Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

OLLIE LORD is set to make his return to football this weekend after re-joining full training over the last fortnight.

Key defender Aliir Aliir is expected to exit concussion protocols on Wednesday, while young tall Tom McCallum has been removed from the injury list after recovering from an ankle issue.

Injury list
Aliir Aliir (concussion protocols) - test
Mitch Georgiades (knee) - test
Connor Rozee (hamstring) - 1-2 weeks
Lachie Jones (hamstring) - 1-2 weeks
Trent McKenzie (quad) - 1-2 weeks
Quinton Narkle (foot) - 2-4 weeks
Ivan Soldo (knee) - 3-4 weeks
Hugh Jackson (hip) - 5-7 weeks
Sam Powell-Pepper (knee) - season

OLLIE LORD is set to make his return to football this weekend after re-joining full training over the last fortnight.

Key defender Aliir Aliir is expected to exit concussion protocols on Wednesday, while young tall Tom McCallum has been removed from the injury list after recovering from an ankle issue.

Injury list
im happy lord is back

Injury list
And I thought Tom McCallum had disappeared into the Drew Vortex.

Come on buddy, time to show 'em why you were the pre-season Brownlow smoky!

And I thought Tom McCallum had disappeared into the Drew Vortex.

Come on buddy, time to show 'em why you were the pre-season Brownlow smoky!

Where is his best position ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

when a knee gets knocked it ussaly results in hyperextension, we havent seen the footage so we cant determine the degree of impact on George's knee, if it was low impact a knee hyperextion wouldnt occur or a very mlid one which would result in minor strain to internal ligaments (pcl and possibly oblique poplitial ligament) and possibly a knee sprain, if the impact was heavy the ligament behind the knee caled the pcl could of got damaged. hard to tell tho hopefully just a knee sprain.

Thanks Kenny !

CONNOR ROZEE, Mitch Georgiades and Lachie Jones have all been medically assessed following Thursday night's Showdown.

Rozee was subbed out of the game with hamstring tightness at three-quarter time, with scans on Friday showing a similar injury to the same part of the hamstring as last weekend.

The Port Adelaide captain became aware of the issue under fatigue late in the game when he was unable to access his normal power and speed.

Georgiades sustained bruising to his knee but has been cleared of any structural damage, while Jones has suffered a low-grade hamstring strain.

Rozee will miss next Friday's Geelong clash, while Jones will be re-assessed on Monday but is likely to miss Round 9, given his injury history.

Georgiades will have his knee re-assessed early next week.

Seriously, * off Port. Tredders mentioned Georgi had an issue with his knee during the week . Played him regardless so the faux pas moral compass Ken Hinkley could reinforce his disapproval of Finlayson (and no Ken, we didn't miss your jibe in the pre game interview). More bs on top of bs.

Several posters on here also noted that Connor was feeling for and stretching out his suspect Hamstring as early as the first quarter

Was never right and definitely started injured

More BS

Sack Ken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the funeral just for his ankle, or the whole bloke ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Well we know its not for his brain, because he was born without one.

Geelong are very good, they're so good, they're a really good team. And we try, we really do, but we're just a little battler club. We would beat them if we could, we really would, we try so hard. But they're so good and we want to be good like them but we have a lot of work to do.

The changes aren't bad, don't mind the Ins. And I'm glad McEntee is playing, why shouldn't he get his arse kicked by Geelong like everyone else?

Geelong doesn't seem to be super dependent on ruck play so Dante coming in isn't that bad.
Rozee is obviously a big out but we have plenty in the middle.
Jones has been in form and a decent out but Aliir is coming in.
I'm super happy to see Sinn get a game even if its a tough one. We can see what we have.
Lets see what Finny has to offer.

Several posters on here also noted that Connor was feeling for and stretching out his suspect Hamstring as early as the first quarter

Was never right and definitely started injured

More BS

Sack Ken
Yep, game thread was all over it early in the 2nd quarter, but the signs were there earlier.

The changes aren't bad, don't mind the Ins. And I'm glad McEntee is playing, why shouldn't he get his arse kicked by Geelong like everyone else?
He spoke about the injured players who will miss, no mention of playes getting the flick, where I am hoping and hoping McEntee is dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back