2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 18 Australia v Pakistan 20/10 1900hrs @ M Chinnaswamy Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Pathetic Captain is Cummins , no feel for a game , his reviews are totally based on lack of judgment which says it all

We got all the reviews right today in the field not a fan as a captain but he wasn’t bad in that regard

Ha.

Mitch Starc has come in for a bollocking that's for sure.
He's been our best bowler and he could still win us this very match; that's just the way he rolls. If he gets it right, suddenly he is devastating.

I am inclined to view Glen Maxwell's dismissal without leniency; he should be smarter than that as a cricketer with his talent and experience. I'll reiterate though: if he can bowl another good spell with the ball, it will go a long way to mitigating his egregiousness with the bat earlier.

Steve Smith and Marnus Labuschagne's continued presence in the team is the substance of a more nuanced conversation than I am capable of conducting - I think Labuschagne looks hungrier and Smith looks more jaded at this stage of their respected careers.

I think Hazlewood's position should be monitored, but to be fair he has shown some real grit despite being well below his pomp.

None are hopeless at their sport. But it is a creaky team. Where's the next Shane Warne, Michael Slater, Ricky Ponting or Brett Lee? We're still relying on David Warner and Patty Cummins to get the job done, in multiple formats.
Patty Cummins. Spare me ,has not got the job done since he shafted JL. Spineless prima Donna

Patty Cummins. Spare me ,has not got the job done since he shafted JL. Spineless prima Donna

We haven’t lost a test series since Langer left and won the WTC

We got all the reviews right today in the field not a fan as a captain but he wasn’t bad in that regard
That’s fantastic, he gets 1 out of 3 reviews right , give me the option of the broken clock which is right twice a day , how has he been as bowler this tournament,? do tell me Bring Ellis in

That’s fantastic, he gets 1 out of 3 reviews right , give me the option of the broken clock which is right twice a day , how has he been as bowler this tournament,? do tell me Bring Ellis in

Ellis is injured for starters. He’d be in my side too but he’s injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously lots to still improve upon but will take a win any way they come.

Warner and Marsh finding form is great for us. Head can't come back fast enough so Marsh can strengthen the middle order. Most probably at Marnus's expense (or even Smith if his form stays this bad).

Zampa appears to have found a way out of his slump, which is excellent news, same with Hoff.

Stoinis bowled well but his batting is SUCH a concern. Middle order still a major issue.

The fielding is the biggest problem, however. That needs to sharpen up considerably if we're to make the semis.

Pace off for the bowlers delivers wickets on these pitches. Speed just vanishes over the fence. Explains why we can't get early wickets. Really need to think about the bowlers and their strategy.

From 0/250 with 15 to go we left about 30-50 runs behind. Definitely need something from.the middle order.

But good to get the result. In the mix again and reduced the run rate issue.

Watching the replay and DRS has gone down. Seems potentially unfair / unprofessional that you could play part of a match with full DRS and part of a match with partial DRS (e.g. no ball tracking).

Pace off for the bowlers delivers wickets on these pitches. Speed just vanishes over the fence. Explains why we can't get early wickets. Really need to think about the bowlers and their strategy.

From 0/250 with 15 to go we left about 30-50 runs behind. Definitely need something from.the middle order.

But good to get the result. In the mix again and reduced the run rate issue.
No one has really been able to get early wickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back