3rd T20 Aust. vs India

The winner of this all hugely important match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tye showed he can do it in his debut, and well boland hasnt showed it at all. I know who I'm picking but the selectors love a favourite

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Find a quote where I said explicitly Boland is the answer. Would prefer him at Vic, would be good to go B2B :thumbsu:
He probably won't help that, he barely took a Shield wicket.

He's basically Indian Jack Riewoldt.

Petulant little sook that has a bag of talent and cracks it when it doesn't go his way.

He thrives off being hated anyway so who cares?
Wow dude, of all the people in the world you chose a Richmond player for a comparison in a cricket thread, the Richmond obsession with North posters is outa control. :rolleyes:

What a game of cricket. Can't believe all the negativity here, well I can actually.

This is akin to Michael Bevan's matchwinning knock against the Windies in 1996 and celebrated in Australian folklore as one of cricket's greatest moments.

The fact India chased down 198 and hit 17 runs off the last over with a four off the last ball to seal it was amazing.

Calling the game insignificant is dismissing almost every non World Cup fixture, which you can easily convenience an argument for as well.

We might as well play no cricket and just play World Cups if that is your definition of a relevant game.

What a game of cricket. Can't believe all the negativity here, well I can actually.

This is akin to Michael Bevan's matchwinning knock against the Windies in 1996 and celebrated in Australian folklore as one of cricket's greatest moments.

The fact India chased down 198 and hit 17 runs off the last over with a four off the last ball to seal it was amazing.

Calling the game insignificant is dismissing almost every non World Cup fixture, which you can easily convenience an argument for as well.

We might as well play no cricket and just play World Cups if that is your definition of a relevant game.

Given that Australia had most of their players already in another country Im pretty sure its safe to say Australia couldnt possibly care any less.

It's insignificant only when Australia loses ;) Either that or childish stubbornness to accept the prevalence of T20 cricket around the world. As you suggest though, standard Bigfooty.

It really was a pretty amazing run chase. Honestly thought 17 off the last would be a bridge too far.

Agree that it was a cracking game, easily the best of the eight short form games played. Australia might still be tinkering about with things, but it was still an amazing chase by India.

This series we basically kept our powder dry. The result means nothing. Not once did we play our best team or even close to it. India and everyone else learned nothing about us, while we learned a lot about the WC favourite. We are a very real chance to win the WC IMO.

the bowling coach and selectors should be hung up by their nuts.
tim paine should be in this side
arrogant indian arseholes, hope their plane goes down on the way home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This series we basically kept our powder dry. The result means nothing. Not once did we play our best team or even close to it. India and everyone else learned nothing about us, while we learned a lot about the WC favourite. We are a very real chance to win the WC IMO.

If our players somehow learn how to play spin, then yes, I'd agree with you.

Problem is I don't think the selectors have any real idea exactly what our 'best' team is.

Problem is I don't think the selectors have any real idea exactly what our 'best' team is.
This; we weren't hiding our hand, we don't know what our hand is yet. And with less than two months to go, that doesn't bode well. On the other hand, T20, more than any other version of cricket, can turn on single performances, so if Smith or Finch or Warner get hold of one, we can still go a long way.

Round it out with a bit of Shane Harwood, or Clint McKay or John Hastings if you're picking the Test team.

It's funny people bag Hastings mercilessly because of 1 test on the Nullabor Highway yet a favourite cops an almighty spanking in an innings and loses the unloseable then we forgive and forget...

I suppose it's one chance for some, plenty for others...

mckay's odi figures are very good. could probably pick worse (and probably will).

tait was handy once upon a time but is kind of an expensive novelty these days. boland... bit of a 'go back to domestic cricket to work on your game' type thing. just not ready. i suspect the side will be stacked with all-rounders anyway.

We know exactly what we have and chose not to play our hand a month out. We will be very hard to beat when the time comes.

I'll like to have some of what you are on!

Have we found 6 bats that can play spin?

Back