2023 young talent time

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I've seen it mentioned on here yet, there's some talk we might be looking at placing a late bid on Harvey Thomas - a 176cm small forward/midfielder from the GWS Academy. He fits what we tend to look for - good decision making, neat ball user. He's more shifty than fast, also pretty small at only around 70kg. But one to look out for if we don't go small early.

If Curtin slid to Geelongs pick (I personally dont think he gets past Hawthorn tbh) I would give two firsts to get him. would probably be our F1 and Collingwoods.

If Curtin slid to Geelongs pick (I personally dont think he gets past Hawthorn tbh) I would give two firsts to get him. would probably be our F1 and Collingwoods.
West Coast it seems has a deal lined up with GWS. By then we are at pick 9.

Melbourne would be best bet. They also have pick 11 (which will be 13). Two F1’s might well tempt with them still having another decent first round pick.

All a bit odd however seeing that was our pick in the beginning.

Watch for Melbourne to pull a Carlton. Bid on Ethan Read to buy time and start negotiating with Freo and WC.

If we give up our F1 I’d be asking for F2 back.

8, F2 > F1 (Freo), F1 (Collingwood) > Curtin

The pick that Collingwood offered us in this years draft appears perfect to snag Collard, as confirmed by Fox’s phantom draft.. strange, if we want him, that we would have asked for their future 1st instead, which always means paying overs for getting back into this year. Was it just because of projected value? (less compromised from academy, f/s bids etc, potential slide of this years premier) Or, do we think that we have something else in mind for this year? Or all for next year?

The pick that Collingwood offered us in this years draft appears perfect to snag Collard, as confirmed by Fox’s phantom draft.. strange, if we want him, that we would have asked for their future 1st instead, which always means paying overs for getting back into this year. Was it just because of projected value? (less compromised from academy, f/s bids etc, potential slide of this years premier) Or, do we think that we have something else in mind for this year? Or all for next year?

Lance Collard to me looks the sort who we will be waiting for his name to be called out, but he keeps going, keeps sliding.

We trade for a pick in the teens and here we go, here comes Collard, pass on him to pick a half back flanker from WA - Board goes mad. WC pick coming up, surely they take Collard - they pick the power mid/fwd in Tholstrup and the board looks forward down the line to see where the next pick is for both teams.

It's possible that both of the highest rated NGA talents for the WA teams fall in the range between WC's second and third pick (#23 to #37)

Either we are not gonna make any plays involving future 1st picks this year or we are trying to get a pick in the top 10. Only thing that makes sense, I don't see us trading up for Collard.

West Coast it seems has a deal lined up with GWS. By then we are at pick 9.

Melbourne would be best bet. They also have pick 11 (which will be 13). Two F1’s might well tempt with them still having another decent first round pick.

All a bit odd however seeing that was our pick in the beginning.

Watch for Melbourne to pull a Carlton. Bid on Ethan Read to buy time and start negotiating with Freo and WC.

If we give up our F1 I’d be asking for F2 back.

8, F2 > F1 (Freo), F1 (Collingwood) > Curtin

Yeah true, Melbourne would probably be the better option. Eagles will find it hard to make a deal with them considering the dees have a hard on for pick one.

Would take that deal. I don’t think we’ll do it though

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The further he slides the worse trading two first rounders sounds.

If he slides to pick 8 I'd be somewhat comfortable trading either our first rounder or the 2 crappier ones.

ZZ 196cm which is only a couple of cms short of Sam Taylor, might be a good defensive option down the track as a key defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twomeys Phantom which has us showing interest in Thomas, Logan Morris, Cooper Simpson, Mannagh and Zaloketopotrevsky.

Also said we will cut a deal with GCS to get pick 38.

Morris seems like a likely sort - third tall type that can play at both ends.

Not much fun this year when we have no first rounders, Oh well bring on the 2024 draft.

I have absolutely no doubt that Walls will blindside us all by picking a kid no one has ever heard of.

Twomeys Phantom which has us showing interest in Thomas, Logan Morris, Cooper Simpson, Mannagh and Zaloketopotrevsky.

Also said we will cut a deal with GCS to get pick 38.

Morris seems like a likely sort - third tall type that can play at both ends.

Not much fun this year when we have no first rounders, Oh well bring on the 2024 draft.

I have absolutely no doubt that Walls will blindside us all by picking a kid no one has ever heard of.
He also says we may look at Patrick Voss as a train on player during the SSP period, sometimes I think he is just guessing with freo news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back