List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I get where you're coming from but Carlton gifted us that upgrade, had they not been punished for the salary cap breach we wouldn't have had pick 2.
Had Carlton been punished earlier in the piece, I doubt Richmond would have traded pick 2(4) to Adelaide for Kane Johnson.

And even if they did, Adelaide would have kept pick 2 and 18 for Wells and another player.

Pick 4, as it turns out played 1 game, ironically against NMFC.

Last edited:

The biggest question i have is to do with the club's strength, condition and recovery team. At the end of the day, if you aint got the troops to go to the front line, you won't win any campaigns. Amateur talks strategy, experts talk logistics. I want to know who are those that keep our players less injury prone and stronger for longer? If 2015 was an A+ on the injury front, then every year after saunders left was at most C+. Forget about splashing big money on big fishes, we need to get an A team of medical team first and foremost before thinking about the players.

The biggest question i have is to do with the club's strength, condition and recovery team. At the end of the day, if you aint got the troops to go to the front line, you won't win any campaigns. Amateur talks strategy, experts talk logistics. I want to know who are those that keep our players less injury prone and stronger for longer? If 2015 was an A+ on the injury front, then every year after saunders left was at most C+. Forget about splashing big money on big fishes, we need to get an A team of medical team first and foremost before thinking about the players.
Would say a flawless pre season is a good start? 42/44 players available

Would say a flawless pre season is a good start? 42/44 players available
True and while it's impossible to have 100% players ready for round 1, there's a number who aren't match fit for today's GWS game including McDonald, Comben, Curtis, Archer. That said, I think our round 1 team looks pretty good.

Jack Payne gettable? Been dropped by the bears? Out of favour? Thoughts?
I liked your post for no other reason than the "bears" reference.

Fitzroy won 8 flags but none as the Lions. As the Lions, they had 2 brownlow medals and 2 colemans, so the Lions trophy cabinet was just slightly bigger than Freo's is now.

As for Payne, we really need to see how our backline pans out with Pink, Dawson x2, Corr, Charlie, Biggie and Logue coming back and so on.

Personally, I like Wil Dawson and even at praccy/intraclub match level at 18 years and 2 months, he looked very composed. Having said that, we don't want to Zac Dawson the bloke like Hawthorn did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read that Max Holmes will apparently be courted with seven figure offers over six years.

The * is going on?

I have no idea. There is no way he is worth 800k+ per season.

Clubs will 100% pay that, he’s a star.
Really? If he didn’t play for Geelong he wouldn’t even be talked about as a B grader let alone a “star”. Has a bit of breakaway speed, but gets caught with the ball, his decision making is trash and kicking is so inconsistent.

Nothing impressive about his 19 disposal and 3 clearance avg last season.

Really? If he didn’t play for Geelong he wouldn’t even be talked about as a B grader let alone a “star”. Has a bit of breakaway speed, but gets caught with the ball, his decision making is trash and kicking is so inconsistent.

I thought I was going mental.

If any club pays a B Grade footballer $1m a year, they should be deregistered.

Let the likes of the Bombers, Blues and Saints clog their salary cap with players they just can’t say no to.

You reckon we throw the kitchen sink at Jack Buckley wouldn’t we.
His Dad could help us out a bit.

Last edited:
True and while it's impossible to have 100% players ready for round 1, there's a number who aren't match fit for today's GWS game including McDonald, Comben, Curtis, Archer. That said, I think our round 1 team looks pretty good.
Besides Comben none of the others are up to it at this stage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back