Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether its bad or not the fact he got one suggests all is not well in Gumbys bod. Looks like Hurleys up forward for now

It's hamstring tightness. Not a big deal. They wouldn't have THAT much training left before Christmas anyway.

If it happens again next year when the real stuff starts it'll be a different story.

ffs-friday-ruining-my-public-image-L-Vz8cs7.jpeg

for all those saying 'he's our answer up forward' or 'he's set for a big year' please take note - this guys body cant stand up to the rigors of AFL training and football - hasnt been able to since he arrived at the club over 6 - yes 6 years ago. I feel for the guy, but please.... thank god we only gave him a 1 year deal.

2 hammies already in Winders and Gumby but with their history its not surprising, just dissapointing.

Edit: Just read he was thought to be cured like medicine. Pretty devastating if that was the case then.

2 hammies already in Winders and Gumby but with their history its not surprising, just dissapointing.

Edit: Just read he was thought to be cured like medicine. Pretty devastating if that was the case then.
When did Winderlich do his? Not good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hamstring tightness. Not a big deal. They wouldn't have THAT much training left before Christmas anyway.

If it happens again next year when the real stuff starts it'll be a different story.

Hamstring tightness from the TRB is always he has done a 4-week hammy. The only good news is he's done it just before the Xmas break.

Doesn't matter what the club says; the test is when he comes back to full training.

Unusual that the injury came this early.. usually comes later in preseason after HUN does a puff piece....

I thought they always come straight after he signs a contract.

Have to feel sorry for the guy. Was he this injury prone before joining Essendon?

Have to feel sorry for the guy. Was he this injury prone before joining Essendon?
Well I think he was born with a back condition that no one noticed until after he was drafted, and that back problem is the cause of all the soft tissue problems.

This will never end. Injuries at the start of the year, has to start off slowly and comes home like a train towards the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back