his 100+ SC scores from 7 of those 8 games. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he wasn't playing midfield in all of those games. It seems to me that even when he does get midfield time he still needs to either kick multiple goals from the midfield and/or spend significant minutes per game in the forward line to score well.

For Heeney to score well in SC a 50/50 M/F split is ideal as that suits his strengths as a player more than playing predominatly as an onballer because he's an impact player and not (and never has been) an accumulator of possessions in the same way that Mills (who was a gun inside mid as a Jnr) is. Heeney's also an excellent overhead mark for his size and has great goal sense. Too much time away from the forward line does not really play to his strengths imo.

View attachment 1322145
Interesting most of his good scores are in wins as well.

Sup kents.

First draft here, 64k to play around with rookies and the like. Seems like most of the cash to be gained is off mid rookies but of course that'll all change in the preseason games.

Trying to go for a youthful team with a lot of upside. Can't wait for us to all get burnt by cogs.

1644015330858.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1322145
Totally agree Birchy

You wouldn't want majority mid time with Heeney as his scoring is much better as a fwd. However a split like you said close to 50% should help those games where it isn't happening up forward and hopefully raise his floor.

In turn it could limit his large ceiling games because they come from majority fwd time.

An interesting conundrum

I’m sticking with Neale @ M5 - Too hard to get in the 650k SP’s just my opinion

Normally I'd agree, but using a few of the trade boosts will help to overcome that by way of 2 down & 1 up trades in Rds 8-10 or whenever you do your first major upgrades.

Do I have the guts to try this...
View attachment 1322232
No, no you probably don't. I dont think it looks bad though! If you were to go with it you would earn a lot of respect from me for trying something completely different. Of course my respect is not worth much, if anything. It cant be monetised or cashed in for a better SC overall ranking either :p

Totally agree Birchy

You wouldn't want majority mid time with Heeney as his scoring is much better as a fwd. However a split like you said close to 50% should help those games where it isn't happening up forward and hopefully raise his floor.

In turn it could limit his large ceiling games because they come from majority fwd time.

An interesting conundrum
The importance of ‘some’ mid time for his SC scoring is he gets to add some cheap possessions to his scoring, not many cheapies up forward, especially a gun target like Heeney.

I like the idea. Reckon you've gone just a bit too extreme though with that much money on your benches.

I reckon something like this could work though.

View attachment 1322254
Going super light in the mid's might be necessary if there are no defensive rookies. All these expensive rookies are getting me twitchy though, there is no way they all come off.

Gone back to this team. I keep changing D1, D5, M3 & F3/4 but i think im happiest with the extra gun midfielder at M3 (Walsh) and Rayner as F4. Im not entirely happy with my backline which is why i have been experimenting with changes like Lloyd > Ridley, Walsh > Thomas & Worrell > Rioli. So it comes down to Lloyd, Walsh & Worrell/Rookie vs Ridley, T.Thomas & Rioli. I think im pretty content with the 2 guns and a rookie

Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 11.27.07 am.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back