List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Davies-Uniacke (North Melbourne)

Contracted until 2025, but has had to endure a lot of losing at the Kangaroos. Supremely talented, the Crows know exactly what Davies-Uniacke can do after he delivered one of his best games with 37 disposals, 11 clearances and a goal against them in 2022. Davies-Uniacke has also been strongly linked to St Kilda and Essendon but Adelaide seems likely to be in the running.

Contracted until 2025, but has had to endure a lot of losing at the Kangaroos. Supremely talented, the Crows know exactly what Davies-Uniacke can do after he delivered one of his best games with 37 disposals, 11 clearances and a goal against them in 2022. Davies-Uniacke has also been strongly linked to St Kilda and Essendon but Adelaide seems likely to be in the running.

If I'm LDU that's exactly where I'm going. Still going to be number 1 hit-to, but has some very good defensive players covering his deficiencies, and the side is weak enough not to put too much scrutiny on those deficiencies.

He looks atrocious in that jumper 🤮

Lobb ... christ almighty.

I wouldn't think so, BUT.....

TIGERS SKIPPER TO SIGN ON

RICHMOND captain Toby Nankervis is closing in on a new two-year deal with the Tigers.

Nankervis, who was due to become an unrestricted free agent, has been heading towards a contract extension that will take him through to the end of 2026 with Richmond.

The former Swan took on sole captaincy this year of the Tigers after sharing it last year with Dylan Grimes, with his new deal set to see him at Punt Road until he is 32.

The aggressive ruckman has played 131 games for the club since being a shrewd pick-up at the end of 2016 and then steering the Richmond midfield in its 2017, 2019-20 premiership triumphs.

Dustin Martin, Jack Graham, Dion Prestia and Kamdyn McIntosh are among Richmond's other free agents this season who remain unsigned beyond 2024. – Callum Twomey

Mentioned eight days ago in the LDU thread that St Kilda weren't the only ones interested in Luke and that Collingwood and Adelaide are sniffing around only to be told that I was making it up, now Adelaide officially interested, well blow me down what a big surprise!
Sarcastic Big Deal GIF by CBS

Taranto only makes sense if you ban him from kicking. The dude makes some our most suspect players over the last 20 years look like Darren Jarman.
Agree.
He's a very contested mid though so that does effect disposal efficiency a bit. He probably is exactly what we need for a year or two though a bigger body with good training standards.
He could teach our kids a heap.

Do we know anything about his training standards?
I've got a mate who's well informed from inside gws. He's a great clubman with excellent standards. I can only assume he's still the same.
I'm not 100% sold on the idea myself but he would make us better for certain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What sort of financial mess have the Tigers got themselves in if they are thinking of offloading TT after 2 years, he was voted their BNF last year.
This story doesn't make sense, I doubt he'd leave to come to us, he'd have the pick of where he wants to go to.
And the tigers would be asking for pick 1
While they will upset a few sides this year, their gamble bringing Hopper and Taranto has failed pretty badly. If there is a shred of truth to this rumour, they realise they need to shed some stars, do 2 years near the bottom so they can bounce up with elite talent and enough time to utilise players like Bolton while he is still around.

Taranto could possibly be a worse kick than Simpkin.
I get the attraction but he does have his limitations
He in not an AFL kick. It’s just simply awful the outcome of 80% of his kicks.

He is a decent shot for goal however.

Xerri Taranto LDU Wardlaw definitely has a defensive edge to it that would help with the flow on effects of our current defensive inadequacies.

He in not an AFL kick. It’s just simply awful the outcome of 80% of his kicks.

He is a decent shot for goal however.

Xerri Taranto LDU Wardlaw definitely has a defensive edge to it that would help with the flow on effects of our current defensive inadequacies.
I worry what the price would be.
He's not worth pick 1 but he's worth more than our second rounder

I can't really see us sliding back from pick 1 at this point. No assets looking that great with other teams just yet. Perhaps Freo could make something happen. I doubt a top 4 team would give up an F1.

Freo 10, 12, 13, 25 - Too far back in the order as they sit. Can they move up?
GC 8, 9, 20 (academy bids) - Too far back. They'll want F1's. Already got 3 x 2nd rounders this year.
Lions pick 6 (Ashcroft F/S) - Pick won't be that low. They'd want an F1 and 2nd rounder(s) this year for points.
Crows pick 7 (Tyler Welsh F/S bid) - I suspect F1 or trade for an established player and points (Lukosius/Petty?)
Does a top 4 team give up their top 4 pick and F1? That would be two top 5 picks. Crazy.

While they will upset a few sides this year, their gamble bringing Hopper and Taranto has failed pretty badly. If there is a shred of truth to this rumour, they realise they need to shed some stars, do 2 years near the bottom so they can bounce up with elite talent and enough time to utilise players like Bolton while he is still around.
Both Taranto and Hopper are young thou, they could burn a season or two and those guys would be 28ish when they go again.

Not going to be a popular stance but Taranto is one of my favourite players in the comp. Exceptional stoppage player, elite work rate/tank and provides excellent defensive pressure. Big body, 26 years of age and we can absorb his contract. Also handy forward of the ball.

My biggest issue is what it means RE: midfield time for our best young players. Wardlaw, LDU, Powell, Smillie, Phillips all do their best work as midfielders. Guys like Duursma, Zurhaar, PC and Sheezel are handy rolling through the middle from time to time. I think it only makes sense if we're conceding that a midfield full timer like LDU leaves and someone like Powell is not the answer in the middle. I'd still prefer to see Sheezel play most of his footy as a half forward as he did in his junior days, so that frees up some potential midfield time for someone else.

Anyway it makes a lot of sense - whether it's a good move depends on the price I suppose.

He is a horrible kick. I would rather save the money and picks and put Simpkin back in the midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I worry what the price would be.
He's not worth pick 1 but he's worth more than our second rounder
In: Taranto, Pick 2
Out: the majority of his tiger’s contract, pick 1, pick 19.

Difference between 1+2 pick 37.
37+19=pick 9.

We would probably be paying overs as we would be taking a lot of money off their books.

Of course this only works if we know we can get the player we want at 1 or 2. That seems unlikely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back