Prediction 9 games left - where do we end up?

Where do Melbourne finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we end on 12 wins. Drop one of the ones we should win and make it up somewhere else.

That’s about where we are at. If we make it it’s cause we beat a couple of top 8 sides and then we deserve it but on current form you’d have to say that’s highly unlikely as they mostly have experienced coaches who can pick us apart easily

1419F780-C83C-4EE8-8588-CD44E692B472.png

If this happens Saj owes me an apology if he doesn’t already

Last edited:
is everyone forgetting freo game is in darwin? have we ever won in bloody darwin. Adelaide will have alot of players back soon and will want to put in a good show against us at home to make up for 91. more chance of beating geelong at home on smaller ground with our forward press. but anything could happen could lose this week if tmac and jetta miss or win every game on way home who ******* knows
Winning in Darwin isn't the problem it's the impact of the game the following week. We have the dogs which is a must win and I hope the team doesn't tire out and we get rolled that would be disastrous. I'm not too worried atm but I really think we need to win those games. 3 big weeks coming up.

I ended up with us in 3rd at 15-7. Happy bunch of campaigners on here going by the poll.
Would you rather 4th and cop Richmond at the g first up or 3rd and cop West coast likely. I guess copping the coast in a qualifying final would be better than getting them in a preliminary final. Only because I feel the umpiring would be a lot worse in a prelim. Getting a final first up at the g would be great and would be at home. However Richmond are unbeatable at the g, would rather etihad lol.

Would you rather 4th and cop Richmond at the g first up or 3rd and cop West coast likely. I guess copping the coast in a qualifying final would be better than getting them in a preliminary final. Only because I feel the umpiring would be a lot worse in a prelim. Getting a final first up at the g would be great and would be at home. However Richmond are unbeatable at the g, would rather etihad lol.
If we make top 4 they can match us up against the Team of the Century in its prime for all I care

I've said it before, but we simply must win the next 3 games against teams that won't make the finals (Saints, Dogs, Freo). A good 40-50 point win in there would be ideal too.

From then on, we'd need 3 more wins to get us 14, which should be enough.
  • Geelong are tough at the Cattery but certainly gettable
  • Adelaide will start getting players back, but we should be able to take them down
  • Gold Coast can be all but penciled in as a win
  • Sydney have been far from convincing. I don't look at that game with any fear
  • West Coast in Perth is tough
  • GWS aren't much good this year, and could be out of the hunt by R23 (start putting players on ice)

The Tiges played Etihad pretty well last night!
What I mean is our form at etihad is much better than what it is at the g, but yes it's weird to think Richmond are a bloody good team no matter where they plat. They look like doing what Geelong failed to do and go back to back. Still long way to go and anything could happen.

6 wins will get us in.

I think it's likely we win 5/6 of Saints, Freo, Dogs, GC and Adelaide, GWS and we go 1/3 against Cats, Sydney, WC

If we beat all the bottom teams i think it will be by a fair bit as has been the case most of the year and we Finish 5th on 14 wins and the highest percentage of those on 14.

This is my absolute most optimistic scenario.

Best case I could make: 8 wins
Worst case: 3 wins (likely 4 though)

By my predictor after last night I now have the cats on only 14 wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back