FF: Rosas - King - Jeffrey

R: Witts - Anderson - Rowell

I: Sharp - Swallow - Davies - Holman

E: Bowes - fiorini - burgess

Weller, Buderick not considered due to injury
Edit: with Rankine out.

Last edited:

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 7.12.41 pm.png

On Jack. He has been a bit maligned this year.

The last 6 weeks give a bit of an indication of what he can do.

16 disposals, 6.3 marks, 11 scoring shots (really poor conversion), 5 goal assists.

You put Ben King on the end of some of his kicks and he polishes up his goal kicking - he will be a player.

View attachment 1484641

On Jack. He has been a bit maligned this year.

The last 6 weeks give a bit of an indication of what he can do.

16 disposals, 6.3 marks, 11 scoring shots (really poor conversion), 5 goal assists.

You put Ben King on the end of some of his kicks and he polishes up his goal kicking - he will be a player.
Yeah agree, it's a bit of a slow burn but he will be a very good player for us

LOL listening to these commentators in the North game trying to decide who out of King, Chol, Lukosius, and Casboult fill the tall forward spots in our forward line next year. They’ve completely forgotten to mention Joel Jeffrey!

King, Chol and Jeffrey are a diverse and dangerous tall trio IMO. Luko can play the swingman off the bench between the arcs. Leaves room for 3 small/medium forwards, from maybe Rankine (if he stays), Rosas, Hollands, Benny, Davies. Spitta could also spend some more time there provided we can find a couple of more numbers to run through there. I’d love for Levi to stay on too in case of injuries.

LOL listening to these commentators in the North game trying to decide who out of King, Chol, Lukosius, and Casboult fill the tall forward spots in our forward line next year. They’ve completely forgotten to mention Joel Jeffrey!

King, Chol and Jeffrey are a diverse and dangerous tall trio IMO. Luko can play the swingman off the bench between the arcs. Leaves room for 3 small/medium forwards, from maybe Rankine (if he stays), Rosas, Hollands, Benny, Davies. Spitta could also spend some more time there provided we can find a couple of more numbers to run through there. I’d love for Levi to stay on too in case of injuries.
You're giving them too much credit for even knowing who he is
Despite Montagna being the commentator when he kicked 5 against the Bulldogs.

Round 1 team below

FB: Lemmens - Collins - Farrar
HB: Powell - Ballard - Andrew
C: Holland - Miller - Ellis
HF: Ainsworth - Chol - Jeffrey
FF: Rankine - Casboult - King

R: Witts - Anderson - Rowell

I: Lukosius - Swallow - Davies - Holman

E: Rosas - Bowes - Sharp

Weller, Buderick not considered due to injury
I agree most part on this team. Think our forward line could be,
Ainsworth luko rankine(rosas)
Chol King swallow
With Jeffery and Davies rotating through. I love holman but I think as we get stronger guys like Davies, swallow or hollands probably squeeze him out.

I agree most part on this team. Think our forward line could be,
Ainsworth luko rankine(rosas)
Chol King swallow
With Jeffery and Davies rotating through. I love holman but I think as we get stronger guys like Davies, swallow or hollands probably squeeze him out.
Unfortunately for Holman, for us to go to the next level he has to be squeezed out. He would make an excellent sub most weeks though, which he has done before. I always thought Swallow would take his spot, but he has been great as a mid. Maybe Davies could with another pre-season since he has the height, or Hollands.

Unless Holman has another gear to go to… but I think injuries will keep him out. He still has a fantastic attitude and can step right up if needed or mentor some physicality to our VFL kids.

Pardon the intrusion, but what’s happened to Bowes? 2021 looked likely to explode and be a key mover off half back, potentially through the middle. Earns a spot or trade bait? I reckon he’s too good to be playing in the twos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon the intrusion, but what’s happened to Bowes? 2021 looked likely to explode and be a key mover off half back, potentially through the middle. Earns a spot or trade bait? I reckon he’s too good to be playing in the twos.
Rowelly broke his shoulder before round 1, didn't come back till near the byes.

He'll find a way back into the team. Not getting traded

We could see Jeffrey really go to another level next year.
He only played 5 games this year and had pretty low time on ground in 2 of them.

Without Rankine, you would imagine he should be a regular starter in the first team.
He has a really varied game. Can take a contested mark, ranked 'above average' for ground ball gets, is a reasonably good forward pressure with a number of inside 50 tackles.

If we extrapolate his stats to 80% game time - it looks like below.

