Politics Abbott government/tax payers to fund Priest training

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate the animal this is so much worse than anyone realizes. This is 100% proof of pure agenda. Now we can all see cutting health and education isn't for the savings he is trying to kill the lower and middle classes.

Someone really should assassinate him!

whoa. The democratic, vote him out option is probably more civil.

whoa. The democratic, vote him out option is probably more civil.

Pffft when in Rome do as the Romans do. Nothing civil in trying to create a split class system. He's attacking and destroying everyone below the upper-middle class ring!

No one voted out Hitler in response to his politics. They responded with war and death. I guess it's because like Abbotts views his also forced entire groups and classes to live their lives in medieval fear!

The extremism of Abbotts politics are arguably to the point of justifying an uprising. I mean if every budget measure passed, particular the GP co-payment and privatizing education I could see those things destroying people to the point of riots and chaos.

Last edited:

Pffft when in Rome do as the Romans do. Nothing civil in trying to create a split class system. He's attacking and destroying everyone below the upper-middle class ring!

No one voted out Hitler in response to his politics. They responded with war and death. I guess it's because like Abbotts views his views also forced entire groups and classes to live in medieval fear!

lol. I have no respect or time for Abbott, but lets not lose our heads.

They are entitled to a share of funding under that proposed legislation. Anyone care to list the other institutions not singled out here? I'm sure I can get my knickers in a knot over a few of them.

They are entitled to a share of funding under that proposed legislation. Anyone care to list the other institutions not singled out here? I'm sure I can get my knickers in a knot over a few of them.

They should not got a red cent. No religious organisation should, but why should this government spend money on religious training?

Imagine the howls of outrage when an Islamic school receives funding for the specific purpose of teaching the Koran. The anti-Islamic brigade's heads will explode (not a bad thing, but still).

The state should not be subsidising religious education in any way, shape or form. If you want that s**t, go live in Iran.

if true that is even more concerning. surely if she had any moral fibre she would repeal the marriage act and treat everyone equally or repeal the anti-discrimination laws.

it is f'n disgraceful of Julia and every other politician who holds the same view.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/s...s49zg.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=homosexual

ANTI-DISCRIMINATION ACT 1977 - SECT 49ZG
What constitutes discrimination on the ground of homosexuality
49ZG What constitutes discrimination on the ground of homosexuality
(1) A person (
"the perpetrator" ) discriminates against another person ( homosexuality if the perpetrator: (a) on the ground of the aggrieved person’s homosexuality or the homosexuality of a relative or associate of the aggrieved person, treats the aggrieved person less favourably than in the same circumstances, or in circumstances which are not materially different, the perpetrator treats or would treat a person who he or she did not think was a homosexual person or who does not have such a relative or associate who he or she thinks was a homosexual person, or (b) requires the aggrieved person to comply with a requirement or condition with which a substantially higher proportion of persons who are not homosexual persons, or who do not have a relative or associate who is a homosexual person, comply or are able to comply, being a requirement which is not reasonable having regard to the circumstances of the case and with which the aggrieved person does not or is not able to comply. (2) For the purposes of subsection (1) (a), something is done on the ground of a person’s homosexuality if it is done on the ground of the person’s homosexuality, a characteristic that appertains generally to homosexual persons or a characteristic that is generally imputed to homosexual persons.
All any pollie has to do is delete the amendment Howard specifically added. He added the words "man and a woman" solely for the benefit of his Christian masters.
Trouble is Gillar never had the numbers...so why would she even try.
She had bigger fish to fry with Abbott's 24/7 whine fest.

Who said they don't add to the public good?

While I'm not religious, I do recognise that a great number of religious groups do a lot of good work in the community in fields such as social work, counselling and education.

As for the relevance, why are resources so scarce?

I didn't realise the Catholic church was the only religious organisation in the country....

So religious organisations who organise their own training should be penalised and instead take places from others?
Train science teachers then....
Priest are redundant spruikers for religion...nothing more.

Haha yeah that is my opinion.
It's my opinion that any organisation that runs a global pedophile ring and openly encourages the spread of Aids is evil. What's your opinion on this?
I think you are being very unfair and intolerant. The church has it faults, but to say it encourages the spread of aids is so over the top, abstinence is what it encourages outside of marriage. As to a pedophile ring , i think a few misbehaving priests does not make it a group conspiring to corrupt children.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you are being very unfair and intolerant. The church has it faults, but to say it encourages the spread of aids is so over the top, abstinence is what it encourages outside of marriage. As to a pedophile ring , i think a few misbehaving priests does not make it a group conspiring to corrupt children.

I thought he was referring to the whole of Africa.

This is where your credibility takes a massive nose dive.
There are/were not a "few", there are/were many hundreds, world wide, which has been acknowledged not by just the Catholic church but many other Christian churches, Christian organisations and Christian run private bodies as well, so there is no debate there and they are/were not simply "misbehaving" they committed heinous crimes against many thousands of their victims, in many cases leading to lives of misery and/or their deaths....
Regardless of what you think the Church motives are in regard to the spread of AIDS, their policies promote it.
In third world countries they actively rail against condoms even for health reasons. They also activley incite violence against homsexuals.

Um, no.

Firstly, the issue isn't a 'few misbehaving priests'. It was and is the systemic covering up/protection of the priests which is the real issue here. As an organisation, the catholic church the world over has put itself and its members over the welfare of children. Instead of reporting such misbehaving priests to authorities and seeing justice to 'misbehaving' members, they actively obfuscated the course of justice, quietly shuffling peadophiles to other locations, allowing them to continue molesting children in a new community.

THAT is an entire organisation that misbehaves. It is NOT the stench of a 'few' bad eggs; the entire carcass is rotten to its core. I'm sorry you are too blind to see that, and activly defend and trivialise such behaviour. I really am.

Your post shows you up your bias and disrespect, every religion leader was described correctly but , for catholism, (just a Mick in your words). Do you have the guts to sling off at Imams, Rabbis , etc, i bet you dont. If i mocked homosexuals like you do the church , you would be straight to the moderator. What disgusting double standards you have.

Yes I do. I despise all religions and all religious leaders as liars and frauds. Sometimes I get the hilarious "you can't say that, it's offensive" line thrown back, that's generally when I laugh.

So an orgaisation that's had decades to clean up it's act, has a history of hiding pedophiles, "reassures" the pope that it's now only 2%? We're not only supposed to believe that 2% is somehow acceptable but we're supposed to accept that 2% as being accurate? This is the Catholic Church we're talking about. Truth isn't a virtue any thinking person would equate with that organisation - Catholics included!

We shouldn't be debating whether these schools get tax dollars . . . we should be debating if these institutions of child abuse should even still exist!

Of course, but never forget most people are cowards. They'll shed a theatrical tear on occasion, but if comes to protesting against an organisation that participates in the raping of children, well no they can't do that. They might offend someone.

A few misbehaving priests?
Are you f*ck*ng serious?

Yeah no wuckers.
It was the global paedophile ring which had me confused??
They don't permit contraception so any practising Catholic anywhere with Aids risks spreading it.:drunk::cry:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back