Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just reading about a new study for ACL injuries where a special brace designed to keep the ends of the ligament adjacent was fitted for some weeks; turns out it heals back together. So we may have a new protocol soon, at least for us mugs.
Yeah.

This is what I was getting at Taylor.

I may be recalling incorrectly but I believe something like up to 90% of ACL tears in particular studies heal on their own.

Yeah.

I may be recalling incorrectly but I believe something like up to 90% of ACL tears in particular studies heal on their own.
Depends on your sport too; one of the ice hockey players for the Montreal Canadiens played 6 years professionally with a torn ACL before injuring the knee again and getting it repaired.

Yeah.

I believe it’s much lower than 90%, but leads to better outcomes and lower re-injury rate - kicker is that it takes longer and some individuals do not adequately heal

On the other side of the ledger ACL surgery is very improved now with the improvement of tightrope/dog bone style prostheses, different sport but top level soccer in Europe is around a 6 month recovery time for return to play regardless of age nowadays

McDonald is medium to long term, still not sure if ACL is ok or not. (I think this is a minimum 8+ week injury, and could be season, he did not give much away. )
Need to make sure players are ready. Don't want to through people to the wolves (In regards to Draper)

Walker is ready physically.

Young likely to stay in the midfield. Wants to get the midfield right, as it helps everywhere else.

Balance forward with 3 talls, is good. Will more than likely keep it.

McDonald is medium to long term, still not sure if ACL is ok or not. (I think this is a minimum 8+ week injury, and could be season, he did not give much away. )
Need to make sure players are ready. Don't want to through people to the wolves (In regards to Draper)

Walker is ready physically.

Young likely to stay in the midfield. Wants to get the midfield right, as it helps everywhere else.

Balance forward with 3 talls, is good. Will more than likely keep it.

sounds like no replacement for OMac, Walker in, and either Voss or Tabs

Can we add cox and McDonald to the long term injury list and have extra picks in the mid season draft ? I guess it’s possible either one or two of them will be back mid season but just a hypothetical

Can we add cox and McDonald to the long term injury list and have extra picks in the mid season draft ? I guess it’s possible either one or two of them will be back mid season but just a hypothetical
Doubt it. We already have one spot left and there’ll be list management issues if we keep drafting players while others are on the LTI list. Cox could be back after the bye too. McDonald will be longer term but I don’t see a massive need to draft a replacement if Cox is set to be back by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a news article that shows Clark with strapping to his calf & watching training. Not much detail with it. Hopefully just a corky they’re managing.
Sorry paywalled, I’m sure someone will access it.

There is a news article that shows Clark with strapping to his calf & watching training. Not much detail with it. Hopefully just a corky they’re managing.
Sorry paywalled, I’m sure someone will access it.

He’s fine

Surely if the source literally says he's being managed through training, not that he's going to miss games through injury, we say that on this thread?

Why say he's injured, then point to information that doesn't say that?

He’s fine
creep pervert GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back