Traded #27: Jonathan Giles - Traded to The West Coast with pick 62 for pick 57

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to be specific, no. Kapunda is in the Light Regional Council which borders the Barossa, but to simplify it for non-SA people, I just said Barossa. It was actually the shops in Nuriootpa where I saw him...

I was just having a joke :) I'm from Nuri myself, shame I haven't seen him around.

I was just having a joke :) I'm from Nuri myself, shame I haven't seen him around.
Yeah same here, I'm from Nuri too. I assumed that Giles was from Kapunda, given that he played for them as a junior. It wasn't a huge leap to assume that he's back and staying with his folks at the moment.

Actually I thought he was recruited from Sturt? The old "double blues".
He was absolutely not drafted from any club other than Central District. Sturt is not anywhere near where he's from. His junior club, Kapunda Football Club is zoned to Central District, and I can assure that he was drafted from there.

He was absolutely not drafted from any club other than Central District. Sturt is not anywhere near where he's from. His junior club, Kapunda Football Club is zoned to Central District, and I can assure that he was drafted from there.
Actually I looked him up. He was drafted from Central Districts in 2005 by Port. In 2009 he was delisted. He then won the B&F for Sturt in 2010 before being drafted by GWS. Interesting journey and hopefully a fairytale finish.

Actually I looked him up. He was drafted from Central Districts in 2005 by Port. In 2009 he was delisted. He then won the B&F for Sturt in 2010 before being drafted by GWS. Interesting journey and hopefully a fairytale finish.
Ah, fair enough. I didn't actually know that he played for Sturt in between his AFL career. I don't follow the SANFL as closely as AFL.

10497105_10152836382159356_4360995312967811545_o.jpg

sorryfortheyacopost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picture makes me moist

I don't think he would have appreciated tips from a girl haha. I'll just judge him from afar ;)
Next time, can you just get in there and tell him the correct way to squat.

The last thing we need is a high prized recruit going down for a period, based on poor exercise governance.

Next time, can you just get in there and tell him the correct way to squat.

The last thing we need is a high prized recruit going down for a period, based on poor exercise governance.
He'd probably enjoy the demonstration as well. ;)

What exactly is the knock on Giles? That he is unfashionable?

I don't get it. He has shown more at GWS (before mummy came along) than TBC has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back