2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Dimma is in Bolton's ear already. A season of getting flogged with more on the horizon and he might just decide a move is a good thing.

The Sun's have plenty of picks, and Richmond need as many firsts as they can get for a rebuild. Salary might be an issue though.
It would be an awesome get but just can't see the cap stretching that far. Think our big fish are already at the club and it's more about keeping them together than adding more. An ageing dusty for a couple years looks more likely and other than that a skilful wingman would be nice.
Moyle is great depth but surely he takes an offer elsewhere at the end of the year, read and Andrew could be the most dynamic ruck duo in the comp after witts is done.
The worry is though that clubs will know our cap is tight and does someone get an offer too good to refuse, Mac Andrew the one to watch there I think.

It would be an awesome get but just can't see the cap stretching that far. Think our big fish are already at the club and it's more about keeping them together than adding more. An ageing dusty for a couple years looks more likely and other than that a skilful wingman would be nice.
Moyle is great depth but surely he takes an offer elsewhere at the end of the year, read and Andrew could be the most dynamic ruck duo in the comp after witts is done.
The worry is though that clubs will know our cap is tight and does someone get an offer too good to refuse, Mac Andrew the one to watch there I think.
Yeah agree with that.

Moyle will go. Maybe Andrew, it's inevitable players leave. Just need to get a good price for them.

Outside class and an upgrade on Collins would be my priority.

Jackson Payne dropped. I would be getting in his ear right now. He was too good to be playing 2s. Perfect Collins replacement
Collins will turn 30 this year so it's certainly something we'll have to start thinking about soon. I've occasionally thought Collins' height (194cm) could be costing us in the one-on-one contests, where as Payne's bigger 197cm 101kg frame should be able to compete with any power forward in the league. Payne is also in the right age demographic for us. Turns 25 later this year which is the same age as Powell and Ballard. We'd get at least five good years out of him while he's in his physical prime and that's essentially the window in which we'd be expected to be competing for premierships. Would probably also be an easier transition for him to move an hour down the M1 like (T.Berry) instead of going interstate.

All in all, I think Payne would be a very good acquisition for us later this year.

Collins will turn 30 this year so it's certainly something we'll have to start thinking about soon. I've occasionally thought Collins' height (194cm) could be costing us in the one-on-one contests, where as Payne's bigger 197cm 101kg frame should be able to compete with any power forward in the league. Payne is also in the right age demographic for us. Turns 25 later this year which is the same age as Powell and Ballard. We'd get at least five good years out of him while he's in his physical prime and that's essentially the window in which we'd be expected to be competing for premierships. Would probably also be an easier transition for him to move an hour down the M1 like (T.Berry) instead of going interstate.

All in all, I think Payne would be a very good acquisition for us later this year.
Only problem is Paynes contracted till 2029 😅
But yes I agree, he would be the perfect replacement. Collins as much as I love him try's to play off the back shoulder too much and zone off and just gets cooked in 1v1s because he isn't fast enough to get back in front, or tall and athletic enough to get back over the top against a forward. Payne wouldn't have the same issues.

So you can afford a 33 yr old Dusty on almost a million a year but not a 25yr old Bolton? Interesting

So you can afford a 33 yr old Dusty on almost a million a year but not a 25yr old Bolton? Interesting
Surely, we would not offer 1M to Dusty this off-season. That would be insane.

400K take it or leave it :) or you can ride into sunset with that now crappy Tigers team. OK, my last offer is 500K (so we boost crowd numbers).

Dusty would be well below a mil for 1 or 2 years, bolton upwards of a mil x 6 years atleast. Fair bit of difference especially considering players like walter and Read will demand much bigger salaries next contract. Dusty also free in terms of draft picks, bolton 2 x first rounders. Hey if they can make it work I'm all for it just not sure they could.

After a good performance we can probably expect a ben ainsworth re-signing this week. Atleast I hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who do we want with the bulldogs pick 2? Jagga Smith?

So who do we want with the bulldogs pick 2? Jagga Smith?
Even more incentive to beat the Dogs this Saturday! Would be great if that Bulldogs' pick could stay below the predicted bid for Lombard (currently in the 8-12 range) because then we should be able to add two more top 10 picks to our already talent stacked list.

Even more incentive to beat the Dogs this Saturday! Would be great if that Bulldogs' pick could stay below the predicted bid for Lombard (currently in the 8-12 range) because then we should be able to add two more top 10 picks to our already talent stacked list.

If it were pick 2 Cameron would probably look towards splitting the pick

Interesting seeing On the Couch...Rowell and Anderson free agents in the year the Tassie team comes into the comp.

Whatever happens they will be getting paid overs for whatever they are actually worth no matter how good they become.

Interesting seeing On the Couch...Rowell and Anderson free agents in the year the Tassie team comes into the comp.

Whatever happens they will be getting paid overs for whatever they are actually worth no matter how good they become.

They will be the only club that can afford to take them as a pair. But I doubt they would want to go from an expansion club to another expansion club. I think we’re good here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would have to be massive coin to get them to Tassie you'd think. Could see (and understand) them wanting to play at a Melbourne club (big crowds etc). Imagine moving to Tassie after a decade on the Gold Coast ❄️

Who says no?
Suns or Dogs?

Would be hard to find a role for him. Too small to play defence, ideally he would suit the Weller covid midfield role but not sure on his secondary role for us, as he's more skill based over pressure

Would be hard to find a role for him. Too small to play defence, ideally he would suit the Weller covid midfield role but not sure on his secondary role for us, as he's more skill based over pressure
too small to play defence.. you sure you seen him play? His height does not affect how he can set up the play from half back. Really skilled ball user. Can cut you can half off the half back line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back