2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

too small to play defence.. you sure you seen him play? His height does not affect how he can set up the play from half back. Really skilled ball user. Can cut you can half off the half back line.
He got kicked out the backline for not being able to 1 on 1 defend, moved midfield & forward to stay in the team and now he can't get a game. Either Bevo's smoking crack which is possible or Daniel doesn't suit the modern gameplans.

I wouldn't be backing Daniel to lock down Rachele or Rankine

He got kicked out the backline for not being able to 1 on 1 defend, moved midfield & forward to stay in the team and now he can't get a game. Either Bevo's smoking crack which is possible or Daniel doesn't suit the modern gameplans.

Not a lockdown defender, but one that sets off the attack from half back. He was elite a couple years ago, whether different game plan doesnt suit him, I'm not sure what it is.

Not a lockdown defender, but one that sets off the attack from half back. He was elite a couple years ago, whether different game plan doesnt suit him, I'm not sure what it is.
Yeah well i named those 2 because everyone else is 15cm+ taller than him. Good ball user no doubt, i would prefer someone in Short/Houston profile for more versatility

Daniel got moved out of the backline because clubs started targeting him as a defender. He might be able to do some set up going back the other way but he is completely redundant as a defender, and is supposedly one of the highest paid half backs in the league. Absolutely no thanks.

Wouldn’t be backing anyone on our side to lock down either of them too

Id say so, unfortunately it's how the ruck merry go round works. Witts is a pretty hard man to get a game over.
Not really a disaster list wise. Can easily trade for another ruck when Witts is done (assuming neither Andrew or Read become genuine rucks).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t go wrong when you think the guy at the helm gave up Bowes and pick 7 in a salary dump, just because it has never been done before or since doesn’t mean it wasn’t genius 😉
How do you think that would have gone if we didn't do that deal? We needed to get rid of bowes contract, cause he is mid and was on a dime, the cost of that was pick 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back