2nd Test: India v Australia @ Bangalore (Sat - Wed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, and to be honest I am more happy with Paine coming in and valuing his wicket than Haddin's cheap dismissals by trying to hit the ball out of India!

It's a tough call. With Haddin there's a greater degree of volatility but he offers that invaluable ability to blast quick fire runs, change the face of a game. Paine's a classy but considered option, values his wicket as you say. Depends what we're most wanting for; as it stands with the fragility of our line up, I'd have Paine ahead.

Looking at said scoring rate, it's likely we'll be in a declaration position in the final session anyway.

I wouldn't declare till 50 minutes before stumps absolute maximum. The pitch is a road today..Hilfy might make a ton on this!:D

It's a tough call. With Haddin there's a greater degree of volatility but he offers that invaluable ability to change a game in a short space of time with a purple patch. Paine's a classy but considered option, values his wicket as you say. Given the overall fragility of our batting order of late, I'd go Paine.

Yep agreed.

Paine is gone, bugger

It's a tough call. With Haddin there's a greater degree of volatility but he offers that invaluable ability to blast quick fire runs, change the face of a game. Paine's a classy but considered option, values his wicket as you say. Depends what we're most wanting for; as it stands with the fragility of our line up, I'd have Paine ahead.

Paine can score quickly, the situation just hasn't come up yet in his test career.

Well done Marcus.

I think we would all agree that he was a bit lucky to retain his spot but glad to see him return to some form. As others have noted, he is very capable of getting the big score (5 tons in 19 tests is exceptional) but needs to contribute more in games where he is not scoring big runs to be a genuine test quality batsman.

Just looking at his stats his record against sides other than Pakistan is actually very good (average of 54 when Pakistan is excluded) ... sadly you can't just exclude records against one team!

Performed well against England in the past, I am more than comfortable with him being part of our Ashes squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

19 runs in 18 levels in FC cricket says no. On the other hand, in 9 of those innings he was N.O., so on average he's as safe as the person he bats with.

That is worse than Pigeon!:eek:

How many times has Haddin changed the face of games?

My most damning memory of him is at the SCG against Pakistan, first innings, swinging ball, Aus in real shit and what was he doing? Backing away from his stumps trying to loft the ball.

What a head case. Lost interest in him since then.

Edit: Oh and first innings at Lords. Most of the line-up already out trying to pull or hook, so Haddin comes out and starts pulling straight away.

Did someone say Pakistan?:D

csil.jpg

Theres no point being this defensive, we're just letting the game drift without achieving anything here.

How bloody frustrating - an in-form North is brilliant to watch, yet we have to wait 96 innings between drinks!

Only Indian businessmen have the capability to completely botch a major 20/20 tournament, kick teams out and most probably blame everyone else for their problems.

Let the finger pointing Indian style begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back