Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Physical size and presence - he’s a much bigger body. This is his greatest asset.

He tackles more per game, has a more commanding presence to take grabs and is better by hand.
They’re around the same size - JC is 2cm shorter.
He’s tackling more because of the position he’s playing - JC would do equally well in that position.
Taking grabs and better by hands is debatable.

I just don’t see Long as a major upgrade.

What may see him retained is progress in development because JC has been stagnant in this regard.

Last edited:
He’s tackling more because of the position he’s playing - JC would do equally well in that position.

What may see him retained over is progress in development because JC has been stagnant in this regard.
FFS Spinny, how many times are you going to incorrectly equate height & size before it gets through to you? Those are not the same thing at all!

What may see him retained over is progress in development because JC has been stagnant in this regard.
Ned Long has more muscle mass than JC.

I’m not actually sure where JC’s long term position is. His best performances have been as a forward but he hasn’t feature there much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ab625788482b5646ae2e8ea9ef7b912b.jpg

0b04950a620ed9efe803a357f92efa1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok - but how does that compare to JC?
Long may just have caught up to JC.
Anyway - it’s a pointless debate without actually knowing weights.
So happy to leave it there.
Long was physically advanced in his junior footy kind of similar to George Stevens in the most recent draft and why he slid as they were not sure how much more development was left.

I know it is weird to say considering Long is 3 years younger but he is more physically advanced then all of Reef, Fin and JC. I honestly think there is upside to all of Reef, Fin, JC and Long (if he makes it on our list/if he is not snapped up by a team in MSD).

When it comes to list spots maybe Long should have received a spot over Bytel or Sullivan and I would keep JC.

I also find it strange that Carmichael doesn't play more in the centre over players like Ryan Sparkes who is part of our VFL.

Lastly stats can be deceiving, check out Riley Garcia's stats for the dogs VFL. Amazing numbers but I assume most of us aren't chomping at the bit to get him to play senior footy at Collingwood.

Long was physically advanced in his junior footy kind of similar to George Stevens in the most recent draft and why he slid as they were not sure how much more development was left.

I know it is weird to say considering Long is 3 years younger but he is more physically advanced then all of Reef, Fin and JC. I honestly think there is upside to all of Reef, Fin, JC and Long (if he makes it on our list/if he is not snapped up by a team in MSD).

When it comes to list spots maybe Long should have received a spot over Bytel or Sullivan and I would keep JC.

I also find it strange that Carmichael doesn't play more in the centre over players like Ryan Sparkes who is part of our VFL.

Lastly stats can be deceiving, check out Riley Garcia's stats for the dogs VFL. Amazing numbers but I assume most of us aren't chomping at the bit to get him to play senior footy at Collingwood.

Doesn't have the awareness. Doesn't feed it off by hand - just dump kicks forward.

Carmichael’s career will be as a forward or out the door. The experiment is more or less over. Sparky is a great midfielder for a VFL player. So underrated in our team. Hard to believe he was playing country last year.

I would actually be trading for Garcia. He’s part of Bevo’s Big Brain and clearly hasn’t been plucked out of the hat to make the firsts.

Don’t have a great feeling about Murph unfortunately ☹️

I personally believe the club is making sure the fans adjust to his absence before announcing the worst. Happy to be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back