Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

My dealings with JMac off field haven't left me thinking "what a twat!" He's a well spoken down to earth bloke who I've found is as interested in what you say as you are in what he says. Appearances can be deceiving.

My dealings with JMac off field haven't left me thinking "what a twat!" He's a well spoken down to earth bloke who I've found is as interested in what you say as you are in what he says. Appearances can be deceiving.

I've only spoken to him once and that was a few years ago at a Sponsors night (through BF) and he came across very well. Every other time I have seen him in public he has come across as being a very decent, friendly sort of bloke. I for one am very glad he has re-signed because I think when he is in the team we play a bit better. Seems to be one of the players who provides leadership in the back half and has been able to kick some very handy goals on occasions.

I met him at the hop-up bar in Round 16 vs Hawthorn. As someone travelling to see us play, rarely getting to meet players, I was keen as mustard to have a chat to J-Mac.

Totally agree with what you've said here. He was open to discussing his injury and the setbacks he'd had, but also when me and my mates were spinning the wheel, he showed enthusiasm, wanting us to win the big prizes.

All in all, from that brief encounter, he's an awesome bloke, who exudes leadership and it's easy to see why he got a 2 year extension.

Perhaps his persona with the club's supporters/members is different.

Players persona's doesn't really matter. These guys represent the club we all love and all we want is for them to do their best.

If Jaime plays seniors consistently this year, then great :thumbsu:

Last edited:
I met him at the hop-up bar in Round 16 vs Hawthorn. As someone travelling to see us play, rarely getting to meet players, I was keen as mustard to have a chat to J-Mac.

Totally agree with what you've said here. He was open to discussing his injury and the setbacks he'd had, but also when me and my mates were spinning the wheel, he showed enthusiasm, wanting us to win the big prizes.

All in all, from that brief encounter, he's an awesome bloke, who exudes leadership and it's easy to see why he got a 2 year extension.
That was pretty much my exact experience at the same function, which I posted about at the time.

JMac is ready to blossom as a player and I am looking forward to seeing it.

That's probably true of most players. You can't necessarily tell much when they're in Best Behaviour mode.

FWIW, I'm fairly sure I saw him at the G on Boxing Day, but couldn't gather enough data to support or disprove FIGJAM claims. Unless you want to draw conclusions from the fact he appears to be a MCC member.

Met him on the same night doing exactly what you said, and agree wholeheartedly! Seems like a ripper, and if he shows the form of his first few games and his brief finals efforts we will be happy to have him locked away for 3 years.

That's probably true of most players. You can't necessarily tell much when they're in Best Behaviour mode.

FWIW, I'm fairly sure I saw him at the G on Boxing Day, but couldn't gather enough data to support or disprove FIGJAM claims. Unless you want to draw conclusions from the fact he appears to be a MCC member.

Included with the admission to Scotch College....

Deserved 2 more. I think.

We love signing up players on decent length contracts that no other team would have any interest in poaching..

Can't recall an error in the Essendon final and as long as that continues he is a solid long term replacement for Spud.

But this captaincy future or otherwise, just ******* stop with that nonsense right now.

Ziebell - McDonald = next 15 years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players persona's doesn't really matter. These guys represent the club we all love and all we want is for them to do their best.

Play seniors. Hate to tell you Dan but he's one of the first picked.

So your calling him fake when he is around fans? As for IF he plays seniors, if he is fit and available, he pulls on the blue and white jumper of the mighty NMFC 9.99 times out of 10 before the yellow and black of Werribee.

So your calling him fake when he is around fans? As for IF he plays seniors, if he is fit and available, he pulls on the blue and white jumper of the mighty NMFC 9.99 times out of 10 before the yellow and black of Werribee.

I don't really know him, none of us really do.

Players are told by the media/pr people at the club to always be friendly, humble, polite etc when it comes to interacting with the supporter base. My observation was only from a couple on instances and what others told me at the time.

I don't really know him, none of us really do.

Players are told by the media/pr people at the club to always be friendly, humble, polite etc when it comes to interacting with the supporter base. My observation was only from a couple on instances and what others told me at the time.

And yet those of us who have met him say the opposite ... go figure.

And yet those of us who have met him say the opposite ... go figure.

You guys are talking about training sessions and club functions. My point being my observation was from a non-club situation.

In the scheme of things, it doesn't matter.

We all want the same thing.

You guys are talking about training sessions and club functions.

I'm not. My first contact with him was when he phoned to sell me a raffle ticket and we chatted for around 45 minutes. He didn't have to but do it he did. I learnt early in that convo that he grew up a couple of streets from where I live, and his family still live there. The chat was about the local area and the people and places it turned out we were both familiar with. He visits home as often as possible and said he'd keep an eye out for the middle aged pineapple headed wanna be olympian running the local streets late at night. The rest was footy talk, and we even discussed BF and his own experiences with it back in his earlier days, before he heeded the club's advice to give it a wide berth. It was fascinating, seriously, and I've wished him nothing but the best ever since.

I'm not. My first contact with him was when he phoned to sell me a raffle ticket and we chatted for around 45 minutes. He didn't have to but do it he did. I learnt early in that convo that he grew up a couple of streets from where I live, and his family still live there. The chat was about the local area and the people and places it turned out we were both familiar with. He visits home as often as possible and said he'd keep an eye out for the middle aged pineapple headed wanna be olympian running the local streets late at night. The rest was footy talk, and we even discussed BF and his own experiences with it back in his earlier days, before he heeded the club's advice to give it a wide berth. It was fascinating, seriously, and I've wished him nothing but the best ever since.

I don't doubt anything in that post, but I'd put that under training sessions/club functions as well. He is on the phone to a club member trying to sell raffle tickets. The players are obligated to be nice'n'friendly to you and he could very well be genuine.

Maybe because he is a professional full time athlete and that being in a different gym, the self competitive juices kick in when around other guys who are in good shape. I don't know.

But I'm not making this up just to be different or to cause a stir.

Fair enough, but I didn't even scratch the surface of what was actually said. I subsequently bumped into him at one of those functions and as quick as a whip, once I'd introduced myself (thinking he'd have forgotten), he asked me how my brother in NY was and how the kids were, remembering one of their names in the process. I've met hundreds of players over the years and those types are in the minority. Many are, exactly as you said, polite and well spoken as they're educated to do so with fans. He, Wellsy, Spitter, Arch etc are different (in my experience). It's obvious why club insiders respect them so much once you've engaged them, even when it's less obvious to outsiders.

Again we chatted for ages, had plenty of laughs, and it's been the same ever since.

Sammy Wright's another. Likewise Jack.

I've met players who are tossers. He's most certainly not one of them mate.

Deserved 2 more. I think.

We love signing up players on decent length contracts that no other team would have any interest in poaching..

Can't recall an error in the Essendon final and as long as that continues he is a solid long term replacement for Spud.

But this captaincy future or otherwise, just ******* stop with that nonsense right now.

Ziebell - McDonald = next 15 years.

I'm in the same camp.....let those in the know decide (inner scrotum) ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back