Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a photo!

A64DyctCUAELAnl.jpg

BJ in Bombers gear at last!

Ok, so it's not brilliant, but it's something!

AWESOME!!!

ctually I cant even tell which is him :(

As keen as ever to see Goddard in action.
If we are injury free this will be the strongest line up we've had in at least 5 years.

As keen as ever to see Goddard in action.
If we are injury free this will be the strongest line up we've had in at least 5 years.

Eh?

I reckon on paper we probably haven't had a lineup this strong since at least 2004, and probably as far back as 2002.

Just noticed on the main page bit where the twitter stuff is StKilda are running with the #loyaltyunites. Is this their official season slogan/membership campaign or are they just having a dig?

Just noticed on the main page bit where the twitter stuff is StKilda are running with the #loyaltyunites. Is this their official season slogan/membership campaign or are they just having a dig?

Fierce, dedicated, almost stalker-like loyalty to one another. That's what's in order here.

Hahaha what a ******* basket case.

#loyaltyfromplayertoclubnotclubtoplayerunite

Insulting contract offers to your best player? #loyaltyunite

this will be the strongest line up we've had in at least 5 years.

I'd be inclined to say 10 years, 2003 was the last time I saw a particularly strong list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 years of loyal service + 28yo + “I’ll stay at well less than market value if you give me an extra year on my contract” = seeya later BJ, don’t let the door hit your arse.

#loyaltyunites

It’s almost criminal what a ******* joke that “club” is.

And we're reaping all the benefits...

tumblr_lu5ozrz5yP1qztqsao1_500.gif

Bit hypercritical....

I’ve been a bit surprised about the level of envy this has caused. I’m talking to opposition supporters over the last few days who are still “spewing you blokes got him... for nothing! Why didn’t we have a crack??”... along those lines. Feels good that it’s us for a change.

It's great isn't it? Every time I've bumped into someone from the footy club in the last few weeks, the first thing they say is how ####ing lucky you bastards are getting him.....or "####ing Essendon, is there anything you ####s don't have?"...lol:thumbsu:

Love it.

All of my friends have recently been saying how much of a hack he is and how much they hate Essendon and what a failure this will be. Which of course is stubbornness masking obvious envy.

Or they could just be getting pissed at me signing off every email - football related or otherwise - with "In Goddard We Trust" :D

Both I would say.

Loyalty unites is definitely their membership slogan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back