Prediction Breakout 3 for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

One gets bonus votes for his last name..
and for being in a AFL state..

The other misses out on both fronts
Noah’s father is a premiership player for a big Melbourne club.
They would be pumping him up to no end if he was Melbourne based.
Does get a bit of love but generally as part of the Rowell-Anderson duo moniker without much acknowledgement for his individual performance.

I’m going to go slightly off script and say

Powell: skillful. tough. Excellent aerially for his size. Strong wiry frame last year but looks to have really filled out. Hardly rated externally, but we’ve seen his awesome rate of improvement from his first 1 or two years. Often the 7th or 8th name mentioned when GC talent discussed despite finishing 2nd in our bnf at age 21. Could be in for a big year to really consolidate that he deserves to be right up in discussion with our best young players.

Ben Long: seems like he never really got a fair go at half back for st kilda but in the few games he played there showed he’s got some translatable skills. Will need to find some consistency, but I reckon he can do it with a coaching staff providing him a stable role.

Joel Jeffrey: his offensive skill and match up problems he creates makes him a must start and breakout candidate in his age 21 season.

I’m really hoping for jack lukosius to be in this as well.

I'll play! The three I'd really like to break out are Joel Jeffrey, Elijah Hollands and Bailey Humphrey. Of those who've been around for a while I'd love Sam Flanders, Luko and Sharpy to emerge and maintain form over a full season. ...and then there's Noah, Rowelly and Charlie Ballard to really take off.
The first three you’ve mentioned are all potential match winners. If they all break out, then the sky is the limit for us.

One gets bonus votes for his last name..
and for being in a AFL state..

The other misses out on both fronts
Give me Noah every day of the week. Although Brayshaw and Serong have got most of the accolades to date, I’m more than happy with Rowell and Anderson and wouldn’t swap them.

Last year's MVP vs our golden boy.

Noah Anderson is an A Grade Superstar.
Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 6.42.46 am.png

Imagine how hard you would have been laughed out this thread in January if you had of said Darcy MacPherson :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back