Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Kav had Varcoe for long periods of time.
So did Melksham. Kav started on the bench, and played in the middle in the first quarter. Then went to half back. Played a good period of the third quarter on the wing. Yes he did have Varcoe for a while in the second quarter but i would not call it long periods. They all had a number of players at half back.

Made a point of watching him and he was underwhelming . People bagged O'Brien but at least he found the ball despite him being average
when he had it. Not the answer going forward sadly as he had a bit of inside talent just never got to a size where he could use it.
Same issue as Hams in the end. Simply not strong enough.

Was rooting for Kav, but he was awful today. Could not get anywhere near it, and when he did he just seemed flustered.

Not phased that he was a first round pick though.

If you look at the picks after him, all the way up until Merrett, we have not missed out on anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like five or six guys currently on our list - good VFL footballer, poor AFL footballer.

Zero chance he's on our senior list in 2016.

nobody loves the sub vest but he looked particularly dejected when going to the bench with the vest on. I hope he plays a big part in the VFL sides finals run but can't see the club keeping him on the senior list.

Hard to say with any of the fringe players, but I guess he is one that could benefit from the opinion of a new coach.

Rightly or wrongly, they may assess players differently to the current crop.

Hard to say with any of the fringe player, but I guess he is one that could benefit from the opinion of a new coach.

Rightly or wrongly, they may assess players differently to the current crop.

True - hypothetically if dew were to get the job who's to know if Sydney have been following Kavanagh with a view to recruiting him..

Not going to make it as an AFL footballer. He might be better off trying his hand at training racehorses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back