Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the AFL would ever consider promotion/ relegation, seeing it'd require a complete restructure on how clubs operate.

I do think American styled conferences is an inevitability, however. Especially as we're in a bit of a proto- phase now with schedule double ups.
Never understood why people don't want a conference system. Maybe even reviewed every 5 to 10 years for concerns of unfairness.

I'd rather know year on year who I'm playing than wait for the lottery

Never understood why people don't want a conference system. Maybe even reviewed every 5 to 10 years for concerns of unfairness.

They already floated it in the AFLW.

3 six team conferences, home and away against your conference, 1 game against others, alternate home and away for the others.

Of course AFL would put Richmond/Carlton/Bombers/Pies in 1 conference.

They already floated it in the AFLW.

3 six team conferences, home and away against your conference, 1 game against others, alternate home and away for the others.

Of course AFL would put Richmond/Carlton/Bombers/Pies in 1 conference.
Probably, but for me if I was the Bombers et al I wouldn't want that, just purely for trying to win.

It's an easy start for the AFL , the first 4 is set for each conference being the the 4 non Vic teams and then cut Melbourne how you want.

Or... it's a media beat up and nothing to see here.

It's a beat up, anyone who has played sport above social levels knows in the heat of the moment, things come out with some attitude and venom. There'd be no report on when Tex says later "sorry mate I over reacted ". I couldn't even count the amount of times I've had to yell at some up and coming local cricketer who thought he should get a bowl and I've been like "get stuffed junior, a couple more overs of me getting smashed around the park and I'll have this thing reversing".

Youngsters never see the bigger picture...

Yeah I think the conference system has legs. You could have two conferences of 9 or 3 of six. If you go the 2 route you could have a all star game of conf a v conf b.

Have looked through this thread trying to see if there had been any comments about the rumour that Burgess is pissed off at the club. Read the item on Facebook but was trying to find out if there is any truth in the story. I hope that its just bulls**t.

Have looked through this thread trying to see if there had been any comments about the rumour that Burgess is pissed off at the club. Read the item on Facebook but was trying to find out if there is any truth in the story. I hope that its just bulls**t.
The club generally has a knack of pissing off people of quality. I can't think of what he would be pissed off about if true. Maybe they aren't listening to him. Hopefully it's not true but all I know is that Roo and Nick's needs to go along with fixing our recruiting department. Maybe Goodwin can be reunited with Burgess at the crows.

Person who spilt the rumour appears dodgy to some folk on here who have dealt with him.

If you look at Burgess' career, he has never stayed at a place one second longer than he needed to if he felt his work was done or not appreciated, if the rumour had legs, Burgess would already be out the door.

Person who spilt the rumour appears dodgy to some folk on here who have dealt with him.

If you look at Burgess' career, he has never stayed at a place one second longer than he needed to if he felt his work was done or not appreciated, if the rumour had legs, Burgess would already be out the door.
We have dodgy rumour spreaders on BF? o_O

Yeah I think the conference system has legs. You could have two conferences of 9 or 3 of six. If you go the 2 route you could have a all star game of conf a v conf b.
I'm all for conference.

9 Vic sides in one, 9 other sides in the other. Play each team twice (Home and away) within own conference. Play each team once in other conference alternating home and away each year. Interstate rivalries still get 2 games a year. All the vic wank maqrue matches important to them still get two games a year. Vic media can stop pretending they aren't insular and just own it, with the thought that the other conference has a similarly focused outlook on their patch.

Work it like the NFL does where your playing to become champs of your conference, and then the two conference champs can play off in the grand final for the big one. Always 1 vic team and one non-vic (probably) team a chance (with Grand Final venue rotated around the country). Each conference selects it's own 'all australian' equivalent team, and then these teams can play off is a 'our conference is better that yours' SOO vibe...

whats not to like?

I mentioned in the game day thread Tex chatted to Rachele after he high fived the crowd after his goal

I opined that Tex may have said ' keep the celebrations down until we hot the front'' etc
Rachele was one of the very few players who was actually giving the side a lift... so I would hope we are not going to discourage him showing some passion for the game.

