Autopsy 2024 Round 3 Bruising Blues Too Much For Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 3 vs North?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I gave him a vote purely for defensive effort. He was bloody impressive
Beautiful clean hands when a few others were fumbling, and takes great options. Finds a team-mate in a better position, time after time after time - it is a joy to watch.

But the thing I love most about Fogarty is that he plays with 100% intensity, 100% of the time. I think this really matters because we still have a lot of players who drift in and out of games, or who aren't necessarily switched on at the opening bounce. I thought we were a bit off for the first 5-10 minutes, and efforts from Fogarty and Boyd, just halving contests and winning contested balls, were really important in getting us rolling before North could get out to a lead that could have kept them in the game.

Might be unpopular but I would bring Walsh in for Ollie Hollands. Keep Sam away from the crash and bash of the midfield as he eases back into it, tell Ollie to go and dominate for a month in the VFL before bringing him back in. He has started the season a little slower than expected.

I count 32 blokes who would have a decent claim for best 22, that is without considering wildcards like Cowan, Wilson and Binns who started well in the 2s today and have so much improvement left. There will be some unlucky players with everyone fit.

Walsh will come in for Carroll.

Respectfully, this is a bad take. Peak Brown was unstoppable. That season he was putting together before smashing his face into a million pieces….chefs kiss
No it's not a bad take.

People equated him to Carey.

He wasn't even the best CHF in the 00's. Tredrea was better than him. Pavlich was better than him. Riewoldt was better than him. For most of his career he was either injured or incredibly inconsistent. Then you have the revisionists attributing him as some kind of key player to their 3-peat when it was Lynch who did most of the forward craft.

Sure, he had a good peak but it was too short to be considered on the level of someone like Carey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They set up every contest with free players on the attacking side, looked great when they won the contest and caught us napping a few times in the first half.

Would look better if they ever become a dominant clearance team.

North have done some odd list management though, they have 8 genuine midfielders, some flankers and 1 key forward.

Surely end of season Phillips and a few others are traded to look for keys?

No it's not a bad take.

People equated him to Carey.

He wasn't even the best CHF in the 00's. Tredrea was better than him. Pavlich was better than him. Riewoldt was better than him. For most of his career he was either injured or incredibly inconsistent. Then you have the revisionists attributing him as some kind of key player to their 3-peat when it was Lynch who did most of the forward craft.

Sure, he had a good peak but it was too short to be considered on the level of someone like Carey.
After he had played CHF as a youngster in 3 premierships he kicked 77 goals in 2007, 70 goals in 2008, 85 in 2009, 53 (in 16 games) in 2010. All whilst the team around him was getting progressively worse. Kicked nearly 600 goals and rarely played at full forward. Was as tough as they come. Was an out and out gun.

Also Kicked 11 against Waite at the Gabba which resulted in Dennis Pagan getting sacked.

Fogarty is one of the most unselfish and underrated players...... a tackling machine and hard at the ball.......seems to have lifted his game to the next level this season.....overall the team has a totally different feel this season.....finally the boys have belief.......impressive start to the season please carry on, play on lol

He was noticeably brilliant today, just wish he would take the opportunities he does get at goal a bit more.
Way too unselfish

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

After he had played CHF as a youngster in 3 premierships he kicked 77 goals in 2007, 70 goals in 2008, 85 in 2009, 53 (in 16 games) in 2010. All whilst the team around him was getting progressively worse. Kicked nearly 600 goals and rarely played at full forward. Was as tough as they come. Was an out and out gun.

Also Kicked 11 against Waite at the Gabba which resulted in Dennis Pagan getting sacked.
And he's still not as good as those players, let alone equal to Carey. Point still stands.

It was weird as I only half watched coz I was at a pub with someone who wasn’t interested and the sound was turned down.

It looked like the scoreboard flattered Norf a lot.

Back