Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I surprised he has been delisted? No

Am I surprised Hams is still on the list ahead of Kav? Yep

A one dimensional player who really struggled with the intensity of AFL football. Was always fighting an uphill battle when Heppell came to us as both first touch inside miss already fighting with Myers, Watson and to a lesser extent Howlett and Hocking.

A terrific VFL year gave me hopes that perhaps next year would be 'the one' but then again, these are the tough decisions we need to make to move forward as a club.

Would love to see him get an opportunity elsewhere, sadly doubtful it will happen.

I personally think the decision to delist him was the right one, should've played more then 12 games though.

Got to play for his childhood team and his first win is as memorable as they come (that game against Fremantle). Wish him all the best.

How's that?
From what I understand WAFL is a lot more open and a running style of game where high disposal counts are frequent, and SANFL is more of your tightly contested style of play, which I think is more his go. Then again the SANFL website is terrible with stats so I have no clue about disposal averages.

Yep, think this is a great move for him and gives him every chance

If he is as big a mumma's boy as has been reported going interstate will help, and the SANFL is the best standard state league IMO

That's a very good move by Kav. He'll be getting paid better then he was at Essendon as well.

That's a very good move by Kav. He'll be getting paid better then he was at Essendon as well.
?? Than this year? I wouldn't have thought so...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes. SANFL money is absurd.
Presumably for selected SANFL players only, then.

There simply isn't the money in SANFL in general for them to compare favourably with AFL players across the board.

No, but if you can make $60-70k and work part time on top of that you're doing alright.
Agreed. But Kakkle was saying he would be paid more than at Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back