2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If the selectors are on the money nank must be the first cab off the rank for selection next week. He was a class above today. His ability to change direction and turn defence to attack was in high evidence
who do you think, injuries aside, gets a gig this year first

Dowling or Taylor ?

who do you think, injuries aside, gets a gig this year first

Dowling or Taylor ?
Maybe Billy but at this stage both are not close. Taylor needs to use the ball better than he has in recent weeks which is weird because that has been his one wood. Billy has to get more of his own ball and start dominating games more at SANFL level to get over players like sholl jones etc

No we can't. We have to be seen to be trying to win games. This means we are limited to what we can and can't do with development. Not sure why you are chasing me with this when the club has actually said this and so has port adelaide.

There’s no truth to this, and no restrictions on where we play people or the positions in which we choose to deploy them

You’d hope Dowling and Taylor could reach a level of AFL capability this year, too. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Edwards get a few games

I actually forgot about Dowling my bad.

Very undecided on hear. Suggested Caleb Daniel in the List Management Thread and people are still convinced he doesnt have a palce at AFL level and is exposed in the 6-6-6 system.

Bloke was the half time Norm Smith Medallist in the Dees vs Dogs GF, so I would beg to differ. Not saying you specifically, but yeah some people have some high hopes on Taylor still (im still less than convinced) and yet some here think Caleb doesnt have a role at AFL level for being too small.

But yes agreed, Dowling is one player I did forget about on the depth chart. Still though, his trajectory was looking good as a first year player, but he has stalled a tad. A huge engine and good marking game makes him suitable for the modern winger, still a little bit unsure on the consistency of his kicking/foot skills so far.

19 Player named so im assuming a few emergencies from AFL drop in. Can make a team of 22 from

F HAYSMAN MURRAY WELSH
HF COOK GOLLANT BOYLE
C CURTIN EDWARDS NANKERVIS
HB SHOLL HIMMELBERG RYAN
B MADGEN BORLASE HAMILL
R STRACHAN TAYLOR DOWLING
I GALLAGHER CLIFFORD SMITHSON O'LEARY

Last edited:
Murray has been a Forward/Ruck coming through the U18's at the Bushies so if the experiment isn't over it would likely be the case.
Updated

F HAYSMAN MURRAY WELSH
HF COOK GOLLANT BOYLE
C CURTIN EDWARDS NANKERVIS
HB SHOLL HIMMELBERG RYAN
B MADGEN BORLASE HAMILL
R STRACHAN TAYLOR DOWLING
I GALLAGHER CLIFFORD SMITHSON O'LEARY

Some interesting players for the Eagles too top draft prospect Kade Herbert, Charlie West one of very few decent Key Tall Forward prospects in this draft and former Giants listed defender Cam Fleeton.

EAGLES
(1) Luke McKay, (2) Zac Buck, (3) Kade Herbert, (4) Cameron Fleeton, (5) Adam D’Aloia, (8) Will Neumann, (10) Connor Ballenden, (17) Patrick Weckert, (18) Luke Beecken, (19) Bailey Hann, (23) Sam Nicholls, (24) Sam Rowland, (26) Josh Mawson, (28) Jordan Moore, (31) Charlie West, (32) Ryan Bruce, (37) Nathan Barkla, (39) Jack Firns, (40) Brody Mair, (43) Noah Angove, (44) Callum Fairall, (51) Max Lister, (62) Griffyn Hansen
The Eagles fielding a lot of reserve players from the look of it. Resting players for Rd 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back