Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing that would make me madder than tonight is if Kav doesn't start next week and after the bye

Was clearly the best player on the ground at quarter time I thought.

Best part is his VFL game translated right across, can still shark taps with the best of them on our list, his hands are still exceptionally soft and fast and he did a mountain of running. His body has caught up with his game.

Ran himself into the ground for a half. I was pretty impressed and ill take back what I have said about him in the past. He does have what it takes, just depends if he gets the chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great first quarter but much quieter thereafter....still, first time he has been able to consistently impact the contest at AFL level. My knock on him has always been that he plays anonymous footy - didn't tonight.

Can play inside and outside - rare on out list. Should keep his spot....Howlett in trouble when Watson returns I suspect.

I take back what I said in pre season which was that he will likely be delisted at season's end. Our main positive tonight. Keep him in the team til all 3 of Watson, Myers and Hocking come back

Was clearly the best player on the ground at quarter time I thought.

Best part is his VFL game translated right across, can still shark taps with the best of them on our list, his hands are still exceptionally soft and fast and he did a mountain of running. His body has caught up with his game.

Watched him closely at times and the big thing for me was his defensive work at the stoppage. Wasn't sucked in nearly all the time which has been a big, big knock on his by the MC.

He was always a hard runner and clean on the inside. It's that two way running and defensive work that has made him get his chance again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back