Disposals = 11.5 / game
Goals = 1.85 / game
marks = 4 / game
contested marks = 1.4 / game
goal assists = 0.45 / game
score invovelemnts 4.5 / game
tackles inside 50 = 1.2 / game

Easily has the potential to kick 30-35 goals next year and be a really difficult match up for us.

We could see Jeffrey really go to another level next year.
He only played 5 games this year and had pretty low time on ground in 2 of them.

Without Rankine, you would imagine he should be a regular starter in the first team.
He has a really varied game. Can take a contested mark, ranked 'above average' for ground ball gets, is a reasonably good forward pressure with a number of inside 50 tackles.

If we extrapolate his stats to 80% game time - it looks like below.

Disposals = 11.5 / game
Goals = 1.85 / game
marks = 4 / game
contested marks = 1.4 / game
goal assists = 0.45 / game
score invovelemnts 4.5 / game
tackles inside 50 = 1.2 / game

Easily has the potential to kick 30-35 goals next year and be a really difficult match up for us.
So, where do u fit him in?
What is your best 22 at this stage?

Just for fun..

Graham Collins lemmens
JJ ballard Powell
Ellis Anderson hollands
Dusty Lukosius ainsworth
Chol King swallow
Witts miller Rowell
Jeffery farrar rosas Davies

We saw Noah come home with a wet sail in the BNF voting.

Post bye, he was insane.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 12.34.05 pm.png

Compared to season averages for superstars of the league - it's pretty darn comparable.
Probably under appreciated how good he was.

PossessionsMarksTacklesGoalsGoal assisti50score involvement
Noah (post bye)27540.60.867
Bontempelli23.5551.11.15.58
Parker24.545.50.60.346
Boak27440.50.856
Mccluggage255.550.90.84.56.5
Andy Brayshaw294.560.50.44.56
Guthrie253.550.50.336

Andy Brayshaw's 4th year was his real breakout year.
Noah is tracking ahead of him on performance to date, no doubt.

We saw Noah come home with a wet sail in the BNF voting.

Post bye, he was insane.

View attachment 1502491

Compared to season averages for superstars of the league - it's pretty darn comparable.
Probably under appreciated how good he was.

PossessionsMarksTacklesGoalsGoal assisti50score involvement
Noah (post bye)27540.60.867
Bontempelli23.5551.11.15.58
Parker24.545.50.60.346
Boak27440.50.856
Mccluggage255.550.90.84.56.5
Andy Brayshaw294.560.50.44.56
Guthrie253.550.50.336

Andy Brayshaw's 4th year was his real breakout year.
Noah is tracking ahead of him on performance to date, no doubt.
Yep his last half of the year was awesome.
Some people on here reckoned he was running out of steam.
Looked better than ever.

I think it could end up like this.. draft permitting

Lemmens Collins Andrew
Powell Ballard Long
Ellis Miller Hollands
Anderson Chol Ainsworth
Rosas King Humphrey

Witts Flanders Rowell

Bowes Weller Swallow Jeffery

I think it could end up like this.. draft permitting

Lemmens Collins Andrew
Powell Ballard Long
Ellis Miller Hollands
Anderson Chol Ainsworth
Rosas King Humphrey

Witts Flanders Rowell

Bowes Weller Swallow Jeffery
Can’t squeeze in Luko? TBH, not sure where his best role is, but think he gets in the team.

I really like Andrew. I see more in him than Graham, for example. Not sure he plays round 1 unless he has an exceptional pre-season though.

Also, unsure a 1st round pick gets straight in the team (whoever it is), but I guess we have a Rankine size hole that someone should fill.

I really hope I'm wrong because I like him, but I'm getting a (albeit less dickheady ) Jack Watts vibe about him
All the tools but just unable to use them to their full potential
He did miss 10 games with 2 PCLs. Lost conditioning. I saw his first VFL game and he was not even able to kick the ball properly.

I thought he had a couple of good games early the the season and then late in his new role - roaming wing, high forward, forward. I was frustrated how many times teammates did not see him. He can easily scoree 2 goals per game IMO if he works on his set shot.

In the last game of the season, Luko was actually committed, chased hard, tackled. I was pleasantly surprised. Get his knee right in the off-season and I am optimistic (as usual).

Can’t squeeze in Luko? TBH, not sure where his best role is, but think he gets in the team.

I really like Andrew. I see more in him than Graham, for example. Not sure he plays round 1 unless he has an exceptional pre-season though.

Also, unsure a 1st round pick gets straight in the team (whoever it is), but I guess we have a Rankine size hole that someone should fill.
Probably squeeze luko in front of Bowes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back