3rd Test Australia v India, Jan 7-11 at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way you carry on and accuse us of lacking integrity and common decency it's almost as if you can't handle a difference of opinion on a serious subject. Does it really mean that much to you that we all agree racism does not exist and everyone who says it does is a liar?
Not sure if you don’t actually comprehend the point I was making, or you are deliberately trying to make a straw man argument and misrepresent what I said. Is that how they teach kids in HSC or undergraduates these days?

All my posts have been specifically in relation to the incident on Sunday re Siraj and the fictitious racist allegations. Nothing more, nothing less. So your attempt to widen the argument beyond that is of no relevance to what I was talking about.

All the evidence from eyewitnesses is pretty conclusive that no racist comments were made to Siraj on Sunday, yet like a dog with a bone, you refuse to accept that. You keep on making these vague assertions that it was a racist attack, yet you can’t come up with any concrete evidence at all.

Like the Indians, you’ve backed yourself into a corner on this one, and just don’t have the grace to admit you were wrong about what happened on Sunday.

Last edited:

I am not the one going on about it. There is arguments both sides and I for one do not condone taunts with racists undertones by any means. But FFS, let it go.
I'm not going to just let it go when you've got a pile on of blokes in here convinced the two Indians are lying about racial abuse in the middle of the police investigation. I'll happily let it go at the conclusion of the investigation but not in the middle of it. That's like saying he looks guilty your honour send him to jail, and the judge should just agree based on his own preconceptions

There is nothing on earth people hate more than hypocrisy.

So when a country with racism and discrimination built into their societal structure gets on their high horse and starts preaching to Australia about racism, it comes across as extremely hollow.

Not to mention, if we are such a racist country, why do they feel the need to immigrate here in the millions.

No current player aside from Ishant Sharma was involved in that game. It is not hypocrisy for their current team to be upset about something. It would be hypocrisy for Harbhajan or those who excused him, to complain.

What does that have to do with it.
Singh got away with being a racist because the Indian cricket team threatened to boycott the tour, now you want us to jump up and down because a member of the crowd supposedly said the same thing to Siraj despite no one else hearing it?

If we are to be lumped in with this supposed random at the SCG then I am lumping Siraj in with Singh and the whole Indian attitude towards it at the time.

What do you mean?

I treat them fine, I wish the same could be said the other way. They will think nothing of spending the whole day talking Hindi to each other right in front of you, they will laugh at jokes at your expense, they will openly discriminate against anyone not Indian and they will even discriminate against each other depending on what part of India they come from.
Oh you poor thing that must be so bad. And yet you treat them fine. Well well well

Singh got away with being a racist because the Indian cricket team threatened to boycott the tour, now you want us to jump up and down because a member of the crowd supposedly said the same thing to Siraj despite no one else hearing it?

If we are to be lumped in with this supposed random at the SCG then I am lumping Siraj in with Singh and the whole Indian attitude towards it at the time.

I don’t want anyone to jump up and down.

I want people to stop assessing the current Indian team and individuals based on an incident that had literally nothing to do with any of them.

It would be like if you got racially abused in south America or something and got called a hypocrite for complaining, because of the stolen generation.

How can we stomp out something that didn't happen? No one else heard anyone call him a monkey

I thought the investigation into the earlier days accusations were still going on?

Its possible he did mishear earlier in the game i don't discount that possibility(i dont think it would be a lie from him though) but its also possible he was racially abused early in the test and over reacted on that third day because of the earlier abuse.

If CA dont find witnesses from the earlier days then i agree it cant really go any further than it has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if you don’t actually comprehend the point I was making, or you are deliberately trying to make a straw man argument and misrepresent what I said. Is that how they teach kids in HSC or undergraduates these days?

All my posts have been specifically in relation to the incident on Sunday re Siraj and the fictitious racist allegations. Nothing more, nothing less. So your attempt to widen the argument beyond that is of no relevance to what I was talking about.

All the evidence from eyewitnesses is pretty conclusive that no racist comments were made to Siraj on Sunday, yet like a dog with a bone, you refuse to accept that. You keep on making these vague assertions that it was a racist attack, yet you can’t come up with any concrete evidence at all.

Like the Indians, you’ve backed yourself into a corner on this one, and just don’t have the grace to admit you were wrong about what happened on Sunday.
What if the police investigation concludes that the Indians weren't lying?

I'm not going to just let it go when you've got a pile on of blokes in here convinced the two Indians are lying about racial abuse in the middle of the police investigation. I'll happily let it go at the conclusion of the investigation but not in the middle of it. That's like saying he looks guilty your honour send him to jail, and the judge should just agree based on his own preconceptions

And the reverse applies as well, innocent until proven guilty, so why are you banging on about it? What did or didn't happen is now in the hands of the authorities yes?

We still work on the presumption of innocence in this country last time I checked?

Not trial by media.

If you doubt their story then you’re a horrible racist, right?

Just make a separate thread about it and then you and the other bloke can mutually pleasure yourselves to your hearts content.
So you would rather have the right to post whatever without anyone challenging it? Is that what you're saying? We'll go somewhere else and you can continue to run Indians down with no opposition

What will you do if the investigation concludes that something was said?
What will you do when it doesn't? No member of the crowd that was in the area or security guard heard anything.

If its proven then ban the guy from the cricket for life right after India concede the final test to show they actually care about racism for their actions with Symonds.

And the reverse applies as well, innocent until proven guilty, so why are you banging on about it? What did or didn't happen is now in the hands of the authorities yes?

We still work on the presumption of innocence in this country last time I checked?

Not trial by media.
Absolutely right. But most here have already made their minds up

So you would rather have the right to post whatever without anyone challenging it? Is that what you're saying? We'll go somewhere else and you can continue to run Indians down with no opposition
No, take any mention of this crap out of here altogether. From anyone. Everyone except you and phatty are bored shitless by it.

Not trial by media.

Nor trial by Perth bloke.

What will you do when it doesn't? No member of the crowd that was in the area or security guard heard anything.

If its proven then ban the guy from the cricket for life right after India concede the final test to show they actually care about racism for their actions with Symonds.

Actually one member that was in that vicinity (2 rows in front) posted a video to call BS .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back