No Oppo Supporters 2023 General AFL Discussion - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We changed our entire style to become more of an attacking team who rely on transition football with elite foot skills compared to the heavy contested style previously. He literally changed our gamestyle before don pyke arrive, pyke further enhanced it. Horse/coaching issue solely stems from the grand final/grand final preparation. Is there another coach available who can enhance our game style further?
I think Josh Francou changed the way we set up. He was really good with the mids when our rucks were not always the best. After next year will tell us how much influence Pyke has had. He will take up the job of CEO of the Eagles

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The onus is on Smith to prove when he took it. Presumably this requires corroboration (a risk for them esp if another player or dealer).

I guess he would also have to indicate how much he took.

His story would need to be consistent with the levels found in his urine, IE amount by time lapse by estimated purity of the coke.
I think this sort of thing probably shows us why footballers keep having photos taken of them with drugs end up leaking- it is smart to keep a record even with the leak risk.

I think this sort of thing probably shows us why footballers keep having photos taken of them with drugs end up leaking- it is smart to keep a record even with the leak risk.

Yikes. What a World.

Someone with "integrity" could start a business arranging photos and documentation and secure storage.

Father son rule to stay
NGA access to increase
only mention of northern academies was Twomey pointing out that the Suns have 4 players in the top 25
Mid season trade - yes

Everything Laura Kane spoke about was in the benefit of Vic based teams
AFL also wants (and has) the power to manipulate the competition so success is punished and failure is rewarded.
AFL wants teams to rise and fall very quickly

A competition that is manipulated to the point the AFL wants to do.. IS NOT A COMPETITION.. Its a Circus

How is it that the best the AFL (a multi billion dollar business) can do for an Executive General Manager of Football is Laura Kane who abysmally failed at her time with North?
This position has all the hallmarks of a Puppet.

No offence to any women intended - If Laura Kane was male, a First Australian, LGBTI or from any minority group,, My thoughts would be the same

PS.. Twomey did not mention the Swans once! Cleary not in his top 45

Has more in common with wrestling than a sports competition tbh

Just need to accept you're watching for entertainment
Yep. Thats exactly why I described it as a circus

really disappointing, and may well be enough to turn many away from watching.
Theres a part of me that knew Carlton were going to win the elimination final against us.. Theres a part of me that knew Collingwood was going to win against the Giants and Brisbane, and win the flag.
Not because Carlton and Collingwood were the better teams, but because thats what the AFL wanted

It's a game that has never been able to get umpiring right and has lost all intentions of a truly natural comp. It will continue to spiral into a curiosity and then the numbers drop and never return

And we're all left with Jason Dunstall and Jordan Lewis telling Melbourne Fox subscribers about the glory days whilst spruiking some d heads business and betting odds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a bitter twisted post , she will be good , no one can be any good at North ! why follow the comp if your so shitty on it .
The bolded is kinda sad though, don't you think?

It's not a good thing if people are being drawn away from a sport they love and it shouldn't have to be a case of 'get on board with the VFL renaissance happening in the sport right now or get lost.'

It's not a good thing if people are being drawn away from a sport they love and it shouldn't have to be a case of 'get on board with the VFL renaissance happening in the sport right now or get lost.'
It was not Kane saying anything , she really deserves a chance , i've hated the AFL , but am willing to give the new regime a chance , but things won't change in a short time . His slagging of Kane was unjustified , maybe should follow sokah

What a bitter twisted post , she will be good , no one can be any good at North ! why follow the comp if your so shitty on it .
Bitter twisted.. you looking in the mirror again!

I think equalisation of the competition is fantastic. The draft and Salary cap are both very strong equalisation policies. But they still allow hard work, smart work and good management to achieve sustained success.

