Retired #22: Matthew Leuenberger - offered a new deal but chose to retire - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloked turned up to training today.

Not sure how common this is, but thought it was great he came in earlier than he was due back.
Good commitment and all, but I hope the club is wary of his injuries history and don't push him too hard too early and break him. Same goes for him too, love the attitude, but there is plenty of time to show your worth just don't break yourself trying to impress.

I am still burnt from Gumby I think.

lol, reminds me of when I was reading the "bomber magazine" issue for the members and there was a stupid fluff piece on gumby at the end.

This was when he'd been at the club for about 3 years. The question was along the lines of 'What do you wish you had a never ending supply of?'. Most of them answered money, food, women whatever.

Answer 'Hamstrings'.

Haha, what a guy. Sad that he never could get his body right.

Good commitment and all, but I hope the club is wary of his injuries history and don't push him too hard too early and break him. Same goes for him too, love the attitude, but there is plenty of time to show your worth just don't break yourself trying to impress.

Agree, hope he is only doing a light work load, but it is better than Giles who turned up unfit and 5kg over weight.

Uc4WQw1.png

Would have preferred no.27 - I think despite not having played a game yet he is probably our most important player. Getting it all started out of the middle with taps to advantage should massively improve our team

Would have preferred no.27 - I think despite not having played a game yet he is probably our most important player. Getting it all started out of the middle with taps to advantage should massively improve our team

27 is synonymous with ruck at the club, wonder why they didn't choose that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That lack of arm definition gives hope to the many of us that feel inadequate in that department.

And could be a slap in the face to the arm boys at the gym when they realise a professional athlete sees function a priority over aesthetics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back