Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wagner out for close to two months is going to be one that hurts, we could really use his run, at least Darcy is only a month long injury though.

Oh well, time for other blokes to use this as a chance to step up.

sad for Wagner but wonder if that pushes momentum for the Cooper to HF, Swit to HB switch with Walker a bit underdone and Chappy down and then winging it anyway?

Longest injury list at the start of the season... After a 2 year hiatus, normality has returned.
Remove the 3 tests and the two who are in the inactive list and it doesn’t look too bad. Not sure why they list Corbett and Kuek when we’ve already replaced one with Voss and are holding the other open for MSD.

Remove the 3 tests and the two who are in the inactive list and it doesn’t look too bad. Not sure why they list Corbett and Kuek when we’ve already replaced one with Voss and are holding the other open for MSD.
Agree it looks worse than it actually is, club probably HAS to include Corbett and Kuek but they should be ignored

sad for Wagner but wonder if that pushes momentum for the Cooper to HF, Swit to HB switch with Walker a bit underdone and Chappy down and then winging it anyway?
I think Chappy is out with an injury too? Another 4 weeks?
Also I don't think we can afford to lose Switta's drive at half forward / midfield.

Plus you know this just means the return to round 1 for yet another year for old mate Ethan Whughesie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Chappy is out with an injury too? Another 4 weeks?
Also I don't think we can afford to lose Switta's drive at half forward / midfield.

Plus you know this just means the return to round 1 for yet another year for old mate Ethan Whughesie
probs. just not sure that work up forward isn't replaceable and the other skills aren't useful elsewhere. 0.6 goals/game with highest score 2 goals in 68 games, 0.66 in goal assists, 0.54 marks inside 50/game, 2.65 Inside 50s. No forward-specific category stands out as elite except maybe tackling but if your specialty in the forward line is largely tackling, then we are down a scoring forward.

BUT, his super speed, high footy IQ, good assessment of risk, solid kick, and great pressure and high tackle numbers 4.1/game could be quite useful lining up on a small crafty forward and then choosing good options through kick or run to rebound from 50?

Alternative to Hughes, and gets Cooper in (winning)

With recent developments I don't think it's a bad thing for concussions to be listed as TBA tbh.

I'd rather TBA than the BS we pulled with Bennell a few years ago. If you don't know don't lie.

Brings back bad memories that one ! That went on and on and on...

Yeah, as others have said, this is bs. We're missing two B22 players.
Kuek and Corbett don't count and neither do the tests.
Also I wouldn’t expect NOD to be on the list too long. They drained his knee, which the media reported as surgery. More a minor procedure if that. I had a heap of fluid and blood drained from my elbow and I called it a procedure and my wife told me to get a grip. NOD will be right pretty soon I reckon. They have listed TBC but it is a bit of unknown.

Yeah, as others have said, this is bs. We're missing two B22 players.
Kuek and Corbett don't count and neither do the tests.

Outside of those two there’s one player not due back in under a month too.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see both TBAs available by round three too. Would be surprised to see Frederick or Cox not play this week - they’ll probably give Murphy another week rather than play him in a pointless WAFL pre season game too I reckon.

Freddy does worry me, how many times over the past couple years has he played and been hampered or played and reinjured

He seems to be a player that drops down a level when playing hampered

Freddy does worry me, how many times over the past couple years has he played and been hampered or played and reinjured

He seems to be a player that drops down a level when playing hampered

He relies heavily on his athletic abilities. Wouldn’t be signing him to a long term contract that’s for sure. Will most likely be washed at 30.

Also I wouldn’t expect NOD to be on the list too long. They drained his knee, which the media reported as surgery. More a minor procedure if that. I had a heap of fluid and blood drained from my elbow and I called it a procedure and my wife told me to get a grip. NOD will be right pretty soon I reckon. They have listed TBC but it is a bit of unknown.

Depends what’s causing the fluid build up doesn’t it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back