Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The chances of major success next year hinges on Carlisle more than any other player...

Think you're spot on here.

Daniher is still immature and cannot be realistically expected to carry the forward line whereas Carlisle is physically and technically capable of carrying the forward line.

If he plays at the level of the second half of the season (i.e. post sub appearance) he's a 50 goal a year player and will get the opposition number 1 (and attention from at least one other). It takes the pressure off Daniher who become much more dangerous on the weaker opponent and without the threat of being double-teamed. There is then the aerial threat of deep lying Bellchambers/Giles which will create a real problem as far as match-ups are concerned especially if Carlisle and Daniher and working well.

With an increase in goal kicking efficiency (now working with Lloyd) and improvements with ball movement and the movement of the midfield and other forwards he become an even better player without even improving his game. He's still only 23 so it is not like we can't expect him to improve as a player with increased experienced and maturity.

He will need to have a massive year if we are going to catch up to the top 4 and I think he is capable of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to be worried when Carlisle has not yet joined in full training. Can say that carlisle is the type of player than can get away with a limited pre-season - But its not ideal.

Think you're spot on here.

Daniher is still immature and cannot be realistically expected to carry the forward line whereas Carlisle is physically and technically capable of carrying the forward line.

If he plays at the level of the second half of the season (i.e. post sub appearance) he's a 50 goal a year player and will get the opposition number 1 (and attention from at least one other). It takes the pressure off Daniher who become much more dangerous on the weaker opponent and without the threat of being double-teamed. There is then the aerial threat of deep lying Bellchambers/Giles which will create a real problem as far as match-ups are concerned especially if Carlisle and Daniher and working well.

With an increase in goal kicking efficiency (now working with Lloyd) and improvements with ball movement and the movement of the midfield and other forwards he become an even better player without even improving his game. He's still only 23 so it is not like we can't expect him to improve as a player with increased experienced and maturity.

He will need to have a massive year if we are going to catch up to the top 4 and I think he is capable of it.
I expected it of him last season but didn't factor in a bit of mental immaturity. A year older plus forward line experience adds up to a drool worthy 2015. God I hope this injury cloud passes quickly.
First play of 2015, Cooney bursting from the center hitting Carlisle lace out? He should appreciate the ball coming in faster at any rate.

650k? That's the upper limit, not lower. Personally I see it as a 4 year, $2.2 million contract

I'm sure there would be clubs willing to offer more than that. i.e around the $700k mark. How much is Daisy Thomas on?

i say throw the house at him if we have to. He has shown what he is capable. over the next few years as he bulks more he is gonna be more than a handfull for the best defenders in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back