Injury 2022 Saints Injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI two posters on SS are going with Marshall and Paton both leaving the track early and in doubt.

Paton concussion and Marshall quad. I didn't see this at all.

Anyone got any ideas?
I was there yesterday. Paton definitely didn't look good after the head clash with Kyle. Both had blood streaming from their heads; and both went into the rooms for treatment. Kyle returned with his head bandaged, but Paton didn't reappear! Marshall left the track early with what appeared to be a quad issue. He didn't look happy!

I was there yesterday. Paton definitely didn't look good after the head clash with Kyle. Both had blood streaming from their heads; and both went into the rooms for treatment. Kyle returned with his head bandaged, but Paton didn't reappear! Marshall left the track early with what appeared to be a quad issue. He didn't look happy!
Paton must've cleared the concussion protocols so you have to assume he'll be fine. If Marshall actually has a knock then I'd be worried

With all the talk of Billings in the gameday thread I was wondering if there is any update on his timeline? Thought he was due to at least play in the 2s for half a game or whatever right about now

It was originally around 4 weeks.
Then this happened.
-----------------------------------
Speaking after his side’s win over Richmond on Sunday, coach Brett Ratten told reporters the 26-year-old, who is yet to play a senior game this season, would take a little bit longer to return to the field.

“Jack’s had a bit of a setback. On Thursday it was and we wait to find out exactly where it sits with him,” he said.

“I’m tipping he’ll be more two to three than a week away. He’s just had a little bit of a setback with that hamstring.”
----------------------
dated april 7th , so its just coming up to the three weeks from then.

It was originally around 4 weeks.
Then this happened.
-----------------------------------
Speaking after his side’s win over Richmond on Sunday, coach Brett Ratten told reporters the 26-year-old, who is yet to play a senior game this season, would take a little bit longer to return to the field.

“Jack’s had a bit of a setback. On Thursday it was and we wait to find out exactly where it sits with him,” he said.

“I’m tipping he’ll be more two to three than a week away. He’s just had a little bit of a setback with that hamstring.”
----------------------
dated april 7th , so its just coming up to the three weeks from then.

So he should ease himself in with a lazy 20d and 4g coming up in the rezzies :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints saving their full injury update for today it seems.

Injury list​

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Hunter ClarkShoulder1-2 weeks
Nick CoffieldKneeSeason
Dan HanneberyCalf6-8 weeks
Jack HayesKneeSeason
Updated: Wednesday, 27 April

I don't have much expectation for Hunter Clark this year, he's missed so much footy since getting cleaned up by Mackay.

2 more weeks recovery, then 2 in the VFL, brings us to the week before the bye. So there's every chance he doesn't get into the senior team until after the bye, which will mean he's played half an AFL game in a full year.

I don't have much expectation for Hunter Clark this year, he's missed so much footy since getting cleaned up by Mackay.

2 more weeks recovery, then 2 in the VFL, brings us to the week before the bye. So there's every chance he doesn't get into the senior team until after the bye, which will mean he's played half an AFL game in a full year.
I had feared this also and given how things are clicking I only see him fitting in Wood's position (assuming the rookies are out for Jones and Billings.) Will be pretty competitive. Next would be Long but I guess that would be a structural change

Good well rested, he can replace someone who's starting to show signs of fatigue and peak for finals.

Clark still in the fluro cap at training today. His recovery is taking a very long time. Would love an update from the club.

You suggesting he's Ben Simmonsing?

Haha nah just frustrating to see him have such a long stint on the sidelines. Seems like he's been in non contact training for weeks now.
it was always going to be at least 8 weeks its a big injury

Was listed as 4-6 at the time. Shaun Higgins did the same injury in 2019 and missed five weeks. The priority is getting Clark fully right to go and that's clearly the right thing to do. Just frustrating for him.
And other players have had the same injury and missed 10 - 12 weeks was never going to be 4 weeks

And other players have had the same injury and missed 10 - 12 weeks was never going to be 4 weeks
Fans are entitled to get their hopes up for it to be 4-6 when that's literally what the club said it would be. Regardless, it's been 7 after this week. Anyway, I'm not saying it's a problem or anyone has done the wrong thing. It's just unlucky and it's reasonable to be disappointed a promising player like Clark is having so long on the sidelines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back