Prediction 9 games left - where do we end up?

Where do Melbourne finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty simple, vote for the ladder position where you think we'll finish.

My ladder predictor which I just ran thanks to the thread on the mainboard by Rimmer.

8e1c1017bc0b1ec9ed68a70a9116dbaa.png

To make finals (And prove me wrong) we have to:

- Beat all 4 of Saints/Freo/Dogs/Suns
- Win at LEAST two of our remaining games. In what could be a bizarre season 13 wins would likely see us miss the 8, which will be the first time ever in the top 8 system a team has missed out with that many wins. Would be an awful followup to missing finals by the smallest % margin in history last year

Initially I expected us to win a final this year, but bloody hell I think this group just needs to ******* make it. Who knows what happens from there but even if we finish 8th I don't care, just win 14 games please...

It’s funny but last week I would have said the difference between us and Collingwood is the bloke we paid two first rounders for had done his acl, and their bloke they paid two first rounders for is absolutely starring. And then what happens to Treloar on Sunday? Football is a strange game and so much can change from week to week.

I think we’ll win the four games against non top 8 sides, and win 1 or 2 against Geelong, Adelaide, GWS. Don’t have much hope of us beating Sydney or WCE. If we win 13 and still miss finals so be it, since that would mean we still couldn’t beat any top 8 sides and frankly don’t deserve to be there. For the record I think we’ll finish 6th with 14 wins. Somehow.

Last edited:

you have sydney losing none from here on richmond only losing this week. port only losing once and every other team in 8 losing 2 of there last 9 yet we lose 4. it just wont pan out like that adelaide, bombers and freo will win more than 2 games each carlton will win again. every single auto tip squiggle ive done shows us making the 8 yet when i do it we either just make it or miss depends on the upsets i choose. reckon itll come down to that last round but could be for 4 or 5 teams this year. whatever happens itll be a rollercoaster of a year

Didn't put a lot of thought into it but gave us a win against Adelaide and GWS along with the four we 'should' win. Banking on the fact that Adelauide will be shot for the season and GWS is in Melbourne. Also, I have been generous to the higher teams giving them the win based on the first half of the season. Hence, Sydney having 19 wins and Richmond and the Eagles having 18 (Didn't take into account current injuries). A couple of the wins I gave then are either against each other or other teams in contention so my ladder could fluctuate greatly.

Anyway, we play the Pies at the MCG in an elimination final. Go us!

ladder 2.jpg.png

you have sydney losing none from here on richmond only losing this week. port only losing once and every other team in 8 losing 2 of there last 9 yet we lose 4. it just wont pan out like that adelaide, bombers and freo will win more than 2 games each carlton will win again. every single auto tip squiggle ive done shows us making the 8 yet when i do it we either just make it or miss depends on the upsets i choose. reckon itll come down to that last round but could be for 4 or 5 teams this year. whatever happens itll be a rollercoaster of a year

Doesn't hurt to discuss it though. Adelaide will play a big part in shaping the 8, they play most of the finalists on the way home.

is everyone forgetting freo game is in darwin? have we ever won in bloody darwin. Adelaide will have alot of players back soon and will want to put in a good show against us at home to make up for 91. more chance of beating geelong at home on smaller ground with our forward press. but anything could happen could lose this week if tmac and jetta miss or win every game on way home who ******* knows

7th, 8th, 9th or 10th.

There are so many games that could go either way, its gonna be a bumpy ride.

Gotta win 2 of 4 v Cats, Eagles, Crows, and Giants. Swans is a write-off. The remaining four are must wins. We'll be anywhere from 6-10.
Really agree with both of these.

Unfortunately I don’t see us getting more than 4 more wins :(

Doesn't hurt to discuss it though. Adelaide will play a big part in shaping the 8, they play most of the finalists on the way home.
nah nothing wrong with what ya saying just that there will be upsets hopefully we arent on the end of as many as the rest. bombers could show up any week and go bang same as crows gws lesser extent freo and dogs but theyve shown glimpses of causing upsets. anything could happen and i love it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideally we beat the Cats and Crows along with the 4 must wins, and the GWS is simply us playing for a home final - or even top 4. If the GWS game becomes an early elimination final I may cause a meltdown by leaving my cousin's wedding early

8th or 9th.

Richmond, West Coast, Port, Sydney are in barring major catastrophes so you want them to beat any of Adelaide, Collingwood, Geelong, GWS, Hawthorn and North who are fighting us for 5th to 11th.

Brackets indicate games that teams should be heavily favoured to win:

• I think Hawthorn will easily make it, but they do have 50/50s against GWS this week, Freo in Perth and Geelong so if you factor in three losses there they might be back in the mix
  • Geelong should make it with a game to spare because of the last two weeks - they've got (Bulldogs), Sydney, Adelaide away, us, (Brisbane), Richmond, Hawthorn, (Freo at home), (Gold Coast). If they lose to us it's game on.
  • Pies should be ok as long as they beat Gold Coast and Essendon in the next two. Then it gets slightly ropey - with the Eagles here, North, Richmond, Sydney, (Brisbane), Port here and Freo in Perth. Should still do enough to get in and will be very keen for them to knock over North in Round 18
  • I take nothing for granted with us, but we've got (St Kilda), Freo in Darwin in an absolute forum melter, (Bulldogs), Geelong, Adelaide, (Gold Coast), Sydney, West Coast, GWS and reckon we need to win all the 50/50s including Adelaide and GWS to have a chance
  • North has a piss easy run in vs (Essendon), (Gold Coast), Sydney, Collingwood, West Coast in Hobart, (Brisbane), (Bulldogs), Adelaide, (St Kilda) so we could definitely do with them losing one surprisingly - and absolutely need the Eagles to beat them in Hobart.
Comes down to us or North 8th unless they nick two of the Collingwood, Eagles and Adelaide games. Then if they are going to beat West Coast and Adelaide it would be better for us if they rolled the Pies as well and pushed them back down into the swill.

We must win every time as favourites and beat the Crows otherwise this is going to be another turdburger finish to the year.

I keep coming back to 14 wins, but still think we can win any of the games remaining. Mainly because I don't know which melbourne will turn up this week let along 5 weeks from now. My positive view is that we will be the melbourne that wins 6 more games.

We're performing somewhere in the 7th-10th bracket.

I think the most likely scenario is 9th which is of course absolutely devastating but about where we belong. Had a reasonable run with injuries and a good draw so far...more will go wrong than right in the back half of the season.

is everyone forgetting freo game is in darwin? have we ever won in bloody darwin. Adelaide will have alot of players back soon and will want to put in a good show against us at home to make up for 91. more chance of beating geelong at home on smaller ground with our forward press. but anything could happen could lose this week if tmac and jetta miss or win every game on way home who ******* knows
We won last time we played Freo in Darwin.

We're performing somewhere in the 7th-10th bracket.

I think the most likely scenario is 9th which is of course absolutely devastating but about where we belong. Had a reasonable run with injuries and a good draw so far...more will go wrong than right in the back half of the season.
are we destined for a Ninthbourne tag?

Back