Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
1682006705251.png

rZXFb2iqs8Eb4RTB6cLGXKLnj_doDoJqU2FGv4gK4R0.jpg

Out: Rosas, Touk, Andrew

In: Sexton, Humphrey to start, Farrar

I'd probably make Hollands sub
Sounds good to me. Sexton to take Rosas’s spot (Rosas can even go out injured, rather than being dropped like he probably deserves), Humphrey to rotate more in the mid to support, Farrar for Andrew.

Expect Rosas and Touk out for Sexton and Humphrey to be the only changes after a 40 point win. Maybe Davies sub.

Farrar would’ve been dropped if he played like Andrew the last 2 weeks, so don’t expect Dew to make that move. Just don’t understand what we are doing with Mac. He’s clearly not ready and it’s not like we can hide him in an elite lineup or gameplan. Would rather wait until finals are completely out of reach before putting games into him.

Don’t know if Long was the answer for what we were looking for at the last trade period either, but it’s early days there and not a lot of other options.

Expect Rosas and Touk out for Sexton and Humphrey to be the only changes after a 40 point win. Maybe Davies sub.

Farrar would’ve been dropped if he played like Andrew the last 2 weeks, so don’t expect Dew to make that move. Just don’t understand what we are doing with Mac. He’s clearly not ready and it’s not like we can hide him in an elite lineup or gameplan. Would rather wait until finals are completely out of reach before putting games into him.

Don’t know if Long was the answer for what we were looking for at the last trade period either, but it’s early days there and not a lot of other options.
Long seemed better today, so jury is still out on how that will pay off.

Andrew just doesn’t have a good match up, as he can’t play on smalls at all.

Agree with that , you guys can still make the finals but need to be more conservative in selection, Andrew will be a player but like Oea exposes you physically in a contest at the moment, Burgess ,Stein or even Chol as a defender are better short term option. Humphrey has already gone past Rosa who has never been a 4 quarter footballer , he should only play as the sub

Last edited:
... even Chol as a defender are better short term option.
Noticed Mabs in the backline tonight. Might be something Dewy is willing to experiment with next week.

Davies and Hollands seemed to play well in the VFL today so I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them come into contention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed Mabs in the backline tonight. Might be something Dewy is willing to experiment with next week.

Davies and Hollands seemed to play well in the VFL today so I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them come into contention.
I reckon he was more just covering Witt’s role. Saw Casboult down there too. Normally Witts gets back to help in defence, but if he is off the others have to take that role instead.

For mine, Connor Blakeley was better in the midfield than either of those 2 today.

Hollands did improve as the game went on but Davies regularly tried to break too many tackles as usual.

Saw Secco coming down the stairs on the way out and said he should be playing every week
He just smiled
Surely Farrar for Andrew
With Touk sidelined we’re not in a position to carry any possibly maybes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Did you tell him about his easy misses too? Haha. He should have 3 more goals. I thought Sexton was great, not only getting into scoring positions but also linking up, score assists and worked hard. Good on him. Ultimate clubman.

Fairly sure this one is going to be shown live throughout Victoria on Sunday arvo so it's a really great opportunity for us to dispel some myths in circulation down there. Not only would a win ignite our season but it would almost kill Richmond's season. Not often you get a chance to pull off a double shot on enemy territory but here we are.

Hopefully the Dees add to Richmond's woes tomorrow night so we can take full advantage next week.

Dew specially mentioned Fiorini, so I assume we'll see him take more midfield in Touk's absence. But should start rotating more through there, even just a little. Some of these forwards should be able to attend centre bounce. Ainsworth for one.

Shame I won't be able to attend. I'll still be in Adelaide until Monday.

Spot on.... run Humphrey through the mid and high forward, Sexton and Farrar deserve a go and Hollands needs to be given a shot similar to Humphrey at some point. There's a couple of others in the 2s getting closer to a gig as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back