Delisted #41: Cian McBride ☘️ - Not offered a contract for 2024 - 28/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Cian McBride​

Key stats: Three disposals, two tackles, six clearances

"Cian's another one who's had a good start to the year, but he was a bit quieter this week. He battled hard but didn't have much influence on the game."

Cian McBride

Key stats: Five disposals, three marks, three tackles

"Cian played alongside Zach Reid and 'Brandy' (Cody Brand), and also relieved 'Bryza' (Nick Bryan) in the ruck at different points. He was solid. It was probably one of his quieter games in terms of possessions, but a bit like Brandy, he got back to getting best position and halving a lot of those aerial contests as a defender, so it was good to see him get back to that and have an impact for us in our back six."

I know people are desperate for something different, especially for Cian to succeed at either end of the ground but I don't see it with him.

This is his third year on the Cat - B rookie list and it is now or never imho. Has hardly pushed for emergency, let alone to be a genuine AFL contributor each week.

I would love for him to make it, but it's a long reach right now

I know people are desperate for something different, especially for Cian to succeed at either end of the ground but I don't see it with him.

This is his third year on the Cat - B rookie list and it is now or never imho. Has hardly pushed for emergency, let alone to be a genuine AFL contributor each week.

Big bloke who's quick, has good hands and roosts it. And he has another year on the rookie list.

Big bloke who's quick, has good hands and roosts it. And he has another year on the rookie list.
I thought having signed in 2019 (albeit late) this would be his last.

If he has one more, may as well take the Cat - B free hit and hope it works but on my current observations, he's a fair way off it even with his athletic gifts.

I thought having signed in 2019 (albeit late) this would be his last.

If he has one more, may as well take the Cat - B free hit and hope it works but on my current observations, he's a fair way off it even with his athletic gifts.
They made a rule that if you were a rookie in 2020 that you can have an extra year on the list.

Until this season, he's hardly had a decent go at it with COVID. Needs some time to develop.

Liked what I saw from McBride playing ruck on Sunday. Aggressive, tough and looked nasty when the ball was in dispute.
He has been playing pretty well. Not very often you see a bloke playing ruck and KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cian McBride​

Key stats: 20 disposals, 11 marks, four tackles, nine hitouts

"Cian was a really good contributor for us. He took nice marks in defence and when Andrew Phillips wasn't in the ruck, he helped out there and did really well. He took 11 marks, which is probably his best output in that regard, and just the fact he was impacting some of those contests was really pleasing. It was up there with one of his best games."

Cian McBride​

Key stats: Four disposals, three marks, two tackles, six hitouts

"Cian gives 100 per cent effort all the time. He was having a good game in defence and also helping out in the ruck until he did a hamstring injury and missed the second half."

Cian McBride

Key stats: eight disposals, four marks, three hitouts

“He played centre half back and did a little bit of work in the ruck. It was another solid game, his one-on-one defending has been the highlight of his year, he’s really hard to play against down there in the backline. A couple of times he was in best position, but he misjudged the flight of the ball, but it was another good game from him.”

Entering year 4

7 pages on Big Footy

Has there ever been a lower tenure-to-page ratio?

Surely gets a go this year. They wouldn’t have otherwise persevered right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back