Given he came back here to be with his kids, it’s hardly likely he’s going to leave SA.
Which only leaves Port.
Urgggh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rachele was one of the very few players who was actually giving the side a lift... so I would hope we are not going to discourage him showing some passion for the game.
I don't think it's about discouraging passion, but A. making sure you acknowledge your team mates who set you up for the goals and B. making sure you keep your head in the game and don't get distracted.

I'm all for conference.

9 Vic sides in one, 9 other sides in the other. Play each team twice (Home and away) within own conference. Play each team once in other conference alternating home and away each year. Interstate rivalries still get 2 games a year. All the vic wank maqrue matches important to them still get two games a year. Vic media can stop pretending they aren't insular and just own it, with the thought that the other conference has a similarly focused outlook on their patch.

Work it like the NFL does where your playing to become champs of your conference, and then the two conference champs can play off in the grand final for the big one. Always 1 vic team and one non-vic (probably) team a chance (with Grand Final venue rotated around the country). Each conference selects it's own 'all australian' equivalent team, and then these teams can play off is a 'our conference is better that yours' SOO vibe...

whats not to like?
Non Vic umps for the non Vic conference would be ideal.

Kid is tracking to be the best player at our club since McLeod.

If we stifle that I'll be livid.

It's 2023, Idgaf if the kid showboats, is a figjam or loves tiktok, just give me a damn premiership!

Non Vic umps for the non Vic conference would be ideal.
What about the final. Which umpires do you think would be selected. Where would it be played I think the conferences should be mixed. Each conference has one SA, one WA. one Qld, one NSW and 5 Vics. Those conferences become set in stone. Each team in a conference plays each other twice (16weeks) plus they play the teams in the other conference Once (8weeks) Total of 24 minor round games. (if my maths is good) Better to have it mixed and not just the Vics in one conference. Their travel requirements would be a huge advantage because they would play 16 weeks as a minimum in their own state whilst the non vic teams would be doing the bulk of the travel. If this were to be a reality I would also like to see the Grand Final be rotated around the major grounds which would be MCG, AO, Optus, Gabba and SCG, or to pacify the Vics maybe a rotation the sees the MCG have the GF every second year.

What other current sport in SA could pay him the kind of money for his services he's getting in the AFL?
There is none. He would have to go interstate to the NRL or another AFL club. I can't see Powaa affording his wage unless he takes a pay cut. I think our priority needs be focused on the talent we get in the door and improving our development. Basically in short that means Roo, Reid, Ogilvie, Nick's needs to be moved on.

What about the final. Which umpires do you think would be selected. Where would it be played I think the conferences should be mixed. Each conference has one SA, one WA. one Qld, one NSW and 5 Vics. Those conferences become set in stone. Each team in a conference plays each other twice (16weeks) plus they play the teams in the other conference Once (8weeks) Total of 24 minor round games. (if my maths is good) Better to have it mixed and not just the Vics in one conference. Their travel requirements would be a huge advantage because they would play 16 weeks as a minimum in their own state whilst the non vic teams would be doing the bulk of the travel. If this were to be a reality I would also like to see the Grand Final be rotated around the major grounds which would be MCG, AO, Optus, Gabba and SCG, or to pacify the Vics maybe a rotation the sees the MCG have the GF every second year.
We already travel pretty much every second week, and the vic conference would still need to travel interstate 4-5 times each (when they play half the other conference home games) - most of them probably dont travel much more than that as it is - collingwood only travel 6 times FFS and one of them is the gather round against stkilda!

We already travel pretty much every second week, and the vic conference would still need to travel interstate 4-5 times each (when they play half the other conference home games) - most of them probably dont travel much more than that as it is - collingwood only travel 6 times FFS and one of them is the gather round against stkilda!
Your probably right. But I dont like the having a Vic conference be cause that would mean that every year a Vic team would be in the final.

So Crows Show interviewed Brennan Cox as a preview of upcoming match up with Freo ... hmmm. :think:

jmanullang-blogspot-com-scouttinfoilhat6-e2-jpg.566801

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back