List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
What's all this talk about Comben going back next year? Has someone mentioned this or is it just an assumption, as people assumed last year only for it not to happen?
Its Happening Mtv GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

If the Darling rumour is true, might give further weight to the Comben move to defence.

It might be on the cards regardless of the Darling rumour being true or not. He didn't seem a natural up forward but has good football traits.

Now that we have pick 3 in the bag, I wish the club would just come out and announce we are taking those picks to the draft.

Instead, I think it's more likely the club will end up selling the farm for pick 1.

In a draft filled with tall talent, this is about the stupidest thing we could do.

Jeez, what value would Darling have a 31 coming off some pretty average years? Could give him a go as a freebie if he wanted a fresh start but zero draft capital.

His draft capital isn't zero, it is negative.

I think him coming here would offset some of the cost of trading for pick 1. I don't mind it, because all of our other KPFs other than Larkey seem like a dud root. We delisted Edwards, Comben is rumoured to go to defence next year, even if we draft a KPF they often take years to get ready for AFL level.

1) We need experienced players who we know will deliver what we need. Our list manager was at West Coast for years so knows what darling is capable of.

2) We have significant salary cap room to play with, so taking on a salary dump here is an excellent use of our resources.

3) We have an All Australian KPF but just lost our KPD. We've got a talent key position player in Comben we'll be sending back to cover that hole, so need a good stopgap KPF for a year or two.

Any further questions before you scuttle back off to your own board?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) We need experienced players who we know will deliver what we need. Our list manager was at West Coast for years so knows what darling is capable of.

2) We have significant salary cap room to play with, so taking on a salary dump here is an excellent use of our resources.

3) We have an All Australian KPF but just lost our KPD. We've got a talent key position player in Comben we'll be sending back to cover that hole, so need a good stopgap KPF for a year or two.

Any further questions before you scuttle back off to your own board?

What's the point in having a stopgap KPF when we are not even developing one at the same time?

I really don't see any value in picking up Darling. I reckon he has 12 months of decent footy left.

If it makes pick 1 happen without having to send a third first rounder across that would be the value.

Now that we have pick 3 in the bag, I wish the club would just come out and announce we are taking those picks to the draft.

Instead, I think it's more likely the club will end up selling the farm for pick 1.

In a draft filled with tall talent, this is about the stupidest thing we could do.

Give credit to those that know and have watched these kids since day dot! We see snippets.... I'm sure we would be all over Walter if we could be obviously can't....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I really don't see any value in picking up Darling. I reckon he has 12 months of decent footy left.

Maybe we only want him for 12 months before we go after a ready made KPF?

AFL Trades 2023: North Melbourne rumoured to be interested in West Coast Eagles forward Jack Darling​

Jake Santa Maria The West Australian
Mon, 9 October 2023 4:09PM

Jack Darling,  of the West Coast Eagles. 2023 AFL Round 20 West Coast Eagles v North Melbourne Kangaroos at Optus Stadium, Perth.
Jack Darling, of the West Coast Eagles. 2023 AFL Round 20 West Coast Eagles v North Melbourne Kangaroos at Optus Stadium, Perth. Credit: Danella Bevis/The West Australian

Jack Darling could be on the trade table as part of a deal with North Melbourne to split the coveted No.1 pick.
West Coast’s biggest decision heading into the trade period is whether or not they would stick or split their first selection and essentially give up Harley Reid.
According to discussion on AFL Trade Radio, North Melbourne has shown interest in the Eagles’ maligned spearhead.
Last week West Coast list boss Rohan O’Brien said it would take an extraordinary offer to entertain giving away the pick a position he re-affirmed on Monday.
“We haven’t actually put a price on it because we feel like if we do that the perception is that we’ve got an appetite to trade it,” he said. “We’ll just wait and see what happens, and if someone gives us something that makes us turn our head we’ll consider it then.”
RECAP: Freo respond to trade request, Schultz ‘required’
West Coast split their top pick last year, trading the No.2 selection in return for No.8 and No.12.
“This time last year we didn’t think we were going to do that but things evolved and we thought it was the best option,” O’Brien said.
“That’s why we’re keeping an open mind at the moment.”
Realistically North Melbourne is the only club with a draft hand remotely strong enough to entertain getting pick No.1 off the Eagles.
Currently, they possess picks 2, 14, 20, 42, 54, 62, and 79 and are expected to get pick No.3 as compensation for Ben McKay.

Darling could be a useful companion to All-Australian Nick Larkey.

Darling could be a useful companion to All-Australian Nick Larkey. Credit: Quinn Rooney/Getty Images

Any move for pick No.1 would likely see picks two and three head to the Eagles and a smattering of other picks with North Melbourne reportedly looking at also getting Jack Darling in return.
Darling has been below his best in recent seasons and could provide valuable forward-line experience alongside Nick Larkey as well as another tall option.
However, there have been no formal offers put forward and it would be hard to see the Eagles depart with their 500-goal star amidst the retirement of several other veterans in Luke Shuey, Shannon Hurn and Nic Naitanui earlier this season.
Jake seems to have spent too much time sniffing glue.

We have 4 x 1st rounders, just take them to the draft and get our team needs sorted.

If the Eagles are so desperate to take a West Australian, they can do that with the no.1 pick.

Bingo
i dont know the resulting length of his contract but if its 1 year its a no brainier, 2 years makes it a little longer to carry him but you could also pay him out his contract early if spots were tight, assuming we dont go blowing our salary cap of course but cant see that happening in a hurry unless we completely stuff it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back