Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Joel Smith tested positive after pi$$ing warm directly after the rd23 game against us which they won by 20 or so points in which he kicked 2 decisive goals.

Very true. He did put the game out of reach for us and actually played quite well

Carlton the big losers for the trade period you’d think, thought they were getting a bargain with Elijah Hollands as did everyone else . He was mentioned here a few times too .

Apparently they've been aware of it for a few weeks and traded for him anyway.

Just a thought. With the trading out of next years picks to get the deals done leaving us with our first but not much else next year - are we positioning ourselves to be able to purchase picks with our strong $$ available.
Could be one part of the strategy expecting that to be available next year as well as targeting free agents.

Just a thought. With the trading out of next years picks to get the deals done leaving us with our first but not much else next year - are we positioning ourselves to be able to purchase picks with our strong $$ available.
Could be one part of the strategy expecting that to be available next year as well as targeting free agents.
Unless there’s Talls in the draft(not looking likely) we’re going to more interested in getting picks to trade with.

Bailey Smith will be on the tip of everyone’s tongues for 2024 and of course JUH, which at this stage looks like more of a pipe dream.

Unless there’s Talls in the draft(not looking likely) we’re going to more interested in getting picks to trade with.

Bailey Smith will be on the tip of everyone’s tongues for 2024 and of course JUH, which at this stage looks like more of a pipe dream.

Yes totally agree. Not saying getting picks in just to go to the draft. Just to use and strengthen our hand in general to target trade or drafting.
At the moment our 2024 hand isn’t strong apart from our first.

Yes totally agree. Not saying getting picks in just to go to the draft. Just to use and strengthen our hand in general to target trade or drafting.
At the moment our 2024 hand isn’t strong apart from our first.
With talk of pick purchasing taking place, things could change quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 6 and F1 being thrown around. Surprised if we took that but North might.

Depends who our target is, but I agree I don’t think we would take it.

We’re currently certain to get one of McKercher, Duursma, or Watson. None make it to 6, we’re not going to take Curtin with McCabe already locked in. Too similar.

Can't wait for mid season trading and the waiver wire !

I Hope Please GIF

If Melbourne want into the top 6 standout prospects so badly would they do 6, 11 and a F1 for 4? We can then on trade 11 for something into the future if a McCabe bid comes early. Otherwise I’d stay away from 11 annd trading with Melbourne all together if we have legit concerns of a bid coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back