Mark Jamar - Farewell and thanks Russian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not for me he's not. Tom McDonald for mine. Say what you want about his disposal but if he went down we would be ******. The guy has the speed and endurance to go with guys like the Riewoldt's and Franklin who when up and running burn most defenders. Not sure if Chip can shut these types of players down like he did once upon a time now. Tommy Mac is irreplaceable IMO.

And as hard as it is for me to admit, Dawes probably second most valuable. We bring a totally different attitude with him in the side.

I think you could equally argue the case for Jones, Jamar Dawes and Mcdonald , Dont know if one is more important than the other

I think you could equally argue the case for Jones, Jamar Dawes and Mcdonald , Dont know if one is more important than the other
I think I made bad choice of using MVP in this thread, its not supposed to be about who is the most important player, but just how good Jamar has been for us since his return and how its affected the team.

I think I made bad choice of using MVP in this thread, its not supposed to be about who is the most important player, but just how good Jamar has been for us since his return and how its affected the team.

His impact has been substantial someone above mentioned his ruckwork is better than his AA year and I think I agree, He doesnt have Moloney to hit it down to he is working Vince, Jones, Cross, Tyson, Viney etc

You might want to change that signature now ;)

Shame the bet was goals and not importance , I'm still a chance! :D

Would be a tragedy if you lost, infact i probably couldnt let you do it (Dawes with a cross through him and not wanted) lol, u would look like the harshest supporter ever

Shame the bet was goals and not importance , I'm still a chance! :D

Would be a tragedy if you lost, infact i probably couldnt let you do it (Dawes with a cross through him and not wanted) lol, u would look like the harshest supporter ever
If he can't kick 14 from another 12ish games he probably deserves it :p

I don't understand the purpose of delisting veteran players that can still compete at AFL level - unless they're not keen on spending the next year in the VFL. Fair enough if you want to play youngsters ahead of them, but delisting them altogether just makes zero sense unless you have x amount of top ~40 draft picks/potential free agents/trades and x-y (where y equals number of veterans) list spaces remaining.

Thanks for your loyal service over the years Russian. You got us through some time times with very little support.

Good luck for the future.

This is absolutely disgusting! The man had been at the club for 14 years and the club could not even bother giving him a farewell. You are a joke Melbourne, A joke!

Thank you Russian for everything you gave the club, during your all Australian years i took great pride in watching you. Loyal to club always, thanks for your contribution.

If the club has any brains they should keep the Russian around if he wants too

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Crossy got a farewell because he was still playing well... Have a feeling Roos wasn't being overly sentimental (a little bit sentimental but not a lot) in playing him - he did end up with 64 touches in his final two games. Hard to see Jamar having similar impact while Gawn is doing his job so well, hence* not getting a final run.

Edit: well done Mark and all that.

*Never, ever hence why. Ever. Stop using why after hence.

One of my favourites. Very sad to see him go.

From what I understand he was doing a lot of coaching work with our Rucks, hopefully he's enjoyed seeing Gawn flourish if that's the case.

Hopefully he sticks around at the club, anyone who stuck by the Dees while Neeld & Cuddles were around deserves to be looked after by the club.

I don't understand the purpose of delisting veteran players that can still compete at AFL level - unless they're not keen on spending the next year in the VFL. Fair enough if you want to play youngsters ahead of them, but delisting them altogether just makes zero sense unless you have x amount of top ~40 draft picks/potential free agents/trades and x-y (where y equals number of veterans) list spaces remaining.

Cap space, list space, etc.

Upgrading two rookies can make it difficult too. Plus we need to draft at least 3 players.

After Roos actually responded to my email re. Cross last week, I'm trying very hard to be level headed and not criticise the football club.

Its proving to be very difficult right now...

Well done on a great career, Rush. One of my favourites for years.

After Roos actually responded to my email re. Cross last week, I'm trying very hard to be level headed and not criticise the football club.

Its proving to be very difficult right now...

Well done on a great career, Rush. One of my favourites for years.

Care to elaborate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back