Delisted #41: Cian McBride ☘️ - Not offered a contract for 2024 - 28/8

Remove this Banner Ad

He was worth the risk as a rookie. I think what Eth has said is right. He showed more as a forward and some of his ruck efforts last year where not horrible but he has fallen short. It happens more often than not with rookies.

Interesting to hear the guy running the current training camp in Ireland say they are looking more at 186 - 190 cm types with speed and endurance as the preferred player type.

They’ve certainly had more success with flank/wing types than they have with key position players. Even Nash is playing an on all role despite his key position frame.

It sounds like he's struggling to get the ball... you're much more likely to execute a tackle if your opponent gets to the ball first.

Cian McBride

Five disposals, eight tackles, eight hit-outs

He’s been solid down there for us and gave it his all again. He didn’t have a heap of the ball but still took a couple of intercept marks and laid some really big tackles, showing the pressure we want out of our defenders. He’s been competitive helping out in the ruck as well which has been a real bonus.

Cian McBride

Eight disposals, three marks

Cian’s very tough to play on as a defender, and he makes his presence felt down there. You just know he’s going to compete hard for us every week, and I felt he pieced together a pretty consistent game on the last line for us.

Cian McBride

Eight disposals, three marks

Cian’s very tough to play on as a defender, and he makes his presence felt down there. You just know he’s going to compete hard for us every week, and I felt he pieced together a pretty consistent game on the last line for us.

I think we all know he's not good enough by now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back