Injury Ablett out for up to 3 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

So he'll miss the North game this weekend and likely the Freo game at home afterwards.

Meaning his first game back, assuming it all goes as well as he predicts and only misses 2, will be against GWS.

Should be an interesting test to see how far our youngsters have progressed without the Master there to guide them. In a way, sort of looking forward to it. But in another way, hope he makes a very speedy recovery. :D

Just my luck........spend 6 months planning a vacation to miss one of the most electric players in the competition for the exact 2 matches I'll be there to see.........piss on me!

Terrrible news, was really looking forward to seeing him live for the first time in GC colours this week.

Ablett out could be a blessing in disguise. See what the core group can do without their captain/superstar.

I haven't changed my opinion that Raines deliberately used his body to block GAJ from the ball in a reckless manner :thumbsdown:

Nothing in it in my opinion. Went in low, fumbled, turned his body and protected himself a bit. Intention was to gather and protect the space of the ball so Gaz couldn't run onto it because as we all know your out of the contest as soon as you go to ground.

It was just unfortunate, no malice I dont think. :confused:

Thankfully its only 2-3 weeks!

I think Matera is the man to take over Gazza's role ..

Thankfully its only 2-3 weeks!

I think Matera is the man to take over Gazza's role ..

Disagree, Matera is too small for the rigours of the continuous contested football in the midfield.

Ablett out, lets hope Swallow comes good, apparently seems still a maybe to play this week. I think Lynch will stay defence, May might come back in to free up Brennan to come back in midfield rotations, and Rischa, Prestia, Caddy to all play bigger roles through the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing in it in my opinion. Went in low, fumbled, turned his body and protected himself a bit. Intention was to gather and protect the space of the ball so Gaz couldn't run onto it because as we all know your out of the contest as soon as you go to ground.

It was just unfortunate, no malice I dont think. :confused:

oh I don't think Raines has a malicious bone in his body.
It's the role he's asked to play..what was the movie about The Prime Directive?
Don't let Ablett get near the footy.
IMO his prime objective was not the ball but blocking GAJ's access to it.He went to ground and the rest is history.

Good news on that front, I would hope if he took 2 off and came back for GWS, a game we actually would be a favorite for that would be the best case scenario. So with Harbrow and Ablett down, Brown stays in, get Horsely off the rookie list into the main squad.

Will be a good chance for someone like Prestia or Caddy to stand up.

Rischa also needs to stand up now to lead the midfield. May in, Lynch and Warnock stay down back, Bock stay forward.

Will be interesting none the less.

Just my luck........spend 6 months planning a vacation to miss one of the most electric players in the competition for the exact 2 matches I'll be there to see.........piss on me!
That post makes me remember how lucky I am to be able to see Gaz play almost every second week here in QLD.

Hope you enjoy your time out here.

Ablett out could be a blessing in disguise. See what the core group can do without their captain/superstar.
It could be but the pessimist in me sees us falling apart without his leadership out on the ground. I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong and see us step up though.

I currently have an on going debate with a dual Suns/Lions member (Don't ask) that Raines did nothing wrong, While I concede that he didn't do anything deliberate like I know most Suns fans thought initially, I still maintain that at that point of the game with the Lions win well in the bag, I saw no reason with it being 3 on 1 against Gaz inside the Lions attacking 50 that Raines needed to go to ground like that, I think it was a unnecessary and careless move that's put Garry on the shelf and *Shudder* may impact him for the rest of his career.

My point is that what did Raines have to gain by going to ground? Nothing, Unless he really didn't want Gaz to get 34 possessions rather than 33.

, I think it was a unnecessary and careless move that's put Garry on the shelf and *Shudder* may impact him for the rest of his career.

My point is that what did Raines have to gain by going to ground? Nothing, Unless he really didn't want Gaz to get 34 possessions rather than 33.

couldn't agree more
Can't believe it wasn't reviewed when Thomas from North gets reported genuinely going for the ball
I've watched the incident at least 10 times
Raines slides in and then deliberatley turns back into GAJ to block his access and damaging his leg.

Bad news for the Suns, and for my supercoach!!

I expect to see the Suns play pretty well next week without him, though I wonder what impact it'll have on campaigner's game.. I have noticed that Hunt passes to and recieves from Gaz more than any other player, though over the past couple of weeks he's def got a lot more of his own ball..

With Gaz out, there's only one man who can save us now....

I would have thought the Suns could maybe use a little ..

MAGin-alIK

621842-alik-magin.jpg

Has anyone heard anything other than the 2-3 weeks tweeted by GAJ?

I'll admit it is a DT related question, but please have mercy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back