Increasing access to NGAs - favours Vic teams who abused that system (JUH, Thomas etc)
Mid season trade period - favours Vic teams.. Harley has said this
Manipulating the competition so that teams, to quote Kane "Rise and Fall Quickly" results in success being punished and failure being rewarded
Kane was asked if a team can re-build through the draft. Kane basically said No. So teams with a 'come home factor' are favoured. Player movement is encouraged at every turn, so fantastic human traits such as loyalty are discouraged, and teams with the 'come home factor' are favoured

A heavily manipulated & compromised competition, is NOT a competition. And yes.. People will stop watching

A massive reason for my passionate support of the Swans Footy Club is their ability to be competitive year on year. In recent times, I watched through bottom 4 finishes in 2019 & 2020. We finished bottom 4 because our Salary cap didn't allow us to keep trading in players (just like the Hawks and now Tigers)
I enjoyed that period!
I enjoyed watching the draftees develop, I enjoyed watching the game plan develop.. And I especially enjoyed making finals in 2021 and the Granny in 2022. And doing so with a team that was nearly 100% comprised of players drafted and developed by the Swans.

I would hate to see teams rising and falling based on AFL policies rather than the work done at Clubland.

It was not Kane saying anything , she really deserves a chance , i've hated the AFL , but am willing to give the new regime a chance , but things won't change in a short time . His slagging of Kane was unjustified , maybe should follow sokah
Listen to what Kane said FFS!

and yep my 12 yo has now quit AFL and is playing Soccer (show some respect and spell it correctly).
The comp up here is too small - Hes not prepared to drive 40mins to train and up to 2hrs to a game. Soccer is 5mins to training and less than 30 mins to a game. Oh, and his Mum won't let him watch the Swans play because of the amount of gambling advertising. Fair enough.

and yep my 12 yo has now quit AFL and is playing Soccer (show some respect and spell it correctly).
The comp up here is too small - Hes not prepared to drive 40mins to train and up to 2hrs to a game. Soccer is 5mins to training and less than 30 mins to a game. Oh, and his Mum won't let him watch the Swans play because of the amount of gambling advertising. Fair enough.

AFL knows this truly yet signs a 99 year contract to host grand finals in one state

Clowns are playing themselves and ruined their shot at anything better

Eventually their end game will be to just milk Victorians and rent Marvel to the A league

Is this what the muppets were talking about when they said that were not ignoring the game in NSW?
My thoughts when reading the AFL planned having rd 1 in Sydney a week prior to the normal start date were..
I wonder how they players and coaches will like this? Will they enjoy the 24 round season (the longest its ever been) now become a 25 round season?
I wonder if the players and coaches will enjoy a bye in the early rounds somewhere, just as they are getting a role on?

I reckon if you asked the players, they would answer No to both.

ps. I didn't post this at the time as I was suspended for defending Swans supporters from a collingwood supporter who posted a tweet calling Swans Supporters 'GRUBS' for booing Ginnavin when he was cheating. Needless to say, Collingwood didn't like me reminding them of their treatment of Goodes.
I guess pointing out racism is Taboo. I should've leant this from how the AFL treated Goodes.

More and more I feel like if the Swans fold or quit the league for any reason I would give up on watching the sport

More and more I feel like if the Swans fold or quit the league for any reason I would give up on watching the sport

Same, I've never been interested in the sport outside of the swans.

If anything happened to the swans, I'd probably give up on Australian sports all together, especially after what happened to the Bears.

Yep. Thats exactly why I described it as a circus

really disappointing, and may well be enough to turn many away from watching.
Theres a part of me that knew Carlton were going to win the elimination final against us.. Theres a part of me that knew Collingwood was going to win against the Giants and Brisbane, and win the flag.
Not because Carlton and Collingwood were the better teams, but because thats what the AFL wanted
I knew that after the 2016 GF when we were whistled out of any chance of winning the flag that season.

The AFL is a glorified suburban Melbourne competition with a handful of interstate clubs to con people into thinking it's a national competition.

The game at the elite level is one big joke and is akin to basketball on grass.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The pity is that the Swans are anti gambling advertising but 7 and the AFL are pro.
My youngster (now 37!) was driven 20 mins to training at Wests and up to an hour for games in St George District in the 90's. Seems it's gotten worse, not